Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

4 Likes

And home growing still is not “legal” (plant numbers) in New York??

4 Likes

That is correct.

3 Likes

So is this another example of how competent the government is or how powerful bribes can be to purposely slow walk to the point of failure? I bet they didn’t think the people would give them the middle finger and go for it anyways. Over 2,000 unlicensed dispensaries in NYC, and the phenomenon has spread into neighboring states because of more rent-seeking, gate-keeping, and corrupt policies.

7 Likes

6 Likes

It is if you have a med card (i got mine) but starting July next year home grow goes legal for everybody finally

1 Like
6 Likes

Yet in Maine, you can only have up to 3 mature plants home growing. They push out home growing, and then put poison in the dispensaries.

4 Likes

Medical cannabis in Maine is not required to be tested, while the products for the recreational-use market are.
they only received samples from providers already choosing to test their products rather than a randomized selection, the real percentage is likely much higher,
Who is the genius that decided that…WTF??
It musta been backwards day…LOL
Sorry bro we put poison in your medicine and did not tell you… :nauseated_face:
Back in 2013, some folks insisted we need legal weed in stores because it is safer than buying from a grower.
I did not agree then and I still do not.
And folks still say we need to be satisfied with the current legalization model.
I feel we can do better than we are now.

As we see here, the cash flow is the most important part of legalization.
More proof that legalization that is about the money :money_mouth_face: and not the people is not working at least not for the people.

This is why I suggested we should not accept the first deal offered.
Legalization could be soo much better if it was for the people and by the people instead of being all about the money.
Why do we accept what they offer without at least a protest?

4 Likes

Until I can go into Walmart in the Spring and buy a pack of cannabis seeds with my tomato seeds We The People Are Not Free. Why are Westerns so servile?

4 Likes

I don’t see how that would stand up in court… :thinking:
I’m not a lawyer (thank God) but I think that BS would be easy enough to overcome in a decent court of law.
If the law was just and fair though. That’s the caveat and good luck finding a just court in this country. Really though, I’d have to try.

3 Likes

Well said @SEMOActivist
I have been asking that question for over 10 years.
When I say things like what is wrong with you people, I am usually told to just shut the hell up and go with the flow…LOL
I still shake my head. :woozy_face:

“showing or characterized by extreme compliance or abject obedience,” servile suggests the mean or fawning behavior of a slave.

3 Likes

This brings up a good point…
If we accept unjust laws then we must expect the courts to inforce the unjust laws.
This will yeild an unjust court system by default.
And this will lead to imprisoned people put there by these same unjust laws.

Putting people in prison based on lies and unjust laws is unacceptable in my book.

:thinking:

3 Likes

We accept what happens b/c “stoners” are complacent and unorganized. Maybe if NORML would collaborate with antifa’s black block then some organized push back could be had, like the way Open Society makes their 3d chess moves.

2 Likes

I can’t recall where the article is and don’t wanna do a search this morning, but I’m fairly sure I remember reading that it’s already being challenged… and would probably be upheld, except that NJ’s laws on “accepted science” just recently changed to require that scientific standards in the laws be proven rather than just “generally accepted by a majority of professionals.” The vast majority of states still have the “generally accepted” standard, so there’s nothing stopping this from becoming a model elsewhere other than voter pushback. As far as how they’re gonna require scientific standards be proven when we technically can’t even fully prove that gravity is real, just can’t disprove it, I have no idea and it’s above my pay grade. :stuck_out_tongue:

In other, “better?” news for NJ…

Yay? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

In Missouri, an officer in a helicopter can have a cop stop you on the highway and give you a ticket. My Dad sad “BS” when he knew they were wrong to even stop him. He went to court with a good (very well known) lawyer that happened to be a friend of the family.
They argued that the officer who witnessed the offense should, by law, be the one who stopped and wrote the ticket, otherwise it was “hearsay” evidence (something like that lol). When it became obvious that it would be taken to the higher courts if need be, they dropped the case.
My dad truly believed he was in the right. I wasn’t riding with him at the time but he never showed a led foot when we were with him so I believe him.
I said all that to say this.
All it takes is the right person. Someone who won’t bend at the knee when unjustly used, to lock in and take it as far as he can. Then they fold at least a little but the public sees a little more truth. Then they make a slight change and say “See we heard you and are making progress”, all while trying to give up the least control possible.
People playing chess for power over other peoples lives… What a country.

7 Likes

If you want to make a federal case about it I’ll play your game. I have friends and family who are lawyers who will sue you, your business, your mom, and your dog. For fun, for free.

I feel we all need to try our best to adopt this attitude.
Why don’t we?

That right there is probably the #1 reason for not doing anything at all.
It can be quite expensive to stand against injustice.

It would be nice if lawyers would stand up for what is right and just instead of standing up for what pays the bills.
But alas, they do need to pay for those big houses and boats ect.

Problem is everyone has a different view of what equals justice. I’d rant more but the post would be flagged and I would be censored. Where would the justice be in that?

4 Likes

And the farce continues.

4 Likes