Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Skunk Grow Supply is 90% off in tulsa, Oklahoma …this morning I spent $267 for $2,700 worth of light nutrients etc, tents are $14, $18 bucks, fyi
https://skunkgrowusa.com/
Hapi growing

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Crooks everywhere in the legal cannabis business.
It would seem legal cannabis attracts them…LOL

Former state Sen. Jeremy Hutchinson was a partner of Gray and Steel. He is mentioned often in the complaints. Hutchinson was sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison last year after pleading guilty to his role in an unrelated public corruption and bribery scheme.

Wright is a namesake of the Steel, Wright, Gray firm, and he is still listed as one of the firm’s partners on its website. He is also a former state legislator.

the Medical Marijuana Commission looked more favorably on applications with owners in fields related to medical marijuana, like doctors, pharmacists and other health care workers as well as law enforcement and those working in similarly regulated industries.

That seems to have backfired. :relaxed:

2 Likes

7 Likes

The Banking Act may get blown up by both Republicans and Democrats attaching other crap to the bill.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/26/cannabis-gop-proxy-war-guns-oil-crypto-00117610

6 Likes

The rider bill thing should be outlawed.
If you want this you gotta gimme that is some bullshit way to pass a law in my opinion anyway.

That shit does not even go over with my wife, I have tried…LOL :rofl:

9 Likes

This is one of those times when I wouldn’t mind if everyone agreed to adding back specific language protecting firearms dealers’ accounts (but f payday lenders).

2 Likes

Isn’t that the definition of pay for play? And isn’t that sort of frowned upon? That’s what it sounds like to me though.

4 Likes

It is extortion. Both sides put crap that can not pass on its own merits into a Bill that We the People NEED in order to pass and get their grift/pay off cronies/ pay off donors. I keep asking Why do we need a ruling elite?

5 Likes

I do not disagree, but the policy is not a good one.

I agree. :wink:

3 Likes

I just have to say, many bills could only be passed by adding things that have nothing to do with the main point of the bill. Worked that way for over 200 years. Then, both sides found out if you want to kill a bill add something the other side will hate, and thus they rampantly started adding poisoned pills that have nothing to do with the bill for the specific purpose of killing the bill.

And politicians play with people’s lives to line their pockets on and on. It’s a story as old as time.

11 Likes

I think I’d be good with cannabis cafes, but to suggest they would somehow reduce illegal (i.e., untaxed) weed sales is simply magical thinking.

8 Likes

That’s sort of like saying that bars will stop the sale of moonshine. Living in Kentucky, that sort of thinking is laughable.

9 Likes

I support cannabis cafes for sure. States legalizing cannabis, promote cannabis tourism, but then the only place you can legally smoke is a private residence is bs. I like NY any place you can smoke cigarettes you can smoke cannabis.

The thing about cafes is I assume whatever you smoke you have to purchase on premises. What about food and drink (alcohol)?

Smoking cannabis is the most enjoyable in social settings. How about music venues? Parks? Fishing piers?

Politicians get so freaking twisted when it comes to cannabis. Go ahead and smoke but I will maintain my jackboot on your throat in case I change my mind.

6 Likes

We had a cafe that would rent out smoking accessories instead of selling weed. You bring your own, you rent the volcano and buy a snack.

I think it’s gone though.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I did not expect this…
Some researchers have also theorized that cannabinoids’ anti-cancer activities may offset some of the harms otherwise associated with inhaling smoke.

This I expected…
The findings of these studies are clear and consistent: The risks associated with cannabis smoke and tobacco smoke are far from equal.

7 Likes

@Nagel420
Wow!! In Canada, as far as I know, all of the country, it’s almost a piece of cake to get a licnese to grow more then the stardard four plants. There are companies with nurse practitioners pumping out medical licences for 10, 19 plants for little more than
$100.

3 Likes

At least until RJ Reynolds or the other tobacco companies get a hold of and start “enhancing” it.

5 Likes