Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

doesn’t matter much if you live next to oh and not mi though…

1 Like

Hopefully, Ohio will be a national turning point. Most of the progressive states have legalized, and even a few more conservative states have as well. It’s said: “As California goes, so goes the rest of the nation” or words to that effect. That’s also true of NY, generally. Legalization/decrim/deprioritization are inevitable at this point.

2 Likes

Sounds like it might be a tough road to getting Ohio legal… if the legislature can simply kill it after the voters (hopefully) approve the ballot measure?

3 Likes

Even in our (bogus) “democracy”, the people need to get what they want once in a while just to feed the illusion.

5 Likes

Feed the illusion is such a great quote! It’d be nice to get what we want as opposed to the illusion that we’re getting what we want

2 Likes

a line from one of my favorite crystal method songs is “pseudo opportunity”

1 Like

Ya, a big concern or fear is that the bill will likely be amended, which probably means removal of home grow. 6-12 plants sounds really nice if it passes and remains as is. Hopefully it passes with an overwhelming about of votes to dissuade them from messing with it. Seems like Issue 2 has bi-partisan support according to polls.

2 Likes

6-12 in flower or total? NY is saying 3 veg and 3 flowering at the moment

2 Likes

It’s my understanding that with issue 2 adults are permitted to have 6 plants, limiting it to 12 total per household where there is more than 1 adult present.

Issue 2 would legalize and regulate recreational marijuana for adults aged 21 and above, including cultivation, processing, sale, purchase, possession, and home growth. If the initiative is approved by voters in 2023, adults would be able to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana and up to 15 grams of marijuana concentrates. Additionally, individuals would be permitted to cultivate up to six marijuana plants at home, while households could cultivate up to 12 plants collectively

https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Issue_2,_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2023)

As far as I can tell there is no distinction from vegetative, flower, or seedling phases. A seedling is likely considered the same thing as a 20’ tree.

4 Likes

The full law is laid out at the end of this PDF:

https://www.ohiosos.gov/globalassets/elections/2023/gen/issuesreport.pdf

It’s 12 plants total but leaves some wiggle room for up to 23 before major felonies kick in. Keep in mind, the Ohio Legislature can, and likely will, alter this law before it can take effect.

4 Likes

So, following the Massachusetts model. So far that’s one of the best models I’ve seen, I wish my state had done something similar (instead we got 6 immature females or 2 mature females).

3 Likes

The higher veg count at least considers males and mother plants. I don’t think any state really got everything right😂

3 Likes

Oklahoma has six in flower and six in veg.
With my wife having a card too we do 12 and 12.

3 Likes
18 Likes

That’s a start.

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

i wonder when they’ll start filling prescriptions…

now that would be nice, the feds sending pot to me in the mail.

1 Like
3 Likes

From the teaser line " If You Want To Live to 100, Aging Experts Say You Should Take Up This Hobby ASAP," Parade magazine offers an article supporting our hobby:
“Scientific data shows a direct connection between longevity and gardening, a hobby that benefits the body as well as the mind.”

(…Sorry if this is the wrong thread or format for submitting this.)

4 Likes