Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes
4 Likes

I wonder how effectively they’ve stored last year’s harvest? I suppose if you keep it cold it will last a bit longer, but still… in theory it’s flower from a year ago?

2 Likes

Some of it was stored properly some not. It really doesn’t matter, because the procurement people for the dispensary ask you within 5 minutes if it this year or last year flower.
The growers showcase is an end run around a court case that halted all new dispensary openings. Before the court case the showcase was going now where. After the case the OCM truly paid attention to getting them going.
Active in this market, so speaking about what I’m watching the farm experience since it started.

2 Likes

Ah, you’re the person in the industry in NYS… I thought you were and was going to tag you, but usernames sometimes all seem the same so I wasn’t 100% certain.

Reading between the lines of that article it sounded like most of what was getting sold at the showcases was flower from last year, is that not the case? With dispensary numbers lacking I suppose cultivators are already pretty worried about this year’s harvest meeting the same fate?

2 Likes

See, this is why I will always stick with living soil.

2 Likes

It’s all last years flower that’s being sold at these showcases.
I’ve heard that a bunch of the cultivators did not plant this year, because there is such a limited market to sell in. The processors are usually making the most sales/ taking up the most shelf space in dispensary currently.
Cultivation license application are open currently also. I’ll answer any questions I can that you have

2 Likes

Why would I? They’re not selling it out of the kindness of their hearts, they’re doing it to make money. They’re capitalizing on the unwillingness of the average person to risk going to jail by getting involved in that market. Without the risk of going to jail, they’ve got no business model. Another way of putting it would be that they’re capitalizing on the injustice of the laws - as was that so-called “hemp shop.” One is breaking the law in the process and one isn’t, technically, but both are capitalizing on unjust laws. So no, no sympathy from me. I have sympathy for homegrowers who aren’t allowed to grow because of unjust laws - not capitalizing on anyone, just avoiding being capitalized upon by those who shape the unjust laws in the first place.

2 Likes

I just don’t see it that way… at all. In my view the injustice of the law is primary, and it’s natural that where there is prohibition of something people desire, some people will capitalize and supply that market. This is growing and selling cannabis we’re talking about, not human trafficking or opiates. Yes, selling cannabis was a crime, but it was never a moral wrong, other than that it involved breaking unjust laws.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was morally wrong, just that I have no sympathy for them. I don’t think comparison to human trafficking or opiates is apt. It’s more apt to compare it to someone making a risky bet - if someone decides to bet everything they have on the Jaguars, Broncos or Panthers to win the Super Bowl when they’re one game from being mathematically eliminated, and loses rather than winning at 100:1 odds and being set for life, I have no sympathy for them either. Risk/reward, that’s all.

3 Likes

There would have been no medical marijuana without caregiveres.
Now caregivers are just considered scummy drug dealers.

What a world we live in today. :thinking:

Some will never see this…ever.
Some are just happy they can buy weed at a store, never thinking of others.
What a world. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Round up ready cannabis is already in the works, isn’t that great news everybody? :nauseated_face:

changes are intended to make the engineered plants free of THC and CBC and also boost resistance to the herbicide bialaphos . It says genes in the new hemp plants came from multiple donor organisms, including plants, bacteria, a virus and at least one artificial sequence.

3 Likes

The bullshit about fentanyl-laced cannabis is reminiscent of the “Reefer Madness” and “Just Say No” nonsense of yesteryear. Then came the whole campaign about drugs funding terrorism after 9/11. Those vacuous arguments wither away at the slightest scrutiny, but people will believe anyone on TV said by someone in a business suit or uniform.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I used to work maintenance in a major hospital and when stuff was slow, I would walk around with a clipboard. People not only wouldn’t question me but they tended to avoid me.

7 Likes

A clipboard can get you access to damn near anywhere, even more if you are wearing a business suit and hardhat.

6 Likes

Add PPE reflective safety vest, eye and ear protection. I can confirm this.

3 Likes

i once walked into an active fbi investigation site with khakis, a clipboard, reflective vest, and hardhat. it was right after the mchm spill in wv when they tried to kill 300,000 of us. i wanted to see the hole in the tank and walked right up to it and took some pictures. i asked the fbi person something and all she could do was point to her lips closed and shake her head.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Michigan is still going to be a more free state no matter what happens with Issue 2

2 Likes