Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

it’s been upheld by courts already so it’s a precedent. hard to get those overturned in the us. look it up. not just by this hospital, but by other companies. i forgot the case law but it’s there.

It’s legal in 21 out of 50 states, the other 29 states and DC you can’t discriminate based on nicotine use.

1 Like

You’re in West Virginia right?

1 Like

i guess i can’t. good. thanx for that. they let me grow pot too, even though it isn’t legal here yet. there are reasons i love living here.

and after looking it up, it appears that i was correct when i knew the information 30 years ago. i was a different person then and studied law for a bit. turns out all of these anti-discrimination laws passed after i stopped, or most of them anyway.

1 Like

Lol now that’s funny, asking permission to grow a plant.

asking permission for them not to harass me for growing a plant. jail is a big harassment that i would prefer not to experience much more of. i’m getting old now.

5 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/18/it-doesnt-smell-right-alabamas-medical-marijuana-debacle-continues-00135881?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

8 Likes
6 Likes

https://hightimes.com/news/proposal-in-washington-seeks-to-raise-legal-cannabis-age-to-25/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

6 Likes

And both stories show busy-body authoritarian legislators being completely pissed off at people having fun.

6 Likes

fify. damn, that should be counted for at least 10 characters. i guess they only count mine. if it were only about fun, they wouldn’t have outlawed abortion.

3 Likes

I know Vermont is a teeny tiny state, but we always fall outside people’s radar.

• No advertising: licensees are suppose to submit anything that constitutes an ad to state regulators for approval. This includes almost all social media posts (though most people seem to ignore this altogether).

• Potency caps on flower (30% though they seem to be somewhat generous on how they define that) and concentrates (60%). The latter has hampered licensed manufacturers. I saw a headline recently that said the legislature is considering relaxing the current cap on flower potency.

• No plastic in packaging. In the early days they allowed the minimum amount necessary for some packaging, but they seem to be moving away from that.

There’s more I’m not thinking of, not fully awake yet.

ETA: Speaking of not fully awake, I forgot, the 60% cap on concentrates is for solid concentrates… it doesn’t apply to liquid concentrates.

8 Likes

I like the wax paper packaging.

2 Likes

Missouri law makers are working on the framework for workers compensation in a world where marijuana is federally legal. I’m not optimistic, but I’m hopeful.

https://www.newstribune.com/news/2024/jan/19/missouri-legislators-push-back-on-adding/

4 Likes

I am very curious to see what happens next door this year.

2 Likes

We will see, though every year they get some proposals going (sucky ones, like no homegrowing and sales through the state liquor stores), and then it gets shot down at the last moment.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it happens this year. They (gov) has been polling farms and almost all the small farms are pushing for home grow. Hopefully jt happens, not like it’s not happening at very high levels already.

2 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes