Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

7 Likes

The biggest block of consumer in ny according to a couple procurement people is 50+

3 Likes

The consumer eats the cost of so much of this noise too. Can’t get a gram of rosin around here for less than like $75.

3 Likes

Corruption in motion, no wonder MSO executives are so excited by the lack of competition

3 Likes

Foaming at the mouth :joy:. Not in a joking way, more like rabid dogs!

2 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

https://themessenger.com/news/woman-stabbed-boyfriend-100-times-sentenced-100-hours-community-service-bryn-spejcher?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

6 Likes

Never heard of such a thing as cannabis-induced psychosis. Sounds like my dog ate my homework type of excuse(A LIE).

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

So if I smoke cannabis I can stab people now?

2 Likes

The LA Times coverage said that the prosecutor’s expert witness agreed with the defense’s expert witness that Spejcher was in a psychotic state and had lost touch with reality. The prosecutor was right that courts don’t generally treat voluntarily-consumed alcohol or drug induced psychosis the same as other forms of psychosis… but apparently the judge did in her case. TBF it doesn’t seem all that foreseeable that doing a few bong hits would lead to a complete break from reality.

3 Likes

Not sure it was entirely about the judge… apparently the DA’s office downgraded the charges before the case even went to trial as well. With both sides effectively acting as her defense lawyers, he would’ve had very little choice in the matter. As far as why the hell someone’s getting community service for murder, I think the family might have a bit of a point:

According to Sean O’Melia, the family was “ambushed” by the news that the VCDA wanted to file a motion to reduce the charges of second-degree murder that had been filed five and a half years before to only involuntary manslaughter.

“You’re supposed to fight for the victim and his family, and I’m sitting there listening to them, and it was a group of people that were out acting purely from either fear of something …Maybe it’s politics, publicity, I don’t know. But it was…they had a total defeatist mentality,” he said.

Just one month before Chad’s accused killer, Bryn Spejcher, would finally be brought to court, the very people meant to uphold justice were now capitulating, apparently out of fear of losing a case that seemed, to the family, to be a slam dunk, according to O’Melia.

The WSJ already has a canned opinion ready on how this means Biden and the HHS are being irresponsible to even consider reducing the scheduling. Reeks of politics to me.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/marijuana-is-more-dangerous-than-bidens-hhs-lets-on-psychosis-heart-pregnancy-fe409dba

3 Likes

It isn’t unusual for a DAs office to reduce a charge, they undoubtedly knew their expert was going to testify she was experiencing psychosis and didn’t think they could meet the elements of the more serious charge/thought the defense had a fairly strong case that she wasn’t competent at the time she committed the crime.

The sentence is surprisingly light given what she did. Obviously a person has to feel for the victim’s father.

4 Likes

Brings to mind The 1933 story, used as a dog whistle during prohibition .

6 Likes

I dunno he sure looks like a doper.

6 Likes

Remember the “Twinkie “ defense. Junk food made me do it. Some people just can’t handle weed or sugar. It is not fair to judge others by their deficiencies.

4 Likes
3 Likes

“We’re going to make sure that if the voters make recreational cannabis legal, the legal recreational cannabis will be ditch weed”

Fixed it for them.

4 Likes