Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

1 Like

How to domesticate humans 101

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another reason to grow your own:

3 Likes

Per the bill analysis, SB 1698 bans ā€œsynthetic or naturally occurring versions of controlled substances listed in s. 893.03, F.S., such as delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, delta-10-tetrahydrocannabinol, hexahydrocannabinol, tetrahydrocannabinol acetate, tetrahydrocannabiphorol, and tetrahydrocannabivarin.ā€

1 Like

The following statement makes me think the cannabis industry is involved in this somehow. :thinking:
We did not hear of this sorta thing happening until cannabis was legalized.

ā€œWhat we hope is that this will steer people away from that illegal market and bring them towards the legalized side of things,ā€

2 Likes

doesnā€™t make sense. it started in heroine, not weed. then it just spilled over into everything else starting with pills.

3 Likes

Iā€™m skeptical, sureā€¦ maybe they found one example where there was fentanyl on cannabis (Iā€™d like to have more of a sense of how much, are we talking a small trace amount or a significant amount?), but 39 people who needed naloxone saying they only used cannabis? I think thereā€™s a good chance a significant portion of those people are lying.

Obviously with fentanyl what counts as a significant amount may be quite small, but stillā€¦

5 Likes

Smells like FAKE News. Very skeptical about this claim.

Especially now with the domestic (west coast) market collapsing/in flux that creates EXTREME profit margins for the street middle men. This whole paradigm has been trotted out in front of the public as a scare tactic, surely legacy operators want clients coming backā€¦alive.

Thereā€™s a greater likelihood that the licensed players or some other machiavellian party is manufacturing these scenarios for a sensationalist reaction. Either way, itā€™s likely to shape public opinion so that the voting bloc will feel good about the state shutting down all the smoke shops selling without state approval. Even though, it was the state that over-regulated and precipitated this gloomy situation.

7 Likes

Agreed. If not outright fake, then sensationalist at the very least. It helps move a political agenda: Weed is bad. Dangerous. Evil. Poison. ā€¦So weā€™d better not let it go unregulated.

3 Likes

I think what likely happened was, addicts lie, and probably some accidental cross contamination if I had to guess. Unfortunately we will probably never know and the comment about steering people to the legal market just looks bad.

6 Likes

The Dateā€¦ 2021

5 Likes

Surely weā€™ve all known this for years:

The best part is itā€™s published in JAMA

7 Likes

Weā€™ve absolutely known it for years. Itā€™s nice there was a blood alcohol reference for a comparison.

Did you try the link to DRUID? Finally, I can actually quantify just how fucked up I am, and in real time! Itā€™s an app with a 14 day free trial. Itā€™s the gold standard for impairment testing, donā€™t ya know. HA, and no kidding!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been smoking for years and have never been impaired once.

6 Likes

lmao

lol

:boom:

2 Likes

Yes, but have you been hoisted on your own pitard?

3 Likes

I will not discuss such experiences on an open forum.

2 Likes

Oy vey! :roll_eyes: I didnā€™t notice that. ā€¦More like a ā€œNot Quite Current Event.ā€ But still interesting, I think.

5 Likes

LOL, reminder to always look at the date of an article.

3 Likes