Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

So much “Science” has been faked in my lifetime I do not trust the sources any longer. From cigarettes in the 1970s to Alzheimer’s research so much fake science out there.

5 Likes

They want anything that justifies an increase to their budget.

I’m my city their budget is getting a big raise while the city is running a huge deficit and it’s not good enough for them.

3 Likes

that’s the beauty of the picture i posted. it is absolutely true, 100%, not up for debate. we are all different and have different reactions to the same thing. it is not a belief, it is a fact.

2 Likes

THC was isolated and injected into human subjects in a laboratory setting

Yeah, it will cause that…so does K2 aka ‘spice’

Its because of the C1 receptor in the brain…C2 receptor picks up the milder side of cannabis

pure THC and k2(spice) both act exclusivly on C1 receptor which is scary side of cannabis

If you want to call it that…Its there…under a very specific set of circumstances

Leave it to DEA approved researchers to create the set and setting for psychosis!

People can also just get plenty weirded out because …they never smoke and now they just took 3 big bong hits…it happens

Reefer madness

Its the last gasp for the DEA

Has been for years!!!

3 Likes

I think it’s far more likely that the problem is increased availability (and to a lesser extent, reduced stigma). More people have regular easy access to cannabis, because it’s legal. Some people are prone to psychosis, for a variety of reasons. Some of those people are going to seek solace in the disassociative effects of cannabis, which may bring them some short-term relief but also exacerbate underlying issues and increase the risk of developing full-blown psychosis.

And then it’s more socially acceptable and seen as low-risk so you’ll see people who may have avoided cannabis when it was illegal trying it (mostly thinking of women as a group).

8 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/27/us/cannabis-dea-drug-test.html?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

6 Likes

Good one of their own was subjected to the DEA’s tunnel vision. I support removing processed drugs (meth, coke, opioids) from the street. But substances that are naturally part of nature (weed, shrooms, etc) they are provided by nature so we can deal with each others bs.

I’m continually amazed at how a little plant can drive a presumably intelligent balanced person Batcrap crazy. Don’t like it don’t partake. Don’t like the smell , well tobacco and alcohol don’t smell like perfume (which I also don’t care for on males or females , smell bad take a shower).

Don’t like the smell, stay away from. Besides what you may think I don’t need to be saved from myself. Got to be an arrogant somebody insist others live by your values (parents excluded)

Sorry for the rant

Good growing ya’ll

Smib

9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

They lock you up in prison, to save you from harming yourself…What a joke that is, right?

4 Likes
4 Likes

The proposed initiative would not allow home growing, sadly.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Researchers in Italy recently detected traces of Delta-9 THC and CBD—both from the cannabis plant—in bone samples dating back to the 1600s.

I find it funny that cannabis has been used at least since the 1600’s but today our govt. decided those who use it need to be imprisoned…WTF?

We as a people are soo accepting of these kinds of atrocities and I can not help but wonder why.
Speak up, let the world know you don’t approve, if you do not speak up the world assumes you do approve.

5 Likes

Follow the money. Cannabis excels at so much more than just medicine. Food (seeds), fibers (sailors preferred hemp sails for strength), paper ( constitution was written on hemp paper). This list is much longer.

DuPont and his synthetics couldn’t compete. Can’t beat em, kill em.

5 Likes

You make a good point.
To go along with your point…
Some say hemp and alcohol were banned for the same reason…that was because Henry Ford was building cars from hemp and fueling cars with hemp alcohol.
I don’t doubt it…
We see the power of the oil companies today.

Henry Ford’s Hemp Body Car was a remarkable achievement in sustainable transportation. Not only was the car made almost entirely out of hemp, but it was also powered by hemp ethanol fuel . At the time, ethanol was already a common fuel source for cars, but it was usually made from corn or sugar cane.
Pretty sure this image is made with AI.

8 Likes

We traded freedom for commerce, slowly boil the frog.

2 Likes