Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I got teased over the weekend because a buddy of mine was copping some Tropical Cherry clones, and I had dismissed them months prior.

I didn’t even bother arguing.

The people who know, know. I’m just going to keep growing fire and let it speak for itself.

2 Likes

In hemp you don’t pay royalties, but you have to sign a contract when you buy clones. Basically you are forbidden to use the genetics in any way. No breeding, no cuts, you have to buy clones every crop
I believe a huge shock is coming to the legal market. Once all these contracts are enforceable in court, I expect a ton of lawsuits over people not following the contract they signed. Simply because they don’t believe it’s legally enforceable

5 Likes

all they gotta do is get it into federal court somehow and it gets dismissed. i doubt they could get it there but it would be funny to see.

Once the federal landscape changes that will no longer work

1 Like

unless it goes to schedule 3…

Sounds like bs to me. How are rats able to get high off weed that hasn’t been decarbed. The problem is the general public are just as ignorant about cannabis and are misled.

8 Likes

But the children…

Kids are buying pot-like drugs from corner stores. Lawmakers want to stop it.

Efforts to put guardrails around the largely unregulated market for intoxicating hemp products have repeatedly sparked lawsuits.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/13/hemp-regulator-crackdown-00146398?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Sounds like how they are explaining all the missing evidence to me🤣

3 Likes

Public officials in New Orleans have an… interesting… relationship with reality and are the world’s biggest fans of hyperbole.

2 Likes

I suspect the penalties for black-market weed will increase pretty soon here in Michigan.
Next, they will cite home growing as part of the problem too.

“These larger grows are becoming a big issue,” Kish said per Crain’s. “I can tell you the perception was that black market marijuana would go away when the adult-use market came online. That’s not true. The black market in Michigan is a huge problem and it’s a booming illegal marketplace. That’s largely because of our penalties, or lack thereof.”

4 Likes

Some folks said they would not be crackking down on these hemp products, but everyday another state is cracking down on them.
Will sch.3 stop this sorta thing from happening?
I think not.
The way I see it after sch.3 enforcement will ramp up.
All hemp products will soon have new regulations and folks will not be selling Hemp products at a gas station ect. any longer.

3 Likes

They don’t necessarily need to increase penalties for the grows necessarily. They can go after them purely on tax evasion

4 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

I can not believe no one has posted this yet…

6 Likes

Calif. cannabis tax collections are down 20% over two years

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/major-coalition-calls-calif-increase-cannabis-tax-18938996.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

3 Likes