Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

No home growing until the “market matures”.
The Garden State at work for the taxpayers.

:nauseated_face:

7 Likes

This shows that they think home growing affects the legal market negatively.
When it is all said and done, NJ will probably only be allowed 2 flowering plants, if any at all… :astonished:

5 Likes

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it until I turn blue in the face.

It’s no longer a secret that the legal market is a pump and dump scheme. By keeping it federally illegal, only people with wealth or who can team up with people who have wealth, can enter the market. The stricter the policy, the longer they have to dominate the market, but eventually the margins become thin, and they either cash out or move on to the next legal state.

Dispo weed is a novelty. Many folks use it because they can’t grow their own or like the variety, but I don’t know anybody whos had the opportunity to keep smoking homegrown and gone back to the dispo.

I am speaking in broad strokes here, there are exceptions of course, but time and time again it rings true.

9 Likes

To be fair, as much as I dislike still having to hide, they don’t seem to be making any attempt to crack down on anything but illegal sales. Just as homegrowers aren’t worth catering to by legalizing it, we aren’t worth spending money on eliminating. :man_shrugging: Considering how Draconian the rules around being a cultivator are, I’m not sure I’d want to grow legally in NJ if I could. They require licensed growers to have 24/7 video coverage on site and to allow state inspectors to monitor it, so when it’s eventually legalized they’ll probably require registration by restricting it to the medical program at minimum, at which point the federal government can go and consider me a violent felon without the benefit of a trial just like everyone else in state medical programs. Hard pass. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

The corruption in the so-called ‘legalization’ efforts is both astounding and yet unsurprising when you look at the history surrounding prohibition and the repeal of prohibition.

4 Likes

Washington promised that they would get to home growing at a future date when they passed 'legalized recreational cannabis" back in December of 2012.

Hasn’t happened yet. If it isn’t legal to home grow when “legalized recreational cannabis” happens, it never will be. That is the lesson learned from all this.

3 Likes
5 Likes

The chart provides Cannabis Excise Sales Tax Revenues information in all 50 states.

6 Likes

Thailand’s flourishing cannabis culture to end as government seeks ban

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/thailand-cannabis/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

They must have pissed someone off :flushed:

3 Likes

Someone? A city councilmember… various complaining members of the public. Four locations, pink, with “infused bakery” stated clearly on the windows. There’s a (gag, ugh, oof) NY Post article linked in that GMR piece that quotes the owner mouthing off in a way that probably didn’t help his case (or his plan to apply for a license).

Also they were selling those stupid infused knock-off brand name candybars, etc. That’s just asking for trouble, appeals to children, pissing off big corporations, etc.

3 Likes

My boss just told me a person that is in the license group bought weed in a district. Peeled the Ny label off and found CA packaging label underneath. Told the ocm and was told they already knew, but we’re not going to do anything about it!! :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:. Have I said recently how corrupt it is

3 Likes

That is all we ever hear about since psudo-legalization was passed.
Story after story about everyone in the biz being corrupt.

I don’t wanna buy my weed from a scummy drug dealer I much prefer to buy weed from a scummy politician…What a world we live in today.
The things people accept as normal.

I know …I know…there is absolutly nothing we can do about it …that is the theme song your average folks are singin’ these days.

When did we all become sooo complacent? :thinking:

5 Likes
6 Likes

HILARIOUS - Commissioning a bunch of bureaucrats to stream-line a system designed by bureaucrats to benefit from a rent-seeking system relying on street taxes (br1b3$).

3 Likes

THCA in Tennessee: A ‘legalized high’ could soon end

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/thca-tennessee-knoxville/51-42cbed3e-0f27-4154-96f6-991c518def33?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=other

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes