Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

All about tax dollars!!! You pay for higher thc. The state likes to pretend that all the buds from a plant are uniformly potent.

3 Likes

The kits will retail for between $75 to $280 depending on the category of product.

Seems like a money grab to me…

1 Like

America, land of the free…but don’t you dare touch that plant!

3 Likes

pseudo-opportunity and freedom lite. works well if you have enough money.

1 Like

It’s got alot of possitives and negatives. These forums probably wouldn’t be allowed to exist if it wasn’t for the first and fourth amendment, I see that as a big plus.

5 Likes

Not to mention our existence as growers. Those guys with their memory of the British going through their personal effects led to a significant degree of freedom within the privacy of our own homes.

6 Likes
4 Likes

21 Attorneys General Call on Congress to Address ‘Intoxicating Hemp’ Products in Farm Bill

The state law enforcement officials say ‘bad actors’ have exploited a ‘glaring vagueness’ in the 2018 Farm Bill that needs to be addressed in its reauthorization.

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/news/21-attorneys-general-congress-farm-bill-hemp-delta8/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

5 Likes
5 Likes

:+1:

13 Likes
4 Likes

Operation Big Pharma going according to plan with rescheduling recommendations from all the right bureaucrats prior to DEA reclassification announcement.

1 Like

Amazon’s CBD, Hemp and Delta-8 Problem

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/news/new-study-finds-thc-and-mislabeled-hemp-products-and-medical-claims-sold-on-amazon/

I have heard this somewhere before, but some folks insisted this would not be happening. :thinking:

“30% contained CBD and were in violation of both Amazon policy and the federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act),” per the report.
Amazon’s policy prohibits the sale of CBD.

EPIDIOLEX is the only FDA-approved prescription CBD medicine.

CBD will not be sold legally as a dietary supplement or food additive.
Previously, I warned that some of these substances would be considered an analog of THC.

Some folks insisted that would never happen either.
Apparently, it has been considered an analog since 1978.

The U.S. DEA first encountered THC-O-acetate (made from CBD) as an apparent controlled substance analogue of THC in 1978 .

The process to synthesize THC-O consists of converting CBD extracted from the hemp plant into delta-8 THC. Finally, acetic anhydride is added to the delta-8 THC molecules to produce THC-O acetate

THC-O is sch.1 and most likely not be rescheduled with cannabis.

1 Like

I think this will be the new hemp products going forward.
Does any one else see this as the future of hemp?

The hemp variety, dubbed “Badger G,” does not produce THC or CBD.

I feel it won’t be long unlil they define hemp-products with higher THC levels as cannabis products.

3 Likes

I say we seed-bomb this world until there is a plant growing everywhere! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

You mean overgrow the government?

4 Likes

We could do it like this, just replace the tree seeds with weed seeds…LOL

3 Likes

AGs or not, it’s still only 21 people. Their mission statement is also really vague. It’s token “resistance” to cannabis reform. Politicians say things like that to placate people until the issue blows over.

4 Likes

How long until this pollutes genetic lines?
All the gmo crops where marketed as sterile and couldn’t cross to local crops

1 Like

Good point!
How long until we have round up ready cannabis?
They are not just knocking out genes, they are adding genes from strange sources.

Growing Together Research said the changes are intended to make the engineered plants free of THC and CBC and also boost resistance to the herbicide bialaphos. It says genes in the new hemp plants came from multiple donor organisms, including plants, bacteria, a virus and at least one artificial sequence.

4 Likes