Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

8 Likes

How Legal Weed Has Changed the US for Better and Worse

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-09/how-legal-weed-has-changed-the-us-for-better-worse-quicktake

3 Likes
7 Likes

Huuh?

5 Likes

Real suspect there

6 Likes

Why would someone need to be put on a ventilator for smoking weed. Just doesn’t make sense unless it had something horrible added to it or some poisonous substance sprayed on it while growing.

The guy had chest pain while smoking weed, It did not create his heart and vascular co morbidity problems that killed him, he may of been having a heart attack before he even fired up the weed and not realized it.

They never had this many incidents before legalization, probably because people would not admit to using weed as it was illegal.

My wifes ex husband died of a heart attack while eating steak and potatoes.

I doubt that killed him, I was speaking to him on the phone only an hour before it happened, and he said, he had been feeling like crap all day, and would call back after he had eaten, as my wife was still working.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Mainstream politicians are not embracing cannabis. They are embracing the revenue stream they see us all as instead of human beings. When the system stops locking up nonviolent offenders then I will be convinced they are embracing cannabis.

Sorry for the interruption.

9 Likes

A silly piece by a “Cannabis Columnist” on what was presumably a very slow news day. I just sat through the (surprisingly charming) song and it’s one snippet at the very end. The vast majority of the song is about song tropes involving other states and how CT has no songs about it because it’s hard to rhyme.

ETA: Also, I took the tone and lyrics to mean “it’s okay to smoke pot” in CT i.e. legal, not “it’s the cool thing to do, in CT”

5 Likes
5 Likes

Wow right before an election they have a change of heart. I have seen this movie before.

5 Likes

If he has real conviction in his words that is a very positive thing, but with most things that come out of the mouths of politicians and bureaucrats I wont believe it until I see it.

4 Likes

Damn I knew those Thai cultivars were racey but not like that

5 Likes

A quick read of the Garland piece suggests he might re-issue the Cole memo, I wouldn’t expect any kind of seismic change in the administration’s approach.

3 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/17/detroit-black-marijuana-businesses-00040007

3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

A real shame. Largely here I know most people will be using the dispensaries with the expectations of accessing concentrates and other niche products (topicals, edibles, etc.) as a good number of folks grow their own flower or know someone who does; basically a cottage market. These caps ensure that people will continue to go through the black market or out of state markets to access higher potency stuff. A real miss from the green mountain state.

5 Likes

Are these VDH nitwits myopically ignorant, or maybe they’re just actually giving the black market a little boost…? Hmmm?

4 Likes

They still want their cake and eat it at the same time. This just allows them to keep fining and imprisoning people, as well as legalizing and making money from it.

4 Likes