Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

you got me there bud. haha

1 Like

One step forward two steps back…

https://hightimes.com/news/mississippi-supreme-court-upholds-life-sentence-for-weed-possession/

2 Likes

Reading the article fully, it’s a bit of a rabbit-hole… yes, there was a conviction for possession of a minor amount of pot, but it’s not what he’s in prison for. The police were at his house with a search warrant and found a small amount of pot while executing that warrant, and he was convicted for that. Because he was convicted of a crime - any crime - and was also considered a habitual violent offender due to retroactive changes in Mississippi laws, he ended up with a far harsher sentence than would normally be possible for possession. This isn’t really about cannabis, other than an argument that it shouldn’t be illegal at all and thus he wouldn’t have ended up on trial… but if he’d been arrested and brought to trial for jaywalking, it could have ended up the same.

It does still seem unjust, but the injustice is more about a life sentence for crimes that weren’t considered violent when he committed them but due to a change in classification are now considered violent, regardless of whether any actual violence against a person occurred. Several judges dissented on the decision, so there might be some basis for an appeal.

4 Likes

Well said my friend. The “big lie” persists. Hope you’re well and way high!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

Any smoke puts a strain on your heart and lungs. That can trigger heart attacks and stroke. Cannabis causing cancer, No. Cannabis making COVID worse No and neither does cigarettes. In fact people who smoke cigarettes have better outcomes from COVID than nonsmokers.

4 Likes

I didn’t just mean it literally, maybe this is unfair but I think to some degree the hive mind of government is focused on Chittenden and Washington counties.

3 Likes

Totally agree, especially since leaving chittenden county a couple years ago

2 Likes

next to be banned? ACTIVE SPORTS! cause more people probably had a heart attack playing golf or tennis, we certainly can’t let them do anything more exerting and may involve SERIOUS physical exertion…

6 Likes

Exactly anything that changes your BP or heart rate can trigger a heart attack or stroke. It depends on comorbidities whether something triggers the heart attack or stroke.

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Making money by adding to much tax.

2 Likes
5 Likes

‘Contradictory’ state, federal cannabis laws create conundrum for senior living operators

https://www.mcknightsseniorliving.com/home/news/contradictory-state-federal-cannabis-laws-create-conundrum-for-senior-living-operators/

5 Likes