Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

4 Likes

Jeez, journalism has gone downhill.

Dont get me wrong, It’s a.decent article, but referring to “gifting,” multiple times without an explanation of what that entails is poor journalism in my opinion. Then the author refers to the third business as a gift shop. So, are they “gifting,” cannabis, or is it a tourist shop with t-shirts type of deal? That’s a huge part of the story, but the author basically assumes the reader knows what they mean by the term “gifting.”

Ahh, I see, typical web journalism, linking to another article as the explanation so that they can get double hits.

I stand by my statement, “journalism has gone downhill.”

4 Likes

Yep, I’ve noticed this trend developing over the past twenty years or so.
It’s as if there is less actual editing of news articles. More typos (misspellings), and
other errors seem to be far more frequent nowadays.

4 Likes

A big pet peeve of mine is websites changing the title of an article, I assume to get more views when you click the same article twice. Or to see what style of title gets more interest.
A lot of articles read like they are computer generated also, not sure that is really the case or if it’s just me.

3 Likes

Pump them out as fast as you can.

I guess because of the 24 hour news cycle.

@potpotpot yeah, I agree, so many different titles just to get clicks or stir up controversy.

Didn’t these kids learn in school to not plagiarize? Haha

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Now why would they think that…oh yeah, it has happened like that everywhere its been legalized.

4 Likes

And even better, if you think about this. When we were in school, teachers needed to have read / seen the original to notice plagiarism. These days they merely need to put some text that the student wrote in a few search engines and they know.

Even on blogs. Write original content people, or don’t bother! 29 sites with the same “blog / article” gets annoying…

4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

‘This must end’: Texas Ag Commissioner advocates for expanding marijuana use

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/this-must-end-texas-ag-commissioner-advocates-for-marijuana-legalization/

3 Likes
2 Likes

What a coincidence… so they’re going to introduce a bill to legalize it in the Senate right before midterm elections, then make a tremendous fuss when Republicans and red-state Democrats raise the predictable objections that they always do, then campaign on the promise that if there’s enough of a blue wave they’ll be able to actually legalize it because the evil Republicans are being obstructionists again, and then if they end up with the power they want they’ll shelve the bill because it’s still incomplete because they haven’t spent more than 5 minutes thinking about it since the last election and it’ll never pass the House.

4 Likes

Grab the lube!

2 Likes

Yep, I have become quite apathetic regarding the possibility of the true liberation of ganja.
I simply don’t care that much anymore, because regardless, I’m just going to keep on doing what I’ve been doing for many decades now.

The vast majority of our elected officials at all levels are simply self serving, feckless nitwits.

I have zero confidence in their ability to help anyone other than themselves.

12 Likes

Federal legalization will mostly be a boon for large corporations and investors.

4 Likes

I fear you are correct. The gov will free the greed and their cut.

2 Likes

New York’s $2 Billion of Illegal Pot Poses Threat to Legal Market

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-07-18/new-york-s-2-billion-of-illegal-pot-sales-threatens-the-legal-market