Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

That’s what happened in Canada. It pushed everyone out that knew what they were doing and the industry got handed over to the rich.

Personally I think everyone should grow as much as humanly possible and give it all away. Put the rich out of business before pot ends up like tobacco

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This is a very interesting and long read.
IMO, worthwhile.

5 Likes

This is the last one of the year. I’ve had to put off going due to friends coming to town, a heart attack and other misc. things. But son-of-a-gun, told my sweetie don’t plan on me being anywhere but here July 30th. Should be fun with excellent weed, seeds and people. I’ll be bringing a few buds and some seeds to trade and give away. I’m guessing T-shirt, sombrero and a bottle of water weather.
https://swamiselect.com/events/mendocino-producers-guild-live-farmers-markets-2/

4 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/21/schumer-legal-weed-bill-00047058

3 Likes

And there it is “creates funding for law enforcement departments to fight illegal cannabis cultivation.”

They do not want anyone competing against their insiders that will monopolize the cannabis industry, I will bet you dollars to donuts they will increase the penalties for what they call illegal cannabis cultivation.

Here is the Bill https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/CAOA%20Detailed%20Summary%20-.pdf

5 Likes

Professional politicians are simply duplicitous vermin.
They have demonstrated time and again that they are not in the least bit trustworthy.

There is very little chance that this will pass.

Kabuki theater.

8 Likes

screw em we was here first

4 Likes
5 Likes

A truly pathetic farce.

5 Likes

“Perhaps the main similarity for both home brewers and home growers is that both groups love what they do. Whether it is out of necessity, interest or curiosity, there seems to also be a strong enjoyment involved in this hobby. With so many opportunities out there in the world to waste time and fall into a dull routine, perhaps the main number we should all watch is how many people decide to embark on the journeys of home brewing and home growing, and hope we can continue to watch both numbers climb.”

From article below.

7 Likes

Finally got back to this article after starting it but getting distracted. I’m fairly sure Alice Moon was on the Curious About Cannabis podcast awhile back - she came across an idiot (the story about her uncovering that it was cannabis causing her chronic vomiting is really really stupid - actually, strike that… doctors telling her it was cannabis causing her vomiting but her ignoring them for a stupidly long time before realizing that maybe they were right).

Cannabis, not a harmless cure-all? (sarc) Mind blown.(/sarc)

Also, can people stop trying to make scromiting a thing? We get it, you’re screaming while vomiting.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Federal legalization (when and if it happens) could open up other markets to producers in states with supply gluts, but that broader market would be open to every legal producer, which might work out well for, say, CA, but maybe not as well for MI?.

Also, MSOs, I don’t think they can currently transport products across state lines? If I’m correct, and I think I am… it seems a little misleading to categorize what they do as interstate commerce without additional explanation.

3 Likes

Lol, :roll_eyes:. This shit is practically toxic. When the fed un-schedules THC/marijuana, what will change about the market? 99% of marijuana on the market and in gardens is considered hemp by the federal definition. These “laws” that will be passed will have very little effect on the consumer market for THC products.
The only thing they will truly do is make access to marijane more available. Businesses will be legitimized and medical claims can be figured out…
Deschedualing of THC will make weed like tomatoes, or I should say hemp.

I don’t want to come off as a bull in a china shop but alot of these marijuana arguments seem to be based on semantics.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I am a little baffled by a few things you said, though maybe it’s a word choice issue… 99% of cannabis on the market and in gardens is considered hemp? Do you mean on the market and… farms? That would make sense to me, because of the difference in legal status (when it comes to sales and to cultivation).

Descheduling cannabis would open up research beyond the NIDA/U of M facility.

I don’t believe the current bill Schumer introduced would do nearly as much as you’re suggesting… e.g. there isn’t a huge tax on tomato farmers, and half of US states don’t have laws banning the possession or sale of tomatoes. We do have food deserts where you’d be hard pressed to buy a fresh tomato, and even where you can buy them most tomatoes are shitty or expensive.

Anyway, I stand by my argument that federal legalization/decriminalization, at least in the form currently proposed, wouldn’t be a good thing. Sounds like a race to the bottom to me.

3 Likes