Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Still think it’s not correct to put pregnant women in Prison.for partaking in weed and against human rights.

I ain’t getting into a spat with you

The article was written by a US correspondent. *

Moira Donegan is a Guardian US columnist.

Right wing , left wing, central, democratic.republican , liberal.makes no difference to me
It’s about human rights.
.and I ain’t getting into a political spat….and it’s not a thread about that.

Thanks for the responce…

5 Likes

I love this statement. :heart_eyes:

Ex-Judges, cops DEA are all making bank from cannabis these days and this sorta stuff still happens, I can only say to myself…WTF? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes
2 Likes
  • When marijuana gets rescheduled, Boris Jordan said that big tobacco companies will be known as cannabis companies.
  • According to U.S. data, the cannabis beverage market share has increased by more than 20% in the last two years.
2 Likes

Agreed. The whole point of the article, though, was to lay out a very few facts and try to establish that this wasn’t happening because of drugs - but because of law enforcement using technicalities to control and attack pregnant women, coincidentally in a red state. The subtext is that this is what we, the voters, can expect if we vote Republican - standard demonizing the enemy. It’s almost pure political propaganda, which I thought we tried to stay away from on OG. That’s why it was labeled as an “opinion” article. Even the paper wasn’t gonna try to pretend that it had much of anything to do with current events. The whole point of the article was to make you say WTF, and then keep reading and take that anger to the polls. IMO we don’t need any more indoctrination.

5 Likes

I thought that was a little bit harsh. I don’t know why they’re so tough in Alabama. I got in trouble there years ago. A speeding ticket. For no reason at all I wasn’t speeding. Said I was going like 75. The vehicle wouldn’t go over 45.

5 Likes

Vermont’s Cannabis Control Board approved the first two dispensary licenses today (plus one integrated license, which includes operating a dispensary, so really three dispo licenses). There might yet be sales happening in a few locations beginning at the beginning of October.

4 Likes

Hoping you don’t have the three ring circus NJ has put in place.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Still there’s some things working in a grower’s favor here should they get caught. Mandatory minimums for non violent crimes have been dropped which by itself is HUGE and leaves sentencing up to the court rather than a predetermined brutal sentence. The fact that it’s recreationally legal means you can’t rightfully hold growing in the same negative light anymore. If you’re a registered patient with the state then that’s even more working in your favor for a lenient sentence.

A patient growing less than 10 plants in a now legal state with no minimums has the chance to walk with a slap on the wrist depending on the judge and prosecutor not being Reefer Madness minded dolts.

6 Likes
8 Likes

so raise ya hands like ya just dont care////lol :star_struck: :star_struck:and DILLIGAF :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Seems to me that CA has “legalized” cannabis very haphazardly, and all of this mess could
have been avoided. However, I have a nagging suspicion that at least some of this was intentional.

Or, maybe they really are stupid enough not to have seen this coming.

Cannabis is not the problem, CA politicians are the true menace.

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/3648478-harshing-the-mellow-youd-never-know-legal-pots-downsides-reading-the-features-pages/

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

It takes some rank hypocrisy for a former VP of content for one of the national television networks to criticize newspapers for their attention-getting (and therefore revenue generating) content.

4 Likes
5 Likes

From below article;

There is a government failure here, but it’s not, as Fuchs believes, a lack of policing or enforcement. It’s government control and greed, a need by officials to make sure they get their pockets lined before the market is allowed to provide.

5 Likes

https://hightimes.com/news/national-coalition-formed-to-protect-small-scale-cannabis-growers/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=national-coalition-formed-to-protect-small-scale-cannabis-growers

3 Likes