Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Early, chronic, recreational consumption of cannabis, in particular, is generally found to exert deleterious effects on learning abilities, executive function, working memory, verbal memory and general intelligence," said a 2017 paper by three Singapore researchers.

I feel like the problem with studies like this for me would be the boredom of it. Not because I’m high, but if I’m not interested in something, it shows! There’s too many factors to make some general claim like that.

2 Likes
3 Likes

damn. what strain was she making pre-rolls with? If it was THAT dusty, thats gotta be some frosty frosty nugs!!

By the same token, individuals have died inhaling fine particulate matter in a variety of settings, such as flour, ground corn and other daily use items. I don’t believe its always the content of the particulate matter, any fine dust getting into your lungs at excessive amounts will cause issues, even something as commonly used as flour or cinnamon (cinnamon challenge anybody?).

PROVE to me it was the thc / cbd / cannibanoids that did it, and not the fact that tons of dust size particulate matter of plant / kief are covering all your alveoli sacs hindering breathing.

SMH… Someone could slip and fall and die in a grow facility, and the news would somehow find a way to say it was because of the cannabis!

5 Likes

i wouldnt think that chemical compounds in the dust was the cause of death i would sumize that breathing anything into your llungs would cause them to stop working properly if say you breathed any ground up PLANt dust

3 Likes

Key point to that argument… Woman complained she had trouble breathing. Woman didn’t say she was high as fuck, tripping balls, or otherwise intoxicated / inebriated / chemically induced. She complained about having trouble breathing.

Could also be an acute allergic reaction due to repeated exposure, causing asthma like symptoms.

Point is. Woman didn’t complain of anything that would be the effects of cannabis, she complained about breathing. For that matter, my basement and attic are the same, because when I sweep them and get dust in the air, I have trouble breathing (conditional asthma).

Now if they wanna report on the violations issued, and why OSHA protections should be in place and weren’t, thats a different story.

4 Likes

When I first read this article, I thought that it was a parody piece… the name of the writer is Dusty. And as mentioned above, it doesn’t seem to really ring true to me either.

5 Likes
5 Likes

But not my state. I swear we’re going to be dead ass last. Hell the feds will probably legalize before we do. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Dude… work on getting FL to flip recreational so its all good when I finally get there :wink:

The clocks tickin!

3 Likes

Alot of staight up lies being spread around here in Missouri about Amendment 3. Had me 2nd guessing until i actually read the thing!

4 Likes

Apparently the US is not alone in its feckless effort to legalize cannabis.

4 Likes
6 Likes

This is just disgusting to watch and see how the government is abusing and robbing people with zero justification.

5 Likes
3 Likes

The land of the FREE!!! ROFLMAO Oh wait, thats not here anymore…

3 Likes

Here is a follow up.

4 Likes

Hmm. corporate greed, lack of employee education, possibly lack of employee access to PPE, and asthma…

But it was the THC that killed her :wink: and we wonder why I dont like the “news”

6 Likes

That POTUS guy is pardoning 6.5k+ federal (and more DC) simple possession offenses, and he told Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to review classification laws, so, scheduling change?

9 Likes

This is step one in reclassifying and then legalizing. It could all come crumbling down in this election, though.,

2 Likes

I enjoyed the topic.

1 Like