Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes

(this was a draft I wrote a while ago, but the reply link got lost. I’m posting anyway because I think it’s interesting)

The local bees love my cannabis plants. When I do an outdoor breeding project, they are very attracted to the male plants and get lots of pollen from them. Obviously an easy/efficient source of pollen for them, and seems to produce more pollen than most peoples’ ornamental flower gardens. It’s fun to watch them collect a big bundle of pollen, then fly back and forth between the male and female plants.

sometimes when I am growing sinsemilla, I observe bees using their mandibles to eat some of the cannabis resin. I find this behavior very interesting, bees do this in the fall when pollen availability is low and they are seeking another food source.

This is one of the reasons I never spray anything on the plants during flowering.

8 Likes

I found this interesting video on the emerald triangle shot by an independent israeli journalist. Looks to be from around 2009. I’m from the bay area and spent a lot of time up there. it’s interesting hearing an outsider’s perspective.

An interesting snapshot of the prop 215 system, and the growers and caregivers from that community.

Includes a great explanation of the federal raids that medical growers faced at the time, even though it was fully legal at the state level.

video and audio quality aren’t great, but it’s a unique historical document.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is exactly right…

6 Likes

Perhaps they should start addressing the same problems with alcohol as well at the same time. I am sure children have probably suffered worse or even died from alcohol poisoning. I know I got drunk and fell down the stairs when I was 6, after getting into the parents sherry lol.

5 Likes

Was it Bristol cream by any chance …Lol

I remember when I was about 8 years old in Scotland :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 in new year celebrations…

I hit the whisky…been messed up ever since LOL

Bristol cream sherry was the drink for the women…. Did get everyone all dancing though…happy days.

3 Likes

Yes it was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Still around …gets us dancing….the gay Gordon’s I’m sure we’re on the Bristol cream…sos for getting of topic a wee bit.

1 Like

As if these hucksters are going to kill the goose which provides them with their new and shiny golden eggs.

It’s farcical.

3 Likes

The government ruins everything.

3 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/16/minnesotas-weird-weed-experiment-00061886

4 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

i say boo hoo on the greedy bastards that thought they were going to make millions from growing a plant if it were just as legal as say dandylions with no regulation then those that can grow can make a lil coin from those that cant or dont know how to grow…just MHO

8 Likes

Well, this is just tragically silly.
It really made me laugh out loud.

California’s marijuana legalization has gone so poorly that the state is actually expanding the drug war.

from here;

5 Likes

When in doubt double down on the actions that are not working, I guess it’s better for them than admitting they messed up.

2 Likes

Holy moly.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Same here in Michigan, they handed out so many grow licenses the market is oversaturated. Now they said raids are coming because it is caregivers and the black market that are causing the issue. Now they are deciding to cut back on grow licenses. Think they have one for like 15k plants now, and they can stack em. Caregivers were here first and the first legal identity, yet they claim we are the black market cause of their greed.

4 Likes