Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

That’s why cannabis legalization didn’t pass in Arkansas and the Dakotas. The majority of people who voted against it did so because they didn’t like the stipulations. Most support legalization, but weren’t willing to settle for what was on the ballot. The tide is turning, and legalization is going to meet less and less resistance every year.

5 Likes
8 Likes

No, thanks.
I prefer maintaining my self sufficiency.

Even if I continue to be an outlaw.

11 Likes

Right there with you.

5 Likes

The trajectory of every industry has been towards consolidation and centralization. Efficiencies and economics of scale are tough to overcome. That said, I don’t really care what they’re doing as long as it comes with common-sense laws on people producing their own. Moonshiners distill their own without fear - vegetable growers grow their own tomatoes and produce their own artisanal pickles without looking over their shoulder - tobacco smokers are free to grow and roll their own without the oligarchs being too threatened by it and needing to huff and puff and blow their house down. Once I can do the same, I’m fine with whatever they do. I’m investing accordingly, so I hope they succeed, I just hope they do so without needing to criminalize their customer base for choosing to go elsewhere.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, but they’ll sure as HELL do everything they can to stop people from producing any alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis at their homes for their own use. As far as they are concerned, that’s the only regulation needed!

6 Likes

may I suggest
“Missouri loves company”

4 Likes

smoking a blend of jack herer and ac/dc would completely fuck me up… ac/dc muscle relaxant effect is so strong it gave me joint dislocations when I grew it. Jack herer is as jittery as ADD medication.

I have actually smoked both of these strains blended together, and found the experience quite unpleasant.

That’s what me and a few old school growers out in the country here would call “big city psycho bud”

if this company wants to bring back old school low potency cannabis,
why the hell didn’t they start with old school low potency cannabis?

Why didn’t they grow some lebanese or some old mexican?

that’s ridiculous to work towards that goal starting with modern high potency bottlenecked genetics like the ac/dc. that’s a terrible strain in my opinion. that epitomizes everything wrong with heavily worked cbd genetics.

strains like harlequin and ac/dc are heavily worked recessive expressions drawn out of modern high thc genetics with selective breeding. Breeding for these recessive traits brings back other traits that have been deliberately bred out, and results in strains that test high in cbd, but have very poor medicinal qualities with lots of side effects.

It also ignores the true healing potential of medical cannabis, which is the entourage effect of many terpenes and trace cannabinoids working harmoniously.

Focusing on only one compound is a pharmaceutical industry mindset, and it will never be effective for natural medicine.

They are both bred for a single cannabinoid, high thc in the jack herer, and high cbd in the ac/dc. Jack herer and ac/dc are both bred for limonene terpenes. There will be no complex aroma or beneficial medicinal effects from the terpenes, aside from limonene.

This is why I use heirlooms and landraces for my cbd meds, which are naturally rich in trace cannabinoids like cbd.

4 Likes

I could barely afford that shit. In the old california prop 215 medical system my license cost $50 per year and plant count was based on local zoning and the square footage of your garden. I could grow around 20 plants.

6 Likes

Strictly recreational here, so plant count is what nearly every states does on that. Maryland’s recent law allows for only 2 plants. Virginia is just 4. It varies so much, but Michigan seems the most liberal of all, 12 plants, who cares what state they are in. 12-24 plants? misdemeanor with a small fine.More than that? Misdemeanor with potential jail, but mostly if it’s commercial. I’m leaning Michigan for recreational freedom.

5 Likes

im not to worried about LEO kickin my door in for a few plants

3 Likes

misspouri a cation

May i suggest
“Missouri loves company”

“Idaho, but alaska.”

3 Likes

Exactly. What the law says is one thing, what it implies another. No police department is going to dedicate massive amounts of resources over a non-criminal offense. Government entities are wasteful, but not quite that bad. With loosening of cannabis laws also comes de-prioritization, meaning the cops will have to go after actual criminals instead of harassing pot-heads. Another factor is generations. As Boomers retire, Gen-X’ers are beginning to fill leadership positions in many police departments, as well as Milllenials doing the actual policing. While not as quantifiable as changes in the law, generation is also a factor.

3 Likes

yeppers 40 years ago i knew a couple of cops on my small town force that smoked and actually told me who had weed for sale plus the chiefs wife was a total stoner he was a douchbag but his wife was cool i guess opposite do attract

4 Likes

How will Kansas enforce marijuana ban as recreational sales begin in bordering Missouri?

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article268893167.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article268893167.html

5 Likes

I mean, the ONLY logical answer is to legalize themselves.

3 Likes
6 Likes

“This industry, at some point in time, is going to be a dividend-paying industry.”
We all know what happens to businesses that value the stock holders more than the business they are marketing.

If this happens we all may be screwed.

Legalization could have been so much more…
Like being for the people of the people and by the people.

Now it will be Legalization for the stockholders and the money.
I tried really hard to tell folks this is the legalization they are voting for and that they should hold out for a better form of legalization.

But Nope, they had to take the first deal given to them.

I am sorry to say we will soon see what a big mistake that was.

This makes me very sad…Why?
Legalization could have been so much more…

4 Likes

Now with much of the work done and most of the country in support of legalization, those corporations are suddenly elbowing their way in to design a market structure in their favor. They didn’t create this young industry, and we don’t need to let them take over and ruin it like many of them ruined their own industries.

I feel they, the govt. will mess this up, just like in the past.

2 Likes