Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Cheap Weed Has Become a Big Problem in the Pot Industry

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-12-19/cheap-marijuana-is-a-big-problem-for-cannabis-companies

3 Likes

Cheap weed is one of the best things about home growing! Not only is it way better quality and safer inputs than the dispensary (no sprays, no molds, produced with loving care), it’s super inexpensive (less than $0.50 per gram). It’s so cheap that I never ever worry about giving it away, QPs at a time, for free to friends.

Monetizing medicine is madness.

:sun_with_face: :peace_symbol:
:rainbow:

13 Likes
5 Likes

This is not even the least bit surprising.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3782514-marijuana-advocates-stunned-after-mcconnell-opposition-dooms-banking-bill/

7 Likes
3 Likes

He is a complete arse, he is always only looking at how things will affect him and his finances, obviously he didn’t get a big enough back hander to vote yes or got a bigger one from some other entity like big pharma to vote no.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, McConnel passes every bill he is paid to pass. If their is something Schumer really wants McConnel always has a price.

6 Likes

You just described every Millionaire politician making $180k annually…

5 Likes

Yeah, as someone intimately familiar with Kentucky, McConnell will oppose this to his dying day.

6 Likes

HMMMMMmmmm gets me to thinking one spare bedroom…a few mother plants

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s a real shame McConnell hasn’t tripped on an escalator and had that flappy face of his get stuck and torn off yet.

7 Likes

Every time I see his ugly sour looking face on TV I start wishing he would just fuck off and die already. He is the perfect example of why limits in office term time should be imposed on all congress just like with presidents.

10 Likes

Ahh, the odoriferous stench of corruption…

5 Likes

Lol… 10% interest on grants from the state fund, excellent. Someone at KKR or some other private investment firm is making bank on all this “social equity” noise, for sure.

9 Likes

Their 10% interest also won’t be targeted by the feds because technically it s a loan, not actually dirty weed money.

2 Likes

Marijuana’s black market is undercutting legal businesses

6 Likes

That’s what happened here about 3 years ago.

4 Likes

So long as big corps make garbage weed and the government continues to over tax the industry there will ALWAYS be a black market for weed. Period.

9 Likes