Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Yes unfortunately it looks like the Carolinas are going to hold on to keeping it illegal as long as possible. It sucks, I actually enjoy NC a lot, but I always consider moving to the nearest legal state because of that fact

2 Likes

i lived in NC on and off for years my youngest son was born in Wilmington when we lived on carolina beach

1 Like

I really enjoy Wilmington. I go to the aquarium on Kure beach every time Iā€™m around there. I live in central NC, but I can definitely tell it is part of the infamous ā€˜Bible Beltā€™.

2 Likes

nice my ex is from winston salem i liked carolina beach but really liked pender county out in the country so to speak used to love driving the Oleander speed way at 5pmā€¦lol

2 Likes

Ya know it seems the hold up with deschedualisation is that Mitch McConnell guyā€¦

Observe; Mitch McConnell is a senator from Kentucky, a state that reportedly exports more black market marijuana than any other, it is the mecca for black market cannabis. And Mitch, continually opposes legalization and any movement to legalize. Does that not stink of corruption or whatā€¦talk about the kettle calling the pot black.

Iā€™m sure that millions of fed dollars are being spent investigating Mitch and his bluegrass Mafia selling underground weed. This guy is straight bad news!!!

So, fuck Mitch McConnell, the USA needs to move on, and get this shit deschedualed already!!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

yeah kinda stoooopid legalize it and tax it he couild become a commercila grower FFS ooops couldnt do that would have to declare the additional income on his taxes

1 Like

EXACTLY!!! The guy is too short sighted to see he is sitting on a gold mineā€¦keeps pushing to keep it illegal, so his ā€œbusinessā€ maintains profitsā€¦cuz eeeeverybody knows that once it is legal the prices will hit the floorā€¦:roll_eyes::unamused:.

Thatā€™s bullshit tooā€¦the price for quality hash will never go down.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes
3 Likes

and so it continues $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a few no matter what part of the world you are in

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that the Sour D terp profile? haha

1 Like

I live in Georgia, and itā€™s the same here.

2 Likes

Yeah I lived in central GA up until I was 15. I can definitely see it being a similar situation

1 Like

They donā€™t understand the vast majority of people will buy their weed in the store if they can. After alcohol prohibition ended, there were still quite a few moonshiners, but their numbers dwindled every year, and now theyā€™re nearly impossible to find. Homegrowers are no threat to anyoneā€™s revenue. Rather, they wouldnā€™t be if the government would un-fuck itself already. The whole cannabis market could be called ā€œAnarcho-tyranny.ā€ Itā€™s tyrannical, but only toward those who obey the law. The penalty (or lack thereof) in many jurisdictions makes it much, much easier to disregard the law. Itā€™s ridiculous that people here pay up to $50 a gram for extract, while in places like California people are practically giving it away.

A lot of people here still believe in the Reefer Madness nonsense or see it as synonymous with the rioting that took place in a few major cities. I understand why they want no part of it, and am thankful none of that chaos found its way here. If cops can refuse to enforce gun laws, why canā€™t they do the same with cannabis? The drug war is perpetrated by many of the same people who want to ban guns.

1 Like

Well I would hazard a guess drug dealers donā€™t give out enough money to the police so they can ignore them, like the NRA does :wink:

1 Like

Most, if not all, of the places where medical and/or recreational was passed in the US was done by voter initiative petition. States where there is no opportunity for voters to petition, like Georgia and Texas, will hold out for a long time.

2 Likes

Anyone else think this may not be the most truthful statement?
the CDC says that secondhand marijuana smoke contains the same cancer-causing toxins as secondhand tobacco smoke.

1 Like

I personally agree with his assessment below.

He accused the Government of seeking to use the medicinal marijuana industry as a ā€œcash cow for a small percentage of the population while the masses are left to pay fines or face law courts for possession and/or cultivation of any amount of cannabisā€.

2 Likes

Not officially, anyway. They know that gun bans donā€™t change anything, and only results in more difficulty for them. Cannabis would be the same way, but many havenā€™t figured that out yet.
There is a huge difference between command authority and actual leadership.

3 Likes

Synthetic Pot Sales Reach $2 Billion Despite Safety Fears

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-01-23/thc-o-vs-delta-8-synthetic-pot-brings-new-competition-to-cannabis

3 Likes