Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I left WA around 2018.
Back then they still allowed home grow and had a decent MMJ program.
Did they stop the MMJ homegrow too?

Im noticing most states are minimal to no hime grow but are allowing 15 or less for MMJ.
And it costs usually 200$ to get the med card. .so its turning into a tax stamp. Again.

4 Likes

True. But it has only been a month or two.

1 Like

12 in flower? I mean MO says I can have 18. But thatā€™s 6 clones, 6 in veg, and 6 in flower.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty generous compared to the 4 total in any stage allowed for recreational users here in Canaduh.

Iā€™ve been ignoring them for 50 years now so should be OK for what I have left. :slight_smile:

:peace:

5 Likes

Itā€™s interesting you say thisā€¦tax stamp on consumablesā€¦to me that seems unconstitutional. There is a difference between a large farm with tax stamps and someone having to pay $200 a year to grow their homegrown. Unconstitutionalā€¦or a violation of rights.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Medical users can, recreational cannot.

2 Likes

You need to read that again Joker. Itā€™s changed somewhat with no notification to growers. No email, callā€¦
It no longer specifies any rule about clones. Just height of plants and if they are in flower or not.
You canā€™t have six clones and six from seed in flower all at the same time now.

Rules

Consumer Personal Cultivation.

1. Individuals at least twenty-one years of age may obtain a consumer personal cultivation card from the department to cultivate up to six (6) flowering marijuana plants, six (6) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall or more, and six (6) non flowering plants under 14 inches tall in a single enclosed locked facility. All consumer personal cultivation must take place at a private residence.

2. Two individuals who both hold valid consumer cultivation cards may cultivate their plants at one private residence provided they have both informed the department of this in their approved consumer personal cultivation application.

3. No more than twelve (12) flowering marijuana plants, twelve (12) nonflowering plants 14 inches tall or more, and twelve (12) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall may be cultivated by consumers at a single private residence, regardless of the number of consumers who live at that private residence.

4. Plants and marijuana produced by the plants in excess of three (3) ounces must be kept at a private residence in an enclosed locked facility.

5. All cultivated flowering marijuana plants in the possession of a consumer shall be clearly labeled with the consumerā€™s name.

6. A consumer personal cultivation identification card shall be valid for 12 months from its date of issuance and shall be renewable with the submittal of a renewal application.

5 Likes

I believe those are the new rules for rec users. Med patient cultivation rules didnā€™t change much with the passing of rec use in Missouri, notably our licenses will now be good for three years instead of one (like rec growers).

I think the verbiage about plant height was always there, but was loosely interpreted as 6 clones/seedlings, 6 in veg, 6 in flower.

Gotta remember that is per patient. You can cultivate for yourself and register to provide for two other patients, giving a total of 54 plants: 6x3 in each stage.

4 Likes

Qualifying Patient Cultivation

1. Licensed patients may obtain a patient cultivation card from the department to cultivate up to six (6) flowering marijuana plants, six (6) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall or more, and six (6) non flowering plants under 14 inches tall in a single enclosed locked facility.

2. No more than twelve (12) flowering marijuana plants, twelve (12) nonflowering plants 14 inches tall or more, and twelve (12) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall may be cultivated in a single enclosed, locked facility.

3. Under no circumstance will a qualifying patient be entitled to cultivate, or have cultivated on his or her behalf, more than six (6) flowering marijuana plants.

4. Only one individual in a patient-caregiver relationship may be authorized for cultivation on behalf of the qualifying patient.

5. All cultivated flowering marijuana plants in the possession of a qualifying patient shall be clearly labeled with the qualifying patientā€™s name.

6. A patient cultivation identification card shall be valid as long as the qualifying patientā€™s identification card is still valid, up to three years from its date of issuance.

7. The cultivation application fee will be the same for all cultivation applications no matter how much time remains on the validity of the patientā€™s identification card.

8. The cultivation identification card shall be renewable by submitting a renewal patient cultivation application, as long as the individual has an approved renewal patient application.

Shared Cultivation Spaces

Per Article XIV, only two qualifying patients, who both hold valid qualifying patient cultivation identification cards, may cultivate marijuana plants in one cultivation space, for a total of 12 flowering plants.

You are right about the caregiver.

Primary Caregiver Cultivation

1. A primary caregiver may cultivate on behalf of more than one (1) qualifying patient and may utilize one or more enclosed locked facilities.

2. No primary caregiver cultivating marijuana for more than one qualifying patient may exceed a total of twenty-four (24) flowering plants, twenty-four (24) nonflowering plants 14 inches tall or more, and twenty-four (24) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall.

4 Likes

Yes, 12 in flower.

3 Likes

Dang! Thatā€™s a big change. I would have been illegal at some points last year. Youā€™d think that since the state keeps a list of all cultivation licenses, that theyā€™d send an email letting people knowā€¦

Good thing I downsized at the beginning of the year. Iā€™m back to growing everything in Octopots which take up more room (the Octo itself, plus the plants get HUGE!), so Iā€™ll never approach 12 in flower. For veg numbers, I suppose I donā€™t need to keep so many moms around. I have an archival mindset and hate to let them go because of an arbitrary ruleā€¦ At least my local crew all have copies, plus it gives me an excuse to grow more from seed.

3 Likes

I agree @BarefootAndBlazed . How hard would it be to send out an email and let us know. And of course ā€œIgnorance of the law is no excuseā€.
Itā€™s like theyā€™re setting people up for a pop in check and then, ā€œYouā€™re doneā€.

5 Likes

There are 5 or 6 states about to legalize. As of today, about 1/2 of the entire country lives in legal (recreational) jurisdictions. As far as limits go, itā€™s only a matter of time until they either change or until nobody gives a damn anymore. Legalization has been an incremental process. First came medical, and it wasnā€™t until 16 years later that any state went recreational. Now, ten years later, cannabis legalization is past critical mass; everything anyone does will only result in outright legalization. Whatā€™s happening now is desensitization. Cannabis is legal and very common, and guess whatā€¦the world didnā€™t end. In fact, arresting people for cannabis is testing the loyalty of many of the ā€œBack The Blueā€ people. One agency has broken from its long-standing support of prohibition and suggested decriminalization of all drugs. Even some state and local jurisdictions have gone that far, and adopted a harm reduction strategy.
Times are changing, and as Iā€™ve heard it put: ā€œSail on the changing tide or be drowned by it.ā€

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the way I see it. Within two years, we will be able to have outside marijuana festivals across the country and nobody will think twice about it.

7 Likes

And beerā€¦beer and cannabis festivalsā€¦October Fest just got interestingā€¦:wink::grin::fire:!!

3 Likes

Infused beer fest!
It would just be beer for me but what a party to witness!

5 Likes

Yup, even here in Georgia itā€™ll be like that. It already is in some places. I guarantee you a lot of jurisdictionsā€™ policy is to completely ignore it whenever possible.

4 Likes

Good times!!! I can only imagineā€¦:grin:

2 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Wouldnā€™t it be grand! lol

2 Likes

Podcast: Tiger Fiber is Putting St. Louis on the Hemp Map

https://www.lancasterfarming.com/farming-news/hemp/podcast-tiger-fiber-is-putting-st-louis-on-the-hemp-map/article_0f456fec-fbbe-58cd-b0a7-5d565c1527a1.html

3 Likes