Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

and once again “big bro” upa ya arse

3 Likes

It took me a while to get used to local radio ads here in my town. There are ads in the newspaper, all of the tourist rags, and lots on our local radio station. Sort of funny and odd to me.

4 Likes

I can’t see the Canadian government lowering the taxes, if anything they would like to increase them as they just did with booze adding another 6% to it, because they are hopless at being responsible spenders of public money.

Health Canada is run by the big pharma so we know what they will recommend, cut out home grow and recreational weed.

5 Likes

Ironic that legalization is already causing almost as much difficulty as prohibition.

5 Likes

Any argument in favor of continued prohibition is going to be vacuous and require manipulation of data. All while ignoring the twin elephants of cost and efficacy in the room. I’ve heard estimates as high as a trillion dollars have been squandered, and here we are. It didn’t work. I won’t even get started on how it eroded what few liberties we had left.
As I’ve said before: anyone who still supports prohibition is either benefiting from it, is reprehensibly ignorant, or both.

3 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/california-rare-thcv-diet-weed-17787099.php

6 Likes

Only one profiting from legal weed is the tax man. Everyone else trying to profit legally from weed can’t compete with the black market. Weed is not as good, overpriced due to taxing and is scary to call medicine everytime I read an article about the stuff “legal” growers are doing to scam the consumer. Politicians need to quit looking for the cash cow and return weed to the same status it had prior to 1938. This would be the restorative justice the politicians claim to be seeking (imho)

Is it political to say Chuck Shumer is full of it and can suck on the left one for all his desire to be seen as the The Messiah of Marijuana. If this statement is considered political I hereby retract it out of respect for this forum.

4 Likes

Don’t retract anything. There is NO ONE on Capitol Hill (or Washington DC) on our side. Home growers don’t have the political clout (money) to make anyone in DC give a damn.
Take some solace in the fact that we’ve out-smarted them for 50 years and we’ll do it for another 50, or longer.

6 Likes

Of all the stupid reasons to oppose legalization, this HAS to be the STUPIDEST!

4 Likes

St. Louis actually enacted some of the most common sense laws even before they went legal. They first decriminalized personal use and cultivation of up to 6 plants. Pay attention not only to what the text says, but what it implies. What that means is was basically legal, as long as it wasn’t in plain sight. Strange that common sense prevailed there. St. Louis routinely ranks as one of the most violent cities in this country. It’s nice to see at least one jurisdiction has some sense of priority.

3 Likes

All anyone can do anymore is stall it temporarily. In 5 years it’ll be legal. Not only will it be legal, but support for prohibition will be like blackface or racist/sexist/classist/transphobic comments online. A few people will be made into pariahs over it. Or maybe not that extreme, but I can dream, can’t I?

2 Likes

I want to know why the vice president, Kamala Harris, has been so quite about removing THC from the scheduled drugs list. Half of her campaign was based around the fact the she wanted to legalize cannabis…I mean she is the vice president of the USA she should be more politically active in supporting her own agenda…why are there not weekly news briefs from her on cannabis and the banking act?

HELLO!! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Check kamela record as a California prosecutor. Another chameleon

4 Likes

I need that strain lol.

I think THCV may cause our mitochondria to uncouple, which creates brown fat and burns calories.

8 Likes

Varins G is what you want then growmigo.

2 Likes