Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Delta-8 and CBD will soon be regulated as a controled substance.
GWpharm and others have too much money on the table to let others steal away profits.

Epidiolex, a treatment for seizures made from CBD, generated $740 million in sales last year.

1 Like

I would bet this happens in every state, only a few get caught.
http://georgebrikho.com/we-were-right-michigan-marijuana-bribery-probe-justifies-caregivers-concerns-of-lobbyist-collusion/
We have been in the trenches fighting to connect these dots and expose the bad actors for many years. We have been shining sunlight on these bastards who thought they could strut into the marijuana industry and take over. These lowlifes promoted prohibition for decades, throwing cannabis users and growers into cages, and then came running when they realized they could make a buck. These sons of bitches thought they could make a fool of those of us in the industry who faced risk and cost to grow cannabis into a powerhouse. They thought wrong.
For the rest of the crooks, it is business as usual.

From 2015
http://georgebrikho.com/breaking-stop-the-big-money-takeover-of-the-medical-marijuana-industry/

ā€œIf a store buys $1 million dollars worth of medicine, parasites like Boji would automatically pocket $100,000 from that transaction because of these unnecessary provisions being added into the bill,ā€ Brikho said. ā€œIn the free market, a wide variety of companies would perform that service at a fraction of the cost. Because of vultures like Boji, the patients and caregivers would bear this burden just so he can benefit.

4 Likes

I think you would win that bet. Itā€™s what the Corpo-BoozeBiz did after teh 21st Amendment was ratified and Corpo-Cannabiz has used that as a model since medical cannabis became a thing. Itā€™s just the way they do business. A bribe that cannot eb written off on taxes is just another cost of doing bizness.

3 Likes

I know that the CBD sure works for pain I donā€™t know about antibiotics but Iā€™ve heard that it works good on some wounds to help heal

3 Likes

We lost the father of THC, rest his soulā€¦:pray:

5 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/california-legal-cannabis-farms-in-freefall-17882804.php

3 Likes

Can this be the starving out of the competition?
When the dust setteles only the growers with the most cash backing will survive.
Starve them out and take over the state when they are gone.

Lobbying has become legalized corruption. Government is pretty slick at making rules and regulations that on the surface seem to keep everything above board. But deep within many of those regs are ā€œescape clausesā€ not many know of. When and if they get called out they can point to them and say they did nothing illegal. Corruption is like rust on a barrel. If not cut out and replaced, it will eat away at the barrel until it falls apart. Our country has grown powerful and very rich relatively quickly, before we had the wisdom to use these things for the good of all rather than the few who now own this country.

3 Likes
3 Likes

SEATTLE - Cannabis regulators have halted operations at several outdoor pot farms and processing facilities on a stretch of former fruit orchards in north-central Washington state after testing found high levels of chemicals related to a dangerous pesticide used decades ago.
ā€¦
Marijuana growers in the area are now dealing with the legacy of soil contamination at the orchards. The results of tests at seven licensees showed high levels of DDE, a chemical that remains when DDT breaks down, the board said. Regulators decided to issue ā€œadministrative holdsā€ on 16 producer licenses and two processing licenses in the area, forcing them to cease operations until further notice.

5 Likes

Shoulda used poopā€¦

4 Likes

Funny how they didnā€™t care when they were spraying it all over the apples, I wonder how many people got cancer or polio symptoms from all the DDT they used back then, at least now they are protecting people from it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised none of the commercial ops farms in the entire region they are shutting down had soil tests that indicated the DDE contaminate. Seems logical that if Im going to make the investments to farm on the land, Iā€™m going to test what Iā€™m working with.

6 Likes

:thinking:

May 27, 2021 ā€” TORRANCE, Calif.ā€” Following the recent discovery that up to 500,000 barrels of the banned pesticide DDT were dumped into the Pacific Ocean

If you are growing cannabis on an old orchard you should get your soil checked for DDE.
If I am not mistaken most if not all were using it at one time or another.
Cannabis is known to pull shit like DDT ect. from the ground.

5 Likes

I can not help but wonderā€¦ :thinking:
How many people are smoking DDT weed right now?
I bet it is more than you think.

Another good reason to grow your own. :grinning:

8 Likes
2 Likes

The good news is there are fewer insects in the ocean.

4 Likes

ā€œMedical advice.ā€ Smoke 2 of these and call me in the morning.

4 Likes

This Doc sounds legit. I may need to see him.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a dr but I have a lab coat if thatā€™s acceptable.

2 Likes