Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Good enough for me!

2 Likes

ā€œTake 2 of these, and 2 of these, and a whole bunch of these.ā€

3 Likes

It isnā€™t just DDT a person should be concerned about with land formerly used for apple orchards, thereā€™s a potential for heavy metals tooā€¦ they used lead and arsenic based pesticides until the 1940s.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

They see Missourians willingly taking it up the butt with these prices here and the corporate weed wants that kind of profit margins for all States. I expect all States to eventually copy the Corporate Cannabis Model of Missouri.

2 Likes

ā€œItā€™s a clear conflict,ā€ he said. ā€œEven if it looks like a conflict of interest, itā€™s in the interest of the public for a person to recuse, to step down. The fact that they donā€™t see that ā€¦ it says that in order to participate in the political process you have to open yourself up to corruption.ā€

jerseything

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: vote for me Iā€™m not corrupt! I promise.

2 Likes

Lobsters and crabs are sea bugs.

3 Likes

Interesting we eat bugs from the sea as a delicacy but bugs on land eww yucky.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s this ā€œweā€ stuff? Iā€™ve lived within 3 miles of the ocean for most of my life and I donā€™t eat no sea bugs!

5 Likes

Yeah but you get those mutant Jersey sea bugs with leather jackets and a bad attitude.

2 Likes

and when you get up do a wake n bake :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I know NJ has a history when it comes to political corruptionā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure hiring the lobbying firm owned by a state and local party chair on its own reeks of ongoing corruption in the way the article implies, and I donā€™t think a lobbyist/spokesperson has to recuse themselves because their boss is politically powerful. It wouldnā€™t exactly be an effective lobbying firm if that were the case. Only people actually making decisions about who gets city approval and who doesnā€™t need to recuse themselves (if they have a conflict of interest).

3 Likes

yeah and DC im thinkin took over top honors in that dept not to be political or anything

1 Like

Itā€™s not evidence of corruption, no. Just the fact that politicians own lobbying firms, in itself, is close to a conflict of interest though. It doesnā€™t take too much for it to drift over the line into corruption, since being politically connected opens doors for the lobbying firm in and of itself without anyone having to actually exert any undue pressure. The simple fact that they can gain favor with another politician by working with one company over anotherā€¦ :man_shrugging: Corruption isnā€™t always in black and white.

Frankly, I think our politicians should be forced to take vows of poverty before accepting political office. Then again, Iā€™ve been to the Vatican. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

shit yeah if i could have figured out how to get elected to congress 30 years ago id be on that gravy trainā€¦you want me to vote yes for what that will cost a cool million here is my offshore acoountā€¦and anyone that says they would also do it is a damn liar IMHO

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m pretty much taking it as a given that former elected officials may end up doing lobbying work (or end up on boards of corporations that have business before the government, etc). Hopefully state and local governments have safeguards in place to make sure their influence is above board, and hopefully the state apparatus that grants licenses has issued guidance to municipalities and is watching closely what happens.

As it stands I see no reason to presume corruption is occurring, other than that itā€™s NJ.

3 Likes

"Oklahomaā€™s illegal marijuana grow operations pose a serious threat to public safety"

1 Like