Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

At the risk of being political, it won’t happen, they can’t afford it.

2 Likes

No need to be political. We can just be rude. :wink:

1 Like

All that land from the Hudson’s bay company, that’s mine. All those hydroelectric dams, those are mine too.

2 Likes

Facts over feelings, 100%. The so-called “third party doctrine” makes a mockery of the fourth amendment, leaving a constitutional void that is both illogical and inconsistent with a free society.

3 Likes

This hurts my feelings.

The thing that galls me is that a feeling is not a position. If you have a position I will discuss it with you. You can’t argue with a feeling so it must be right.

1 Like

No argument about it making a mockery of the 4th. I was horrified the first time I learned about third party doctrine.

3 Likes

The point is there is no implicit privacy contract. Ergo in a “court of law” they are not liable. How they came by your information OTOH is to be questioned, but this is not an inquiry for a court of law…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like
2 Likes

I hope this is a beginning. Doubtful but one can hope.

2 Likes

At this point I’ll take slow incremental steps… it’s better than what we’ve gotten so far.

^^ I’ve always wanted to read more about what happened when (alcohol) Prohibition was repealed… I think there are likely a number of factors that make cannabis prohibition and alcohol prohibition different.

1 Like

Seems like an excellent way to start a political argument and get the thread closed again… 15 minutes and you’ve already had one bite.

3 Likes

I generally tend to shy away from History Channel things (“History!!!” Channel, also Aliens), but this post is kinda interesting, maybe I’ll check out the Okrent book.

And here’s five interesting facts about the end of Prohibition from the National Constitution Center:

1 Like

Returning control of cannabis to the states is great, just need to remove federal roadblocks like banking and removal of schedule 1 status. Earlier post deemed inappropriate, hope this does not offend

2 Likes

Did you really talk about a deal on a landline back in the day I know I didn’t it was all pagers and code

1 Like

We did yeah but it was all high school code bullshit.

The pager was a game changer.

2 Likes

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3956686-cory-booker-calls-marijuana-dangerous-drug?utm_source=flipboard&utm_medium=referral

1 Like
2 Likes

Translation: now that it’s got a real shot, we here in NJ don’t want federal legalization because it’ll screw up our pay-to-play market with the highest prices in the nation!

4 Likes

Good point…
Simply remove an unjust law that was based on lies.
It really is that simple… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Hey man, cool if I swing by and grab a bag of onions?

4 Likes