Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

“Too Much of a Good Thing” is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Alan Jackson. It was released in June 2004 as the lead-off single from his album What I Do. It peaked at number 5 on the United States Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, and number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100

2 Likes

https://overgrow.com/clicks/track?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Fsections%2Fhealth-shots%2F2017%2F12%2F14%2F570767261%2Fteens-pretty-sober-except-for-the-marijuana-and-vaping&topic_id=2745

1 Like

it’s very vague on details but it seems fairly targeted to the one company, maybe a competitor has better relations with local officials. i guess you have to make sure your employees know to follow the rules.

Well, yeah, the source I linked is notorious for doing a crummy job… but most Denver News Outlets are in the same class.

It is pretty well known within the industry that there are limits for tourists and residents alike. Anyone who violates them in the highly regulated dispensary market is a damn fool… it’s day one stuff. If I was the owner(s) of the chain in trouble I would be PISSED. Suspended licenses for all the CO locations? These 12 idiots cost some body a couple brinks trucks worth of cash…

3 Likes

yes i wish they had more details about how much over they were selling, like were they selling pounds or just 30 grams? idk i guess details will come out later. maybe the owners were involved or aware of it even. but the fact it’s only 1 store which was raided leads me to believe someone ratted them out and an investigation started. i guess it’s possible undercovers were making test buys and only that one company failed, but failed at multiple (all?) locations ? idk lots is unknown i guess

1 Like

Salutations LegalCanada,

Google didn’t show too many results on this so i wanted to find alternate sources and only found NewsWeek then this:

Forbes: WHO Report Finds No Public Health Risks Or Abuse Potential For CBD (2017-Dec-11)

« According to a preliminary WHO report published last month, naturally occurring CBD is safe and well tolerated in humans (and animals), and is not associated with any negative public health effects [ http://www.who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/5.2_CBD.pdf ]. »

Some excerpts:

« …does not induce physical dependence and is "not associated with abuse potential. »

« …people aren’t getting high off of CBD…

« To date, there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD or any public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD »

« …evidence suggests that CBD mitigates the effects of THC… »

« …the WHO is currently considering changing CBD’s place in its own drug scheduling code. »

« The report was presented by the WHO’s Expert Committee on Drug Dependence… »

In other words this could suggest that THC induces physical dependence on top of having potential for abuse in getting “high” while THC also mitigates CBD (if it’s reciprocal), hence the need to keep it on the schedule i guess… M’well, there’s room for a lot of improvement until 2019!

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

5 Likes

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/BigStory12/idUSKBN1E90P6

Every day, some people will awaken to the truths of this world, and every day, those who can’t profit by it, will try to hide the truth.

You would have to be psychotic to not consume cannabis!

99%

4 Likes

Hahahaha.
Seems to me that Jeffy Sessions would benefit greatly by embarking upon a therapeutic cannabis regimen.

2 Likes

The big question is why we want to allow our antiquated regime (government) the total authority to decide what anybody puts in their bodies, whether it is recreation or medical. Should anybody have that much control over anybody else. Giving them that power lets them assume they should come in your house and check if everything in there is permitted. It allows them to shut down businesses that don’t sell the EXACT amounts allowed. Those employees have families they need to feed. They need those jobs the regime closed down. Over a native plant that has therapeutic properties and is nontoxic. Why do they care if someone buys one ounce or two? Who is going to be injured or harmed from the purchase. How is it going to negatively affect society.

5 Likes

Big Pharma and the Black Market are the only ones who are hurt by cannabis legalization.

Maybe nylon rope manufacturers too.

4 Likes

i’m hoping they’ll get a big boost when all the major cannabis stocks report their (lack of) earnings after legalization in canada. valuations in the billion without ever turning a profit. ridiculous.

7 Likes

https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2017/dec/05/pennsylvania_false_drug_imprisonment

How Bigoted Pennsylvania Drug Warriors Turned This New York Man’s Life into a Living Hell

3 Likes

that is disgusting. and the sickening part is there are countless more stories like this that never get heard because the police do a better job of entrapping or framing the individual. what a waste of taxpayer dollars. not just on this ridiculous settlement that never should happen, but even paying these 2 idiots wages and pensions. no admission of wrongdoing? they should be fired and their pensions go to the poor man who they put thru hell.

4 Likes

This why all drugs should be made legal.
The war on drugs is a huge failure, it is perpetuated by corrupt law enforcement and politicians, because they are financially enriched by all of the money being raked in and spread around.
These charlatans invariably abuse their “power”, and run roughshod over innocent, supposedly free citizens.
Besides, the most destructive drug, from my perspective, is fully legal alcohol.
Stop the insanity.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I just learned that in 2003 the US Department of Health and Human Services was granted patent 6630507, which covers “the potential use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids to protect the brain from damage or degeneration caused by certain diseases, such as cirrhosis.”

How can the US Government claim there is no medical use for Cannabis, keeping it as a schedule 1 drug, while simultaneously owning a patent for the medical use of non psychoactive cannibinoids?

“In the case of No. 6,630,507, the researchers [at National Institute of Health] discovered that non-psychoactive compounds in cannabis may have antioxidant properties that could be beneficial in the treatment of certain neurological diseases, she said.”

“Other companies may also apply for licenses to use this patented technology to develop drugs to treat other neurological diseases where antioxidant properties of cannabinoid drugs may be beneficial,” she said. “The patent expires on April 21, 2019, after which anyone would be free to develop drugs based on these cannabinoids that, like all drugs, would require FDA approval to demonstrate safety and effectiveness in humans.”

6 Likes

Post this 1000 times!!!

HUGE 50 LIKES!

99%

1 Like

Well, here is yet more governmental tomfoolery underway.
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Bait and switch?

4 Likes

Big Money never sleeps!

2 Likes

The most interesting thing about this article is that it appears in Newsweek.
This is a good thing, as ganja is actually becoming mainstream.:clap:t2:

BEST MARIJUANA PRODUCTS OF 2017: TOP CANNABIS STRAINS, EDIBLES AND MORE

BY JANICE WILLIAMS ON 12/16/17 AT 10:00 AM

4 Likes