Cannabis going mainstream: are we marketing to kids?

Nice topic @navy66

@Foreigner definitely would be running “Hot Dog on a Stick” corn dog stand :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

It’s fire bro

3 Likes

What cereal do adults commonly eat? It’s just my wife and myself (and our 4 cats). We’re almost 40. My pantry right now has fruity pebbles (actually having some right now), cocoa krispies, cinnamon life, and honeycombs. I had some captain crunch last month. I do like frosted mini wheats and flakes too. Once or twice a year I might grab a box of honey bunches of oats or the wife will get plain Cheerios but that’s as ‘adult’ as we get over here. Just because it’s marketed to kids doesn’t somehow mean it’s not for adults, or adults don’t like sweet tasty things…

I don’t agree with marketing to kids, but none of this is legal for them anyways so… how is it marketing to kids when it’s an adult only product? Adults dont/can’t like cartoons? Etc.

6 Likes

I fucking love fruity pebbles. And some cartoons.

5 Likes

29 here, I fucks with nature’s bounty granola cereal. The chocolate and dried strawberry version is just a lovely treat

2 Likes

Man, I got a decade on you, give me my sugary shitty cereal please.

3 Likes

Maybe our generation is different. My parents and their friends always ate shit like Wheaties or cheerios. Maybe even honey nut if you’re lucky.

1 Like

My buddies dad did love a bowl of grape nuts :joy: I can’t though.

4 Likes

friggin crack your teeth on those… it’s like chewing gravel.

4 Likes

I’m all for changing the naming scheme up a bit. Make it more adulthood-centric.
“Yo, let me get some Jury Duty and one of those Prostate Exams.”

5 Likes

You’ve earned it lol

Sugar is my biggest crutch. If I woke up saturday morning and my kitchen had an unlimited box of Reeces Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I would be a diabetic by noon lol

3 Likes

Oh dude, me as well. Sour candy is my kyptonite

3 Likes

For me, it’s donuts.

Back in the day, while house sitting for my mentor, I would go get a box of donuts from the local donut shop, roll the biggest doobie I could muster with raw rolls, and eat myself into a 5 hour nap. Those were the days…

2 Likes

Me too. I was the kid burning their taste buds off by eating copious amounts of war heads. The black cherry were the best. I recently discovered sour beer, it scratches that same itch with the added benefit of beer!

3 Likes

We called it “Doughnut burnout” , my buddy’s mom worked at DD and he always had a dozen at work. Haa haa

4 Likes

Bruh, that’s the life!

I had a pizza guy friend who would bring over the undelivered pizzas after work for some bud, that was basically the peak of my youth

6 Likes

Dude same here. He managed an awesome pizza place in New Haven CT and he’d always bring a fresh pie over after to burn and play video games.

4 Likes

After skimming this thread I can say ny has put limits on packaging. No cartoons, only certain fonts, certain color saturation.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what i said, wasn’t it :joy:

2 Likes

So @navy66, is it your kids that are buying that Snowhigh stuff? Maybe watch how much the allowance is.

1 Like