Cannabis Growing Time Lapse Area... lets see them grow!

Thanks, but Im a windows guy. No clue about Linux.

1 Like

That sounds like a driver issue for your webcam. Maybe go into the device manager, uninstall whatever driver you have, then plug the USB camera back in and let it reinstall the driver?

I use iSpy with a few different USB cameras on W7, i have not had one do that before.

If you can get it working with your camera it is a nice bit of software, can do motion detection and timelapse, even start the video recording if it hears anything on the microphone.

Only issue I have is if you use two of the same type of USB camera you can only have one on at a time, it does not seem to be able to tell them apart.

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried that already and its not a driver issue. I finally got it to work by using the 32bit version - even though I have a 64 bit system. However, the user guide seems to be written for programmers and I cant get it to do what I want as far as timelaspe recordings, so its getting uninstalled.

Still lookingā€¦

ā€¦scrolling through, i thought I saw C64 down thereā€¦as in, Commodore.

Load:*;8,1 or whatver the hell it wasā€¦ oh Atariā€¦ [sigh]

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

1 Like

hehehe My first computer was Commodore 64! Then I bought an Atari something and kept that for a year or so. But then I got into building your own IBM clones from parts bought at the local computer flea markets. The next many years were spent constantly up-grading mother boards, CPUā€™s, memory, video cards, hdā€™s, etc etc etc. You could easily nickle and dime yourself into a pretty hot system - for the day. Fun stuff for us nerdy types :slight_smile: I still remember my first time on a ā€œbulletin boardā€ at a whopping 300 baud!! You literally watched each single character of each word show up oneā€¦atā€¦aā€¦timeā€¦

Thats where I first learned the art of brevity in communication :smiley:

3 Likes

Ive gone back to Sky Studio for recording the snaps and video. Its simple and seems reliable now that I figured out how it works.

I may go back to the iSpy software next week while Im off on my yearly fishing trip with my broā€™s. It would be nice to be able to look in on the plants while Im out of state.

Bulletin boards were the older and more secure type of ā€˜dark netā€™
I went to a few when I owned an Amiga 500

3 Likes

If I take a picture with my phone from the same place can I later use a program to make the time lapse? Or do I need to have the program first and use it when I take the picture?

Yes, you can stitch them into a movie later. Im sure there are a bunch of free options to do just that depending on your operating system, Mac, Windows, etc.

The software Im using now has that built in and Im using it to do exactly what you are talking about. I collect a bunch of snaps from my phone and then make them into a movie. You can also do a GIF like I did above.

Im using SkyStudio Pro. It does tome lapse with webcams and it stitches still images together.

http://www.skystudiopro.com/

2 Likes

Im sure you will get more options if you vary the wording on this Google search, but this will get you started.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&ei=QNbpWvOAJcWcjwOukYjgAg&q=how+to+create+an+AVI+from+image+files&oq=how+to+create+an+AVI+from+image+files&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i22i30k1.22350.31298.0.37278.17.17.0.0.0.0.108.1568.11j6.17.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.11.1050...33i22i29i30k1.0.HvYy9XMISN0

I combined multiple images into a gif using GIMP for windows.

2 Likes

Pedro, u keep those on 12/12 right contsantly and just keep rotating new ones in when there is space huh.?

1 Like

Yes mate that was a perpetual system where seeds or clones would just go straight into flower.

1 Like

Nice I like that I might try dwitching to that method I believ it would be a lot more efficient in the small space I have to useā€¦

1 Like

This time lapse thing is pretty cool. I finally got iSpy (link above) to work. and figured out how to do most of what I want. I still like SkyStudio Pro for the time lapse though.

I am leaving on a 5 day fishing trip in the morning, and I wanted to be able to monitor things while Im gone. I downloaded the Chrome Remote Desktop app to my android phone. I can use that to switch between the two programs, look at (never mind), and monitor the webcam while Im gone. Its not perfect, but it works.

The main problem I am having with this whole thing is getting my webcam far enough away/up to see my whole growing area at the same time. The cam Im using just doesnt have a wide enough field of view. Ive mounted it as hi as I can get it but it needs to go all the way to the very top of my tent. Unfortunately, my light fixture then blocks most of the view. Im not going to buy a new webcam right now so this will have to do.

The other thing I discovered is - dont mess with the cam after you place it some where! LOL I have some of the jumpiest footage from the first few days cause by me making adjustments to the camera position from time to time or just bumping it. Hopefully I will have a nice smooth movie to show off after I get back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I attached mine to the side of my light rig and I only check the footage every three months or so.

Although the light rig does move a little in the breeze of the fan and makes my footage a liā€™l shaky.

2 Likes

Its time for a couple more lapses, I need the camera in my cab now as I am starting a new run.

The recent theme in my camera has been ā€˜deathā€™ so letā€™s have a look at the latest.

• here is a look at some dying seedlings in the latest OG solo cup challenge.

youtube said they removed the video but it still works for me, please tell me if it works or not for you.
Edit 2: YouTube restored the videos.

6 Likes

Some more of the death theme, in this grow I managed about 1/3 of the normal yield due to root rot in the height of summer pushing my LED lights real hard ( 1000w at one point )

8 Likes

I saw it originally, then it died. ā€œThis video is unavailableā€ā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks Loki, I will try to upload again without ā€˜deathā€™ in the title

3 Likes