Cannabis Growing Time Lapse Area... lets see them grow!

I started trialling time lapse because I just thought it would be cool to watch my plants grow but as it turns out it is a great tool to diagnose plant problems by matching time stamps with when changes were made

ie: spraying for insects and being able to see on the video the impact it had on the plants.

I will leave my youtube links here as I upload them and I would love to see anybody else’s work also.

Happy days.

13 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes

I love me some timelapse. I plan on putting some footage together myself. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread!

3 Likes

Yes… yes…YES!!!

1 Like

What are you using to make the timelapses? Some kind of a special camera or?

1 Like

Nothing special it is a 72 dollar Mobius Action Cam set to turn on when the lights do ( it turns on when the usb gets power from the lighting power board) and takes an image every 6 minutes. well I think it’s 6 minutes because I set it up a year ago.

3 Likes

I did the same thing before. This is a Fast and Vast auto grow.

9 Likes

@ReikoX, A daily .gif is a great idea… its heaps faster to watch it grow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great idea. I have an old webcam and iSpy software is free, can do time-lapse, use multiple webcams, can record on motion detect, and upload the videos for you to check anywhere. You can schedule cameras to only be on during the day and it makes the video from the images as well.

I can see me getting some old neutral density filter to dim the main light though, they don’t cope too well with bright lights.

2 Likes

Do you think a go pro would work?

1 Like

They do have a time lapse function and auto power on so you don’t need to record darkness.

I am not sure what kind of time settings they have though.

1 Like

I used a webcam and the Linux program called motion.

3 Likes

Near the end when you add the, what looks to be a cob rig, it’s awesome to see them instantly start reaching/praying toward it. Thanks for sharing that @Pedro_Bann

2 Likes

Great thread this. Would like to do this myself at some point.

2 Likes

@

Those damn magnets on the temp/rh meter lol!

I like this idea!!! I did a crude GIF on my first grow, but I used my cell phone to take the pics at random times more or less once a day or two or three. The main problem with that is you dont ever stand in exactly the same place or hold the camera at exactly the same angle, distance, etc, so the images jump and move and tip and tilt when they shouldnt.

This is much better!!

I have an old web cam somewhere I think…

5 Likes

I found my Logitech C310 webcam, but Im having software issues. The iSpy software just crashes every time I select the USB webcam. Works fine with the built in cam on my laptop.

I tried two others that were loaded with addware and/or didnt work either. Now Im trying SkyStudio Pro, but it isnt reliable either. Doesnt crash, but the videos are mostly corrupted and it wont stick to the schedule when you change the timelapse settings.

Anyone have any other suggestions for software to try?

I used the Linux program called motion. I programmed it to take a snapshot daily and combined those into a gif.

1 Like