Cannabis microscopy

Excellent! Proofing but the black on the pepper I think your right if its nutes why black on pepper and white on cannabis, unless the pepper dyes the nutes . @JoeCrowe but I am pretty sure you will come up with proof or a good theory .
I think I would still test the ec though as a variable

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

2 Likes

Item is in the air, flying towards Canada as we speak. I had to do “things”…man… to pay for that. It’ll definitely be worthwhile!

3 Likes

not sure what yah meant but dont borrow money from the mafia on my account …the vig lol

3 Likes

lol just referring to all the work I had to do in order to get the new camera. It’s here so when I can get it from the mail I will take some photos get a new baseline going!

1 Like

ooooo bugger me, it’s here! In my very hands! Now, I just have to re-arrange things so that the 'scope and computer are linked. Then it’s time to fool with the software! I can’t promise I’ll make awesome photos right away, but it’s possible. It’s a high-speed usb 3 10mp camera with reduction lens for biological research microscope… I’ll be trying it out soon! installs the software

yo! FIRST LIGHT! heh heh I know it’s the ultimately shitty photo, but I promise I’ll do better with the software. The problem is I’m a newb at that part lol! never used lab software before with software controls over hardware imaging.

7 Likes

I think I got it set up now, how does it look?

I even did a target on the darkfield! Perhaps I turned the gamma down too much??

4 Likes

I made it a little lighter. Now… I have to calibrate the measuring tool, so I can create a real-world link between pixels and micrometers. Good times!!! Where did I put my calibration slide…shit.

here’s some…trich photography…lol!

1 Like

ok one more crazy photo! Then I’ll get the calibration thing.

10 Likes

Have you seen this YouTube channel?!
Here’s a fun one

5 Likes

that’s some nice optics right there. Looks kind of like my hash dissolving in alcohol video lol! I wonder what kind of stage they are using looks like some darkfield there. Nice!
I got some new photos here! I am sure you can recognize some of the players on this stage!

yooooo I spent a half an hour calibrating this beast…enjoy!

4 Likes

shiiiiit, I forgot to watermark that photo with the damned magnification I was using. It was 100X. This reduction lens is the shit! It makes the image so fucking bright I could go blind!

1 Like

here’s some more goodies! I think my calibration worked lol!

At least the trichome heads seem to be the same size under different magnification.

7 Likes

they say one of those trichomes is 50-100 micrometers in size, so it seems about right? That one seems to be like 50 micrometers, or microns if you are from usa. Be interesting to see how large they are once fully developed.

1 Like

yo, I’ve gone microscope crazy! Like a new toy on festivus eve!

Phear my watermark!

6 Likes

Just so everyone knows, the trinocular attachment is the nizzle for shizzle. I can be looking through the eyepiece and get whatever I want staged up, then pull the prism on the trinocular attachment and unleash the camera. Observe:

This reduction lens is ready for oil immersion. I should probably get the slide with the hash smear prepped! That would be nice! Shiiiiiite I forgot I have to calibrate the thing for those resolutions so the measurement works. Gotta calibrate for each objective. objective aka magnification. Microscope lingo yay!

7 Likes

wow that fucking thing takes good photos, they are way better than my digital camera. I can fiddle-focus the amscope camera like a maniac using the fine stage focusing mechanism. One crank to the left…check the image…one crank to the right…etc I should be able to get to a cellular level with phase contrast oil immersion.

3 Likes

ok we got lateral root action. You can see a few hairs! The white crud is enticing… I almost feel if I changed to phase contrast I could see where it’s coming from, or going.

Should I be cropping these images for relevant data? I’m not sure all those black pixels are required to transmit data :wink:

6 Likes

Wow…nice photos.

grabs the :popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like