The quest for unicorn gold!

Well… I suppose It’s time…
Time for what? Time to pull a hat trick. That’s where you score three times in a row, in a single game.
I’m gonna be working hard to pull this one off, and not slacking on this entry. I’ve got to fucking crush it, with no doubt and no competition. This hash entry is going to be like a laser beam from outer space. Vaporizing the human mind. LOL! ok, I’ve pumped it up enough, so what am I going to really do in the lab? I’m going to use the waxing tech, combined with my nuts pheno hunted plant, to produce the tastiest white piles of joy. OK, but in addition to that, I’ve been hatching… yet another advancement in the field of stabilization. To build suspense though, I’ve been working on it secretly, and have never taken a photo. In fact, I ripped all evidence of it on new years in the proxy pipe. mmmm, fuck yah.
So those two techniques are going to face off, and I’ll choose one. To the winner… goes the spoils.

50 Likes

Awwwww shit here we goo!!!
Buckle your seat belts ladies and gentleman !
Good luck brother !

4 Likes

Taking a seat over yonder, this should be awesome! Good luck @JoeCrowe !

3 Likes

wheeee! Here is the new technique actually. I saved some nuggets for demo purposes lol! I was just fucking with you.
So I took the nuggets out of the freezer and I put them in a folded piece of parchment. Then I put a tiny bit of pressure in the form of a flat object with a bit of weight. This flattens the chunks slightly. Oh forgot to mention, I do that part in a sealed container in the dark. Also, a lint free one. You can see I got some cotton bits on this piece. I think it takes just a day to solidify this way, and you can see the color is virtually unchanged.

19 Likes

Strapping in for this ride, always a fun read and good luck grabbing that gold! :medal_sports:

4 Likes

Should be a entertaining adventure. I am in for the ride

2 Likes

I gave “buddy” a jingle, and asked him what I should do with the hash I made from the kilo of weed. He says, go nuts with it and experiment, whatever you want!
Ohh yah, now there’s the zone. Carte blanche. You know I’m going to be rosin pressing it! I will purify the extracts by pressing it in a 25μm bag at 64C, trapping the organic contaminates in the bag, of course. After that, I’ll image the rosin, and make sure it’s clean. Yikes, never thought I’d be talking about purifying contaminated weed extracts.

15 Likes

Pulling up a chair for the JoeCrowe magic show! :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Watching from the front row
Go Joe go

3 Likes

Stepping inside and grabbing a seat. Always love the @JoeCrowe show!

2 Likes

that is nice man, i bet it smoke real good!! makes my mouth water big time.

1 Like

REFINED-hash
Interesting :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t hold out where are the microscope shots???

3 Likes

I think the contamination has been left behind. I'll check though!
18 Likes

Rosin looks perfect! No traces of whatever the fuck contamination was in there. Wow! So you CAN take moldy buds with random organic contamination and make gold!
I think this rosin would even pass scientific testing for pathogens by health canada lab.

33 Likes

The yield was 16.2 grams made 8 grams of rosin. The crap left behind in the bag is dark! I will open it up and extract some of the contents for imaging. I suspect all the crap will be left in there.

13 Likes

There you go, in one image, you can see all the crap from the bubble hash is left behind. Plant fibers and… organic materials of some kind.

12 Likes

I worked for a company that bought moldy weed and used a rosin press to press it through something like a 4 micron bag.
It removed the mold spores so it would pass lab tests.
Additional tests showed that it didnt remove the mycotoxins.

So, it wont fail a mold test but will still harm the consumer with mycotoxins that will destroy their kidneys and liver, among other things.

Looks cool on paper, asshole move in real life

16 Likes

It’s actually botrytis cinerea, so there are no associated mycotoxins. In addition, I rinsed the bubble hash really well, so if there were any polar substances, they are history.

7 Likes

That’s ‘wild’ that the bag retains half the rosin weight in detritus.
I wonder how much of that weight might be dissolvable in alcohol?

Cheers
G

7 Likes