Cannabis microscopy

This terrible work, is of course, courtesy of the poisoner. Grown by his acolyte, Batman.

After I find the blaze spawner, I’ll get blazed and do another scan. This is a random bud scan from a random person.

phew, I’m tired!

I dunno this buds not looking so hot. I’ve seen worse, but I’ve seen better!

3 Likes

The trichomes look weathered. I mean… I wouldn’t have said that was a thing, but I can clearly see they have suffered some damage from something.

5 Likes

Your macros are bringing my BP down from insant aneurysm all the way to simple coronary!
Keep it up!

That is odd. As I understand it the contents of the trichomes are lipophilic so they wouldn’t dehydrate, would they?

Cheers
G

The cap doesn’t seem to change, but the stalk seems to dry out. In that picture the trichomes just look… Like someone shit kicked them. The caps should be smooth and shiny not kind of…cracked and wrinkly.

I honestly have no idea what could make the trichomes of the plant look cracked and wrinkly. That mystery is bugging me still. I will gain data from the person who gave me that bud for analysis. I do that for my friends, toss their shit under the scope. But now I can give them a high resolution image you can really sink your teeth into. OF course…lol it either makes it, or breaks it. You don’t know until you get the image back and someone says “I wouldn’t smoke that shit”. I wonder if strong winds or some other physical force could do it. I’m reasonably sure there is no poison on those buds I didn’t see “junk” on the trichomes. oooh yah love a good mystery. I wonder if I can find the answer?

2 Likes

Or someone sprayed an oil based product on it?

3 Likes

It could definitely be some sprayed on shit. I know that the clones are justice league so they are infested with something I would bet spider mites, mildew. I did see “questionable” things? I should do a leaf scan, perhaps there will be more answers.

Looks fairly clean besides the random organics. Could be some bug carcass in there.

2 Likes

I was recently on a webinar with several growers, and one of them said they had been spraying Zerotol at the end of the flowering cycle to pass microbial testing. Of course several of us gasped in horror lol, but he assured everyone his THC numbers were consistent spraying or not. I think it would be really cool to put those buds under the scope like @joecrowe is doing to see if there was any visible effects.

1 Like

fucking right, everyone should be eyeballing their buds. I think it would help quality… hey did someone take a shit on this trichome?

The question I asked buddy… he’s like “well these buds are clean, we sprayed them with nova three weeks ago” I asked him where he thought all that nova he sprayed on the buds had actually disappeared to. That kind of mentality…has caused problems.

2 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe , just a shot in the dark, some terpenes are like solvents to the wax in the plant. Maybe a possibility that the strain has a lot of that terpene and it is breaking down the wax on the trichome head as it ages. Just spit balling.

It is funny how we have come so far yet some of us still believe in magic.

1 Like

wind and dust? on the cracked trikes

1 Like

They were grown outside, could definitely be outside residue.

now for something pleasant! No contamination here!

4 Likes

I have to end each session by imaging something beautiful, so I don’t get depressed…heh heh

2 Likes

Here’s some nice trichomes, bulbous style!

4 Likes

I have the ultimate fatty here I can spin up made from 5 different kinds of weed that passed the microscope test. The fail samples I put in quarantine, so I can pull them out for a good viewing at any time. I can’t wait for this next kind of weed the “meat banger” to mature so I can scope it. In the mean time I have a different kind of project where I can image trichomes from the bud on a plant in veg mode. I thought that was kind of interesting. Oh! I forgot I have to do the alcohol videos! That’s going to be neat! I’ll go warm up my youtube account.

1 Like

Woah that was crazy, you’ll never even believe what happened! I wonder if I captured it good? Things happen pretty quick I might have had too high a resolution? I made it into “film” frame rate and it’s uploading now. Probably take a while it was huge.

lol that brown cotton fiber is from my shirt I used it to wipe the last sample off.
2 Likes