Cannabis microscopy

oops that last photo was a goji og! So there are two candidates left that could be female. I cut the males and put a green ring on the females. So far I think I have three OGK females! Lemme get a sample :wink:

1 Like

This is OGK, looks promising! I put a green ring on that sucker. I also hacked down some males. Pretty soon I’ll have 'em all sexed and the males culled.

3 Likes

In reflection, fuck there are lots of males. Soon I’ll clone and sex, probably after harvest I’ll test my results.

1 Like

Great pics as usual amazing work my friend.

4 Likes

Thanks @BigMike55 , these images are some gold! I can sex tiny little plants if I have the time lol! They are so different under magnification, it’s amazing.

4 Likes

Botched that last one I think it was female. It was the one where the top never grew, and instead grew two tops later.
Here’s the fuckup one. You only get one chance sometimes the blade slips heh heh.

The sex part is obscured by a leaf bract. I murdered it in my attempts to get it free.

3 Likes

Ok sorry I haven’t read the whole thread yet but do you scope soil as well?

1 Like

I haven’t, but I can definitely do it! I don’t have any concave slides for liquid samples, unfortunately. I grow in hydro, so most of the observations are extracted from hydroponics.

2 Likes

Nematodes and water bears and protozoa, testate ameba I like I did a little scope work but it was a second hand scope only had one eye piece lol and it was still cool awesome stuff right there bud edit me and microbes got a thing :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

I do have a video featuring acariform mites. Those are nasty looking, and some strange creature eating my clones.

4 Likes

It would be cool to see a orbital mite fight one those lol I’ve got 10-1 odds on the orbital mite :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

I told him not to smoke it. There was a reason it seems harsh! Fuuuuuuuuck!

1 Like

Wow does buddy know how to pick 'em or what? Lets see if I can get 3 for three contamination detected!

1 Like

Negative! The final sample of three was clean, no fungus detected. Amazeballs!

2 Likes

The haunted bud Halloween Special!
Damned scary for sure! :scream:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

no kidding there, it still gives me the creeps… I should move it into the “zone of the damned” for contaminated weed.

I had this potato growing on top of the bucket so I dissected it for kicks. I’m going to compare it to the potatoes in solution and also the garden potatoes. Not sure there’s some purpose here…but curiosity killed the… Homo Sapien?

3 Likes

I been tempted to use my cheap scope to learn a bit. I’ve been told it’s a great way to improve selection of breeding parents.

3 Likes

Yah, I’ll be using it for my breeding project when the time comes. I want to breed two plants that have an excellent trichome count and see what happens.

5 Likes

Dusted off the 'ol 20x objective lens. I forgot how fidgety it is. Really hard to get a good photo, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

oh here we go. I was doing it all wrong… gentle not mental. I was spinning the knob wayyy to fast for that objective.

4 Likes