Cannabis podcasts?

I enjoy the dude grows show and future cannabis project. More for background noise than education. I learn better by reading than listening to stoned chit chat. Some of the breeding stuff they talk about is pretty interesting though.

1 Like

I have to agree besides the potcast(dead channel), all this guys are cooks, they talk a lot about nothing, they don’t give you the real cheat codes in growing pot, future cannabis project? More like living soil project, just a bunch of sponsored narcissists like everyone else. The only ones I respect in this internet bs is Kevin jodrey and frenchy(rip). Sorry for the rant.

Oh man, there’s cheat codes? I thought it was about the plant not trying to grow the next “super frosty gelato cake cookie mint chip ztupid” hype strain bull shit…

For real though?

Like what are you expecting a potcast to tell you? How to build a growth rat so you can harvest, dry and sell your buds in like a week?

Jesus Christ people.

4 Likes

You learn more from a Kevin jodrey interview than all this podcasts put together, that’s what I mean by cheat codes. I’m not into selling nothing boy. I’m all about sharing.

2 Likes

Everything I’ve seen/heard so far hasn’t been very good. There is the odd decent episode but the majority will put you to sleep.

From what I’ve seen, nobody is doing enough research and isn’t prepared with interesting topics. Both hosts & guests seem to be winging it.

I’m sure there is some unknown person killing it right now but nobody has caught on yet lol

1 Like

Heavy Dayze does plenty of research and is highly respected by his guests because of his knowledge. If Bodhi is going to invite you to his house or AK BeanBrains invites you fishing or JJ from Top Dawg talks to you for over 5 hours… that in itself speaks volumes. These guys are busy people so won’t waste their time otherwise.

3 Likes

Never said I had seen them all, but what I have seen isn’t up to par. It’s not personal

I agree. Interviews by or with Kevin are filled with real world experience and perspectives.

1 Like

the dgc intro song is the best.

1 Like

Recently, I have really gotten on a podcast and livestream kick. This is a form of media that cannabis enthusiasts and people involved in the industry have really gotten into the last few years.

However, I want to complain a little about them first lol, I listen to a fair bit of podcasts, comedy, historical, science and archaeology. These podcasts are done by professionals who know how to conduct interviews and are interesting characters in their own right. For the cannabis podcasts, there is a lot of hit and miss stuff, for a few reasons.

One, is we aren’t generally entertainers or interviewers, so there is a lot of issues on the podcasts like some of the hosts aren’t very good, there is poor microphone/sound quality, people talking over one another, going on long winding rants and kinda getting off track, the egos clashing, really basic interview questions and topics, etc.

A lot have been listed, but theres a few others I think are worth checking out. I am also going to list out some live streams, because there are lots of sort of one offs between people in the cannabis world.

The Potcast, with heavy dayze
fucking talking shit with eagle
Chronic table and the portland cannabis tasting society
growing with fishes podcast
tara lee live
Breeders syndicate podcast with matt riot and notsodog
Matt riot livestreams, riottseedco
high on homegrown
Future Cannabis project
future cannabis project 02

just adding to the list and trying to get some convo going.

whats your favoourite podcast and or podcasters?

I know kevin jodrey for instance is a big figure for a lot of people for instance. I personally am a big fan of breeder steve and those sorts of characters who can talk 20-30 years ago and talk about the new legal markets and frameworks for the burgeoning legal global cannabis trade. .

2 Likes

I’d add the real dirt with Chip Baker. He has had Jodrey on. I also like that he’s a down to earth southern guy.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to one on Spotify called “cannabis school” it’s pretty good and easy to listen to and follow along even if I’m doing multiple things.

1 Like

I got high and found a guy who made me feel 10 x higher. Picture kids show host into Jesus doing a grow show. Than the guy disappeared and people all over you tube are trying to solve the mystery of what happened to him. I find it full of good info and hard to look away. Awesome music selection on his video’s as well. Grateful Grower You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0SZFJIz6JCn1LxYKF4duQw

Love this Canadian guys channel as well

https://www.youtube.com/c/BillWard420