What Podcasts are you watching/listening to?

Podcasts are my favorite form of media currently. I have adhd, so the fact i can turn on a podcast and go about my day and bump from task to task while listening is great.

Being at home so much the last 2 years, I have really gotten into Cannabis, comedy, history, social/cultural, music podcasts etc. There so many out there.

I will be listing some podcasts I really enjoy and I hope you find something new and fun to get into. Please post your favorites and maybe a link or a little background on why you like it.

8 Likes

Big fan of podcasts. My favourites are:

• Last Podcast on the left (comedy/history)
  • growcast (growing)
  • grow with your heart (growing)
  • dude grows show (growing)
1 Like

I will start with a list of my favorite comedy podcasts

The champs with moshe kasher and neal brennan (now defunct, but has a lot of great episodes)

The dollop with dave anthony and gareth reynolds, this is a history/comedy podcast wuere dave reads a story from history and his cohost reacts to the story and does improv during the story.

Cum town with nick mullen, stavros halkias and adam friedland. This is a sort of hangout podcast where 3 friends tease eachother and shoot the shit, do impromptu bits and just goof around. This one is more explicit to those who dislike that kinda stuff.

The duncan trussell family hour, with duncan trussell a comedian/new aged spiritually active person who interviews everyone from other comics to spiritual guides, tech people, psychologists, etc. A really mixed podcast that gets into all kinds of metaphysical topics

The bonfire with big jay oakerson and dan soder, this is a sirius talk show, average drive time radio format, but hilariously funny

Improv4humans, a 4 person improv podcast with matt bessar. They do long form improv sketches over the course of the episode, sometimes with a musical guest. Very funny and unique kind of comedt podcast

Comedy bang bang with scott auckerman. This is one of the greatest comedy podcasts of all time. Its structured as a fake talk show with all sorts of random guests and celebrities stopping by to do more long form comedy imrpov in the loose format of a talk show. If you like comedy podcasts i cant recommend this one enough, it has amazing character work from some of the best comedians around. Cant say enough good things, this show is amazing

2 Likes

If you’re into it the potcast has really great long format interviews with all kinds of different cannabis breeders. I pretty much listen to that all the time in the truck, probably heard each episode like 3-4 times by now, learn something new every time

11 Likes

I commute to school so I have lots of time for podcasts, my favourites are:
I don’t know about that w/ Jim Jefferies
Behind the Bastards
Therapy Gecko

Tad Hussey of KIS organics has a great podcast 90 or so episodes

4 Likes

Mysterious Universe

1 Like

Cocaine and Rhinestones

If you have even a passing interest in country music from 1900-2000, then I would highly recommend Cocaine & Rhinestones. The host is a hell of a storyteller and I find myself wishing he’d do entire episodes on just the intro stuff that he talks about sometimes, but also it’s really interesting to hear the actual episode content. I wouldn’t even say that I’m that into country, but this podcast is an absolute ripper.

Also the host, Tyler Mahan Coe, has another podcast called Your Favorite Band Sucks and it’s hilarious to hear him shit on things I hate, and oftentimes even funnier to hear him shit on things I love.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to any in awhile but there’s 2 I would throw on if I were going to. The first is The Chip Chipperson Podacast Jim Norton does. It’s friggin ridiculously stupid funny. Just the theme song with Hatebreed and him going “Chip has a fuckin’ podacast” in that stupid voice cracks me up every time.

The other one is Hardcore History with Dan Carlin. They’re 3-4 hours and done in series so there could be 2-5 episodes on a subject but he does a fantastic job with it. Not only really interesting but he presents it in a way that engages you. I wish I had history teachers like him in school.

4 Likes

This one is great, check out NW47 breeder cast for same kind of talks.

6 Likes

“Shaping Fire” hosted by Shango Los. Brings science along with the aesthetics. Has experts in all fields connected. Focused on the home grower as well as the more commercial but more here at OG.

5 Likes

Cannabis related -

The potcast - so much good information here, like legs many of the episodes I keep going back to and catching more stuff I missed

Growing with the fishes - not just aquaponics, but all kinds of applicable growing info

Shaping Fire - cultivation and general science regarding cannabis. Lots of knowledgeable guests and good info

Breeders Syndicate - some of Riot’s comments/tangents can be a little grating at times, but great guests and info

KIS Organics - good gardening information overall, but also feel like they are just running infomercials at times

Non cannabis related -

This American Life - great storytelling

Freakanomics - examining the workings of many different things through the lens and logic of an economist

RadioLab - just really interesting stuff presented well

Sound Opinions - Rock and Roll review and criticism

Live From Here - Chris Thile takes over Prairie Home Companion and ends up morphing it into something else entirely. Sadly I think it is all done but was great while it lasted

WordJazz - not really a podcast(this and the 5 above are/were NPR shows, most available as podcasts) - give this one a try late at night along side a heady but relaxing smoke - Ken Nordine is a legend

Turned Out a Punk - punk rock BS, from Canadiens

Comes a Time - music/psychedelics

5 Likes

Here are some clips from cum town

I will be adding clips from various podcasts and will do another list this week sometime.

1 Like

Here is an episode of “comes a time” great podcast

3 Likes

We just did an interview with
Growcast.com

Was pretty chill. Turned out good for our first one. Just being able to tell the stories is killer by itself.

2 Likes

Very indepth and scientifically based, the Curious About Cannabis podcast is extremely good. Excellent info on the Endocannabinoid system, Entourage Effect, Terps, Testing, etc…

2 Likes

Honestly… tiger belly has been cracking me up lately. It’s a nice change of pace from the more serious podcasts. Bobby and his relationship with Theo, Chris, etc is one of a kind.

2 Likes

Economic update with Richard Wolff, Dude Grows, some more news, the majority report.

2 Likes

What’s everyone’s favorite podcasts?? Any other mommys on here watch your mom’s house? Bad friends?

7 Likes

Cannabis related: The Potcast, Shaping Fire, Cannabis Cultivation Science, Growing with Fishes, Growcast, The Cannabis Conversation, Curious about Cannabis, and I do listen to Breeder’s Syndicate.

Other: A couple BBC4 podcasts, Revolutions, a few others.

4 Likes