CannaJake pics in a legal WA garden

3 Likes

Oh my goodness my friends! We went and picked up some new clones this weekend! I can’t wait to post some pics of our new genetics!!! If I wasn’t running like crazy I would post some now but I will be soon… some of the genetics: DJ Short Blueberry, White Widow, Jack Herer, Jack Skellington, Tangie, Hawaiian Dutch Treat, Cherry Pie, Barry White, Code Black OG, Amnesia OG, Critical +, Banana, Frankenstein, Blackberry Kush, and many more! What a weekend! I can’t wait to share some pics!

3 Likes

Maybe you can help point me in a good direction sense you’re in the business in the same state Im in - Ive been asking folks at dispensaries where I can buy clones in Wa state, but they all say they dont know other than maybe at some flea markets someplace, some where, maybe…

I cant tell from my limited ability to understand Wa legal mumbo, is it even legal to sell clones in Wa?

Man, you living the dream.

I have 15 years of cannabis growing XP and a degree in gardening, but unfortunately as I also have a criminal conviction about growing cannabis, so I can’t come to the US and live the dream.

Yes and no, if you have a med card in the state of Washington I believe you are allowed to purchase clones from a 502 clone provider. If you don’t have a license then you are still not allowed to grow in Washington. The sad part is we are the only state that has recreational marijuana and no homegrow allowed THAT I AM AWARE OF. Now, I would NEVER encourage anyone of doing anything illegal however I do know in Oregon you can walk into a retail shop and buy clones without any kind of license so I will let you take that info from there :slight_smile: Also seeds are avail in Oregon. Just sharing public knowledge right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Conviction for “manufacturing marijuana” doesn’t prevent you from obtaining a license in WA state, I am not sure about the immigration laws with a history of manufacturing however so that you would want to check into more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing I do want to note is that as legal cannabis processor/producers we do not make a lot of money, the market is real and competitive and the taxes take a HUGE portion of the pie. I will try to share a pie chart to demonstrate another site recently posted. If you’re in this industry here it is not for the money it’s for the love of the plant.

1 Like

3 Likes

The image details are hard to see but the numbers break down as follows: 41% goes to federal tax, 37% goes to Excise “sin” tax, 10% goes to sales tax, 8% goes to retailers to pay their bills, and that leaves… 4% goes to the actual farmer in the legal market. -Source is PNW Leaf, a well respected news source for cannabis business.

3 Likes

Immigration and Trump administration doesn’t quite go together :joy:

And immigration and a criminal record even less so :sob:

Because on a federal level cannabis is still viewed as the big baddie, and immigration is under federal administration, not state laws…

That sucks. I wish it were different. Im pretty sure that in 3 years - or possibly even less depending on Muller - we will have a much friendlier administration and congress. I am still holding out hope that less than 50% of Americans are racist bastards and will actually get out and vote next time around.

Sorry for the politics…

So why the heck is big business so interested in getting into the pot business?

The huge taxes just suck. Greedy politicians wont tax super profitable businesses, but are more than willing to stick it to the regular folks.

Thanks for that info!! I have not found anyone in Wa willing to sell seeds or clones. None of the dispensarys around here will even consider it and none of the growers I have contacted will either.

I didnt know Oregon was that far ahead of us. Will have to plan a trip that way next time I need supplies!

Oh - I do not have a med card. I probably should get one, but my current doc isnt a big fan of MJ and Im not sure he would go along with that. It costs $$ to go to one of the MJ docs to get a card that way. Im also not sure I want to take the chance of being registered just yet - not until the federal crap gets sorted out.

Well my friends it’s not quite as simple for me as I believe you think. According to STATE law I am legally growing cannabis, according to FEDERAL law I am still very illegal. The truth is I know this and I willingly put my face and info out there for the world to see because I am following my state law and I am fighting for what I believe in. But please understand I still have a lot to lose.
The way I understand what happened was during the Obama administration states were legalizing marijuana for medical or whatever and Obama eventually got tired of sending in feds to crack down on people the state didn’t want arrested. So he pulled all federal funding to the DEA for raids in states who had legalized cannabis. Well Mr. Trump has reinstated those funds so now if the DEA wanted to do a sweep guess where good ol’ Canna Jake would be going? Add to that despite the obvious outpoor of medical evidence proving medical benefits of cannabis, our ever stellar Jeff Sessions recently classified cannabis as a Schedule 1 drug (absolutely no medical value). This places it in a schedule of drugs worse than opium, cocaine, etc.
I put my face out here knowing the risk. I am part of the change. I put my face out there for everyone who wants to but can’t because of draconian drug laws. I do it because I believe in my heart this plant is good and many feel the same as me, yet have to hide in the shadows. We have to hide our feelings because those who “represent us” would crucify us for sharing our own thoughts.
Well I do not hide my face.
I refuse.
My state allows me to cultivate this plant within certain guidelines and I will. And I am PROUD to be a cannabis farmer! My family is proud of me! For all of you out there waiting to step out of the shadows, I hope your day comes soon! As for Canna Jake, I am going to keep fighting this fight and keep doing my best to represent the cannabis community I love. Like a modern day Robin Hood. I follow my heart, do what I believe is right, and pray for the best… can you ask any more from a man? -Canna Jake

5 Likes

Thank you @CannaJake! Anyone who refuses to act immorally to be politically correct is a hero in my book.

2 Likes

It’s just about doing the right thing and being the best voice I can be for a crowd that must remain anonymous or fear for their lives. I am allowed a rare opportunity and my JOB is to respectfully represent the crowd who made me. It’s not a hero act, it’s an honor, a genuine privilege. Someday we will all get to share. That’s what I dream of. I will be the first to say there are many better growers than me. I’m not the best, but I want the best to have the opportunity to showcase what they have worked so hard for. We risk our lives like so many before us for the love of the plant. I will be one who does what I can to make our community proud. It’s an honor.

3 Likes

I live in Washington to grow cannabis legally in the I-502 system. It’s how I can do what I love to do legally. But as much as I love everything about Washington there is one thing it lacks, it’s not my home. My home is Idaho. That’s where I was born and where my roots will always be.
While what I do here in Washington is legal, if I drive less than 600 miles East to my home possession of one plant is a felony. I use cannabis as a medicine and I believe in the healing from the herb. However my kind is not tolerated in my home. So unfortunately, I am a refugee from my home.
I look forward to the day I can return to my home and be able to grow fine cannabis for my people and show them a better way of life than doctors and pills! Until then I remain what I am, a refugee lost in a senseless war against a healing plant.
But in the mean time I wave my flag and proudly represent for the 208. Someday I will get to return home. Someday. Until then I miss you 208!

5 Likes

Hi. Excuse me: is that Lilly the Original Delicatessen’s one?
Salud.

Hello Mig!
I am not sure on the origin of the Lilly as it is my bosses pheno, I can however ask tomorrow when I see him again! I will certainly find out what I can for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t know more about the origin of the lilly yet. I’m trying to do a little research for you :blush::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes