Gene Trader Upstate NY

Hey brothers :wave: I wanted to know if any of you were going the Gene Traders Event in upstate NY tomorrow.
I freed up my day and plan to be there with a friend of mine. I hope I can see some of you there !

Stay happy and stay safe
:v: :blush: :latin_cross: :heart:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Sounds like it might be in the Mohawk Valley region? Or perhaps in the central leatherstocking region. I’m about two and a half hours north of the city so it should be nearby. Remember cultivation isn’t legal until 2024. Loose lips sink ships.
Edit… I don’t want to discourage anybody from going , just use some caution. There is most certainly some great stuff to be found. New York is a hidden gold mine of genetics.
There’s some different local varieties from when I was younger that still may be around and you should be on the lookout for them…
Chopped meat
Chenango Bango
Unadilla ( could be mine)
Lambsbread
Militia Durban
Any Old redneck variety from the Hills
Candy/ Coyote
There is a white widow cut that is held very tightly. It’s from the area west of Oneonta. If you find this one grab it. We used to pay $40 an 1/8 for it back in the early 90s. It was killer.

5 Likes

DUUUUUUDE!! There’s a strain called UNADILLA?!?!? Thats my FAVORITE track in the GNCC XC series! LOVED racing on that, plus its legendary, the oldest motocross track east of the Mississippi river!

Now I GOTTA find me some of them… Just because!

2 Likes

Clones are considered hemp under the federal hemp act, seeds are also covered by the hemp act. You can gift flower under NYS law and poses up to 3 oz on your person at all times. No need to avoid genetraders shit is legit!

4 Likes

Oh wow ! I didnt realize clones were also unde the hemp act ! That solves that question for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I wish I could go but I can’t. I’m trying to find two specific cuts from Ohio named Lemon G and Afghani Mango and was hoping someone at the event might have them but the search continues.

2 Likes

Ill keep an eye out for you today. What company you think might have em ?

2 Likes

Not sure if the strain is called Unadilla but it’s from that area. 10 years ago some of my seeded pot made it out that way… and it was popular lol.
If it smells like strawberries or catpiss it could be from me.

1 Like

Have fun today. Get in touch if you find something good! Local heirlooms are what you want. Lots of great growers in the area.

2 Likes

I wanted to go damn no one what’s to take the 2 plus hrs ride

1 Like

No one in particular just figured I would look around and hope someone had them.

1 Like

Wow I need to get out more :rofl:

1 Like

So I didnt have cell service the last 30 mins of the drive and 0 service when I got there. Actually nobody did and the event host even posted on IG that there would be no service. So card machines and Cash app stuff wouldnt work. Cash only.

@Papalag I wish you would of contacted me. I was almost 3 hours out. My friend picked me up and Im sure he would have got you. Next time let me know.

2 Likes

We could’ve met halfway and drove up together next time

2 Likes

Definitely man. We probubly had to drive passed you anyway ya know ? We had a long ride :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

north or south? If you were 3 hours south, I’ll chip in for gas next time, you’d probably pass my place…

I would have loved to check this out, but found out way too late to make it happen…

2 Likes

oh and how was it? what were the offerings like, and prices?

1 Like

I was about 3 hours south. Started about 45 mins north of NYC drove across the river and up into the Catskills

2 Likes

I wish I could have made it, it looked like genetraders picked a really dope spot.

1 Like