CannaJake pics in a legal WA garden

22 Likes

Glistening trichomes in there my man! Cheers!

I wish i could show my face like you do. I have never been good with incognito profiles! HAHAHAHAHA

HppHrvst

PS.: I miss Seattle u know… But not the rain… HAHAHA

3 Likes

Hi Jake.

Nice plants you have there! Nice smile too :slight_smile:
Welcome to OG!

Stay hazed,
(Another) Jake

3 Likes

Nice grow dude, what strain(s) are you growing?

Moving to Seattle in 3 months… so happy

2 Likes

First off I would like to say thank you for all the responses on my pics! I will try to post more soon!
Second, what is up with the limited comments and likes?! :smiley: It’s awesome to be back and so much to learn and share I was in shambles when I found OG again then limited out!
Does anyone know if the chat room is limited too?
Being that I am limited on the number of responses I can give I will be creative to try to chat with everyone and answer any questions I can… however I will be the first one to admit I learn more every day and am very humble in my knowledge. My goal is to be a student for the rest of my life, this way I am always GROWING :slight_smile:
Also you can find me on Instagram user name cannajakegrows.
Keep your hands dirty and your thumbs green my friends!
@MadScientist I am very greatfull to be able to show my face finally! It’s an amazing feeling! I heard Mr. Soul of Brothers Grimm say in an interview online that growing is the new gay because good people are finally able to come out of the closet in some places! And that really there was the women’s rights movement, the gay movement, and now the cannabis movement. I really thought it was a fantastic way to look at the whole thing. And honestly it was a bit of a humbling thought to consider these other groups were also persecuted like us. However they stood together and overcame the obstacles and so will we!
@Blowingupjake Thank you but these are not my plants. As much as I wish they were, I work on a 502 farm in Washington state, which means the company I work for grows cannabis then we sell it to the retail shops. The retail shops distribute to the public. I am blessed enough to be part of the evolution. It is far from perfect however it is better than it was (or unfortunately still is in many places). I also have friends involved in the same careers so occasionally I get to go hang out at a variety of gardens. It’s a tough first world problem :sweat_smile: Honestly though I just want globally unregulated cannabis exchange. Everyone should get to enjoy doing what I do.
@hewhocoruptz Thank you so much but this is not my grow… (see above :slight_smile: ) The strains vary depending where I am but the company I work with has Super Lemon Haze, Super Blue Dream, GG4, Grape Ape, Grand Daddy Purple, Green Crack, Lemon Skunk, Brainwreck, Black Cherry Soda, Lilly (2:1CBD), and a somewhat rare one named Jerry OG that has a very interesting history involving Jerry Garcia.
@Cocofan Congrats on the move to Seattle! It’s a BIG city with lots of possibilities! Something you should be aware of though is Washington currently has NO HOMEGROW LAW… i.e. growing at home is still very illegal! They do have many commercial gardens you can work for though and still get to do what you are meant to do. I am patiently waiting for Washington to pass its homegrow law which will allow non medical users to grow up to 4 plants in their home (21 and older obviously). Oregon has a nice homegrow system right now, I’m a little fuzzy on the details and maybe some of you weed nerds can help me out a little but the way I understand it they are allowed to have a certain number of plants homegrow and they are allowed to get their product tested in a lab AND sell it to retail shops! Does anyone know if this is correct?
@DirtDigger Oh my friend it’s not even the smell in there… it’s the smell within 100 feet of the building :smile: As far as indoors/outdoors there is indoor and outdoor gardens here in Washington, I will be posting some outdoor/greenhouse in the future. As far as weather conditions as everyone knows Washington has a lot of rain and high humidity especially in the fall. Botrytis is very common in these conditions and it takes an ever vigilant eye, good filtration, and excellent dehumidifiers working together to keep the dreaded bud rot away. Another consideration is in an environment where growing, legal and illegal, medical and recreational, is so prevalent the odds of SOMEONE having a male who is dying to pollinate your ever eager girls is high. Sadly not everyone keeps males responsibly and one kid with a seed or a clone of a male planted on a hillside can do a lot of damage on a windy day. 502’s are not allowed to sell cannabis with seeds so a rogue male from the next mountain over can destroy a company. It’s a tragic blow to someones livelihood. There is also the risk of theft to consider. Most outdoor cannabis here is not at risk of being stolen as we don’t have to hide from the police anymore, if someone wants to break in we simply call the police. The final indoor concern I would bring up is genetics. Being in the career I am in I see two sides to a coin that many only see one side of. The companies here covet their valuable genetics. It’s not personal, it’s simple really, if anyone had access to a companies genetics the company would collapse, growers would grow it themselves and give clones to friends and there would be no value in the company anymore. However I also see the value in sharing genetics especially to keep the genetics alive should God forbid something bad happen like a fire or something and the genetics could be lost. It’s a very fine balance. Thank you for the question! I hope I was able to answer your question.
Anyways it was really awesome getting the feedback I did from everyone and I will continue to try to post more pics, but please be patient as I am learning OG 2.0 :smile: As I mentioned before I am on Instagram as cannajakegrows and if anyone wants to pm me on there you are more than welcome!
Be safe my friends and God bless the grass that grows between the cracks!
-Canna Jake

6 Likes

What does it smell like in there!? :grin:

Do you legal guys grow indoors only due to weather conditions, or is it risk of theft or something else?

Rock on man.

2 Likes

I felt it was important to share this picture on this community because I represents the brotherhood many of us share in this game. We all have those select few friends who left their mark on our lives. And some of us wonder… “will I ever truly be missed when I’m gone?”. Today I want to share with you a simple picture.
A picture is worth a thousand words right?
This picture represents the brotherhood that happens when we lose friends who used to share the same passion for growing. Friends who never got to see the big grow days but who we spent countless nights looking at the stars and dreaming of the big crop while sharing a joint. As a good friend once told me “pot is for friends”.
In 2009, on the night of my birthday, I lost my best friend. The man I had spent raising hell with since BEFORE PRESCHOOL. The man I had smoked countless bowls with and MacGyvered how many gorilla grow contraptions with was lost. But his spirit was not. Today I carry the same picture in my wallet I have had in there since the day I lost him. The picture I am holding up in this photograph. Unbeknownst to all of you he blazed through OG back in the day too! He would be excited to tell me of some new crazy method he was reading about! We would share and dream of the big crop. Not the money, the garden. The best smoke in the world by the few who had the key to the forbidden fruit. Those who dared open pandora’s box.
My friend never got to walk these rooms with me. Not in the flesh.
But believe me when I tell you he is by my side in spirit every day in those rooms.
So to all my friends I want to give one piece of growing advice I am yet to see on this forum, I am sure it is hidden in many articles disguised cleverly as “advice”, and that is GRATITUDE! We share here and come here to learn from each other and help each other. Many of us never asking anything in return for the tidbits of whatever we happen to share. But in a moment life is taken from us, the friends we grew with and shared our most dangerous ventures with can be gone in the blink of an eye. So please, if you read this all the way through, thank one person who helped you on your path. Allow one person to see that they matter and are valued. Almost a decade later I still wish to God I had the chance.
And in turn I would like start that off by thanking anyone on OG who was part of the original crew. The ladies and gentleman who were giving the top shelf advice back before the crash. THANK YOU
Some of you on here unknowingly shaped my life.
So THANK YOU to the OG 1.0 crew!
AND THANK YOU the OG 2.0 crew for bringin it back!
Keep sharing the love and wisdom my garden family!
-Canna Jake

8 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your grow bro.

99%

1 Like

@99PerCent Thank you. As I said though he lives on with me in the gardens and I really hope sharing this helps at least one person here. The brotherhood never dies.

2 Likes

All i can say @CannaJake is i feel super happy for you, and it gives me hope that one day my retrograde peers will equate the rest of the wrold and take advantage of technology and advancement.

What doesn’t push us forward, throws us back…

HppHrvst

1 Like

Absolutely right my friend. Someday we will all work together and we will all get to grow as big as we want. But it takes people like us staying the course OVER DECADES! And it takes people like us willing to teach the next generation correctly. You should check out my instagram. I’m not selling anything or anything like that just appreciate good people. If you do find me on there be sure to message me so I know who it is and I can follow back :blush: Have an awesome day and just for today be the light that changes lives! We have the power to change lives one person at a time!
-Canna Jake

3 Likes

Nice work. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Maybe one day everyone who want to grow can.
I hope to work in such big grow one day.
Is a great thread CannaJake thanks for sharing. You sounds to be a good guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I am just a regular guy who is passionate about what I do and I love to share it with those who may not get to experience it yet. Together we can turn the tide!

1 Like

So I had to sneak a few more pics in to my gallery in the making. I don’t have a fancy camera or anything I just snap pics with my phone to share… enjoy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Beautiful garden! Thank you for taking the time to share. :grin:

2 Likes

That face shows the happiness of working doing what you like.:+1:

1 Like

Like I said I will share all I can! And yes I love what I do! Someday everyone will all have the same opportunity and I honestly can’t wait! I can’t wait till everyone can show their faces with pride of all the hard work and dedication. Someday when it is legal you will look back on your outlaw days and be proud! At least I know I am! Someday, my friends, our dedication will pay off. Cheers!
-CannaJake

2 Likes