New gear we're working on at Deep Ellum

Rob from Deep Ellum Seeds here,
we’ve been hard at work developing and working our gear and we have couple of strains that are almost ready for market…We’re hoping to drop these before the fall… A Sativa and an Indica.

First up is a sativa-dom, tentatively called White Light. (Nl#2 x Super Silver Haze)
its one of the older strains that Doctor Dank came up with. Its his old faithfull NL#2 crossed to a SSH from greenhouse from the year 2000. He has taken it inwards 3 gens, i think thats what he said, and backed… clones have been forced and will be pollinated in a few weeks. given time to mature, dry and age… looking like 3months from now or so… nothing is 100% for certain, but that is our plan… he is over in the suburbs, so im trying to relay this info. If SensiSeeds has taught us anything, it’s to never ever have all yur genes in one place. We have to lock-down a name. strain isnt done yet and its not listed on our site, so we have time… I open to suggestions…

NL2 x SSH

NL2 x SSH weed
Its like a Fruit cup that you poured a lil bit of lemon juice in to. . the after taste that lingers the most is sugary sweetness mixed with a kushy flavour, like old school real kush taste, pre-og era. its a hashy taste. Smokes with a strong, pronounced sativa high. energetic, daytime weed. Over indulge and you will be “up”, but it can make u stupid-stoned…

The other strain that we have that is nearing completion is the re-issue of our classic Grape. It is one of our oldest strains and is the first in our series of re-issues. I made it prior to joining the Deep Ellum crew, but as I’m with them now, i call it our strain now.

my friends and I originally called it Grape Romulan but over time the name evolved organically into simply The Grape. anyway, The Grape was Federation’s 7 of 9 and mikado bought from Richard and crossed into my afghani/mexican red hair line that we called mustang grape… inbred, stabilized and spread throughout the community. Very proud of her, but all things come to an end and the parents used were lost. She was retired in 2004, but before the last cut was flowered GA was used to make some S1’s.

To bring her back, we began selecting a female in 2015 and once that was sorted, she was ran and out for the cummoty to sign off. After we got approval, I went to work. I used my nl#5 IBL to make f1s. there was crazy-mad hybrid vigour, b/c both p1 were stable IBLs’, but not all of the F1 had that rommy/afghani grapeyness that i wanted, so i took it a little further and went back to the p1 from an f1 selection.

The test run went great, so i repeated that gen and waiting on seeds to ripen. She has been one of the quickest strians that i have made, besides f1s… If you start from when i began, dsicount the 7 months of time i lost in 2018, and count the time that i have left after the seeds ripe and are collected, and what it takes to dry them in order to plant, the total time of it has taken me to bring the grape back in seed form will have been like 50 weeks. not too bad… I will work this line, but i am happy with the p1xf1 so we’re planning on dropping those. They will be out before the Fall.

Jolly Grape (7of 9/Mikado/Afghani/Mexican Red Hair x NL#5)

Jolly Grape (7of 9/Mikado/Afghani/Mexican Red Hair x NL#5)

Jolly Grape (7of 9/Mikado/Afghani/Mexican Red Hair x NL#5) nice size buds under 600watters. 48" tall stake, so u can see even as a big plant she stays a decent height.

Jolly Grape (7of 9/Mikado/Afghani/Mexican Red Hair x NL#5) Forced after a shorter veg time, and she’s good for SOG. stocky, branching is easily controlled with minimal pruning.

Jolly Grape (7of 9/Mikado/Afghani/Mexican Red Hair x NL#5) weed.
It needs to be manicured still, but u get the idea.

Smells like grape jolly ranchers and with a hint of weed, like oldschool 90’s “'dro”. Tastes like a handful of grape big league chew and blueberries. Sweet and unmistakable grape flavour. Initial Sativa rush, and then a sudden indica weighty-ness slams you. a bowl or two is ok; its creative weed, in small amounts. but if u smoke a blunt or somthing, then she willl put you on yur ass. For all intents and purposes, I would classify the Jolly Grape as an “indica”.
After blazing up some the p1xf1 bud, we kicked around names, til somebody said Jolly Grape, as-in, jolly ranchers candy. it seemed fitting enough, so thats what we ran with…

flowers in 8-9wks…

So, that’s the two strains that are the furthest along, and that we will drop next. Thanks for looking and reading, On behalf of myself and Doctor Dank, I sincerely appreciate all the support and love. We’ll keep y’all updated.
Cheers

44 Likes

:ok_hand: Really nice stuff there. Hard to choose one between them & they both bring me back to pre-2000… :wink:

Name idea for the NL2xSSH: Polaris, (var. Polaris(the north star) Mist/Fog, Alruccabah–midevil Arabic name for polaris)

:smoking: :thought_balloon:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

i like the White light for that NL#2xSSH. or maybe silver light?

5 Likes

Frosty Fire there. Nice work.

5 Likes

I think you should call it Silver Lining

9 Likes

Hello from Sweden, just Nice to see . Dö you have somting some are God in my area in Sweden, ? Or somting bigg yellding .
Love and light from Sweden

3 Likes

Good idea, in that case I would look for it … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words man! Yeah, u can totally tell its older gear, right? so distinct man, lol. I like Polaris a lot. its the kind of watch i want to get next, a JLC Polaris… but i need to move a lot of seeds first, lol! Polaris is for-sure on our short list of names! Thanks bro!

that’s another sold one!

Silver lining, i like that one a lot!

Thanks for asking. I’m not sure. we have a temperate climate, and traditinally havent had the conditons needed for mold. You have a greater rainfall and humidity. I think anything i would have that would be mold resistant, would be heavy sativa (mexican based) and wouldnt finsih in time… Any fast finishers i have would be too thick and probably mold on you… If you grow indoors, that’s different. we have plenty of good strains that yield good. OG#39 is NL#5/M39 x watermelon skunk/2013 DNA OG Kush, and is probably the best yeilder. a close second would be Jolly Grape, and the Granite Skunk which is our old M11 crossed to a PurpleSFV.
If you want reliable outdoor, I suggest Mr.Nice Devil and Early Queen, NextGeneration Timewarp and Avalon, SecretValley Purple Pineberry… Greenhouse’s Himalyan Gold used to rock solid for outside, but i cant speak for what’s happened since the mid-2000’s… i dont know if its still the same nowadays…

4 Likes

Better shot of jolly grape weed:

we sent out f1xp1 cuts and dried flowers around the community, and the feedback was incredible. its the only thing that ive made that every one has unconditionally loved. I was begging for constructive criticism, as compliments do me no good. i want to know what people dont like about it, so i can fix it, ya know. but this strain was loved it is my new favorite strain, hands down… The original was good, but 15 years is a long time. i guess i forgot how good it was, lol

here’s jolly grape at 50 days… can be cut at any time, but if u want crazy looking buds that will amaze your friends and impress your enemies, she needs another 10-12 days… i list it at like 60-65 days.

26 Likes

Mmm peroni. The first one not so good but every beer after that is delicious. Nice looking bud too.

5 Likes

Ohhh Man…That Jolly looks so dank…Are you going to be selling these genetics? I know I would be down to purchase some beans…For “research” purposes of course…

7 Likes

Thanks! yeah, lol… not the best but i like it and stella. I’m not a fan of “craft” beer. my friends love that fancy stuff tho, lol… when we go fishing or hiking, we keep it real and get the cheap beer (US domestics).

Thanks for asking! Yes, our seeds are for sale. We’re legal and we have been open for business since April. If you’re in CO, u can buy direct from us, but you’ll have to pay sales tax. 8.31%.
if you’re outside of CO, you can contact us direct, info@deepellumseeds.com . there wont be tax, but shipping rates would apply.

Im waiting to make more stock before i reach out to the bigger seed dealers. Im in talks with some of the smaller seed brokers, and will get a updated vendor list on our website as soon as I get it locked down.

Jolly Grape seeds will be available soon…

15 Likes

Roger that…Thanks for the info…

Regards,

K.

1 Like

“roger that”, lol that’s how i say “yes” as well… u must be a vet. or u had military parents… b/c nobody says that in movies or on TV shows… if u served, i offer a discount for vets.

cheers

4 Likes

That’s awesome that you offer deals for vets…They deserve it. I am not a vet though, just have a couple of older friends who always used it…I guess it just stuck with me.

Regards,

K.

3 Likes

Hello . I.grow moust inside , in my grow room. And i have planty grow light .
So i wonder how i can get some new strain, ro my grow room . You now i am new in this , but i am hookt.
I have space for manny strains.
Have optic cob 6 ledd ,2 pices . And hps 600 w 3 pices , and one 1650 w led out , but are aorund 600 w in to the lamp .
Just now i jous 4 lamps .
I Think to try like 10 strain in the Forest to see how it works to next year.
Love and light from Sweden

2 Likes

Oh damn I’m stoked, defintely need some grape weed in my life. I’ll be shooting an email over soon here

Is Doc still doing his own thing or back working together?

All the best :metal:

2 Likes

he had some things to work out and so did I, but we finally are back on track and are back breeding as a team. We got a website, some social media going finally and have been getting the word out. Doctor Dank has really stepped up and been beating the pavement all over the state of Colorado as the face of the company while Ive been breeding and doing what I can to promote online. He’s done an outstanding job integrating himself into the Denver scene and had made us a lot of good friends in a relatively short amount of time.
If you find him on the street or in a dispensary ask him for some free seeds. He still grows of course, and is pleased that his new haze hybrid will bed out soon. Its his first mainstream release since the Black and we are all supe4r excited for him. He says “Polaris” is the one, and send his thanks to @cannabissequoia for that!

Both the Doctor and I are amazed with the response we’ve gotten, but we know we have a long way to go. Its not as easy as it was back in the day, lol… We sincerely appreciate all the support; thank you all very much!

14 Likes

Wahoo! :smile: I finally scored one! :thumbsup:

I’m watching a Black X Champagne do her thing right now and the smell is nice & complex(too early to discern), definitely not a skunk or diesel, something floral maybe. The yield will be very good-- that much I can tell, but I hadnt intended for those plants to start flowering yet. They may flip-flop back to veg & the re-bloom…it’s happened to me before. :confused:

Obviously well-made stuff. :grin:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Holy Jolly Green Grape Bat Man! Did I just go back to high school? Please put me down for a pack of the Frosted Northern Cross (Northern Silver) pleeeease! I can pay in gold shavings. Seriously beautiful work if you decide to put a pack out for each one of them please put me down for a pack of each absolutely gorgeous the first one I saw it and you were talking about the suburbs I thought about Suburban silver. Be safe. Nl2xssh I’m in.
-J

1 Like