What it felt like

What it really looked like
ezgif.com-optimize (7)

15 Likes

I am most dubious OTUG :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Qtip lol, have a sip, and you’ll be a believer :joy:
20211108_005327

One would assume it tastes like shit, seeing as the roots sit in dirt for the entire life of the plant, but the flavour is actually very subtle.

You really don’t have to roast them, you can wash the roots really good and let them dry out for a few weeks, then chop and powder it to use the same way. I’ve done it this way before and it seems just as effective. You can also simmer the powder with coconut oil to infuse it for quick and effective dosing or for topical application, which I will definitely try soon.

I mainly roast it for added flavour and body, although I’m not sure how it effects the beneficial chemical compounds.

11 Likes

I scoff, but you know I’m trying this after next chop. If I go down with explosive diarrhea that’s on you OTUG. :dart:

7 Likes

:rofl: out of hearts :heart: but man, that is too funny.

3 Likes

Very interesting man, I produce coffee here, I will do this for blends.

I ask permission to exemplify:

use of the roots, here in Brazil.

The chimarrĂŁo, dried mate herb and taken in a gourd.

12 Likes

Mate con Cannabis!? That’s incredible.

Somehow I’m certain Abuela would not approve.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ll have to try it the next time I make some caipirinhas! :grinning:

What do they put in those bags? Yerba mate and hemp leaf?? I’ll definitely have to make some of that too, it sounds like it would taste delicious. I wonder if I can get it here in Canada :thinking:

Thank you for sharing, it’s always welcome in my threads :grin:

4 Likes

Yes guys, they take advantage of the leaves left over from cleaning the buds…
Ilex paraguariensis and Cannabis Sativa…

They are sold in Uruguay, who knows @oldtimerunderground can import.
Or, buy the yerba mate and mix it with your own leaves…

6 Likes

Thank you @Gugumelo :grin: I will get some yerba mate and be making my own blend soon, I have pounds of dry leaf to use too. We’re getting into the winter season up here soon, so I think I will be drinking alot of it :joy:

6 Likes

I have everything but the gourd (or those cool mate straws).

Could you provide any advice on blending, like the mate to mota ratio?

2 Likes

No problem, if you’re used to the bitter taste, you can start with a mixture of 25% cannabis leaves. If you prefer it sweeter, or less bitter, 50%.

It would be that, an interesting thing, is that there are methods for drying yerba mate, derived from indigenous practices, there is even smoking. Another possibility for leaves.

As for the gourd, there are variations, in Paraguay, they drink the iced mate, in ox horns, or thermos cups. It can be adapted, well, to send gourd seeds, they are curcubitaceous. I need to look in the fridge, there are several types of it, I have to find the right gourd.

The straw, a thin bamboo, removing some knots and making some holes is done. But you will have to develop the technique for solids not to rise, with training you will get there.

3 Likes

so interesting! i would have never thought about doing this! and yep i agree @Qtip im gonna have to try it and ur gonna get pics OTUG if there are issues to pay u back for it. (and yes im that gross i will do it!!)

3 Likes

Thanks for putting this “How to…” for those of us that are interested, together, mucho appreciated and bookmarked for future use. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @KanehB :pray::hugs:

I love trying new and different things. I’ve been fascinated with traditional chinese medicine ever since I saw the movie Hard to Kill when I was a kid and Steven Segal did the acupuncture scene. It’s probably the most iconic display of moxibustion I’ve seen.

The modern technique would be electroacupuncture, which I’ve had, but I always wanted to try it this way.

6 Likes

dude i did electroacupuncture as part of a quitting smoking thing, pretty interesting stuff. hooked them to my ears. actually did quit smoking that time and it stuck.

5 Likes

Looks like interesting and amazing stuff!

I’m just so tired of having Pharma poison running through my veins in the name of “Pain mgmt”…when logic dictates that it HAS to be doing damage to internal organs/systems etc. :woman_facepalming:t3:

I’m willing to look into and try anything that won’t be perpetuating that cycle. :grin:

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m a pretty heavy smoker bro. Been smoking since 9 years old. Might have to kick the volts up a couple notches if I try it.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

6 Likes

A good friend of mine hooked me up with a Moka pot the other day :grinning:

11 Likes

You run the cannaroot tea through that? I’ve got the same coffee perc and I fully intend to make your wizard elixir @Oldtimerunderground

4 Likes