Attic Chronicles

Hello whoever you are and welcome to my little garden. This new thread will address many things like: new and old techniques, breeding and products that will work togeather to insure you can solve the large puzzle of learning how to grow top of the line cannabis.

64 Likes

Pulling up a chair and reaching for the :popcorn:

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Great to see you back on duty Arriba|nullxnull , pulling my seat … :sunglasses: :beer:

6 Likes

Pulling up a chair, always something to be learned.

4 Likes

Water source: PH 5.7-6.0 with 114 ppm on average; ran through a zero water filter to bring the ppm to 0.
8f14cc0955bb03d2f4466743defdef5f2c3a1487_1_375x499

13 Likes

Yucca
download (2)
Extremely benefiting in many ways. Yucca extract has obvious benefits as a soil drench, but it is also great as a foliar feed. Water and nutrients can be efficiently absorbed by leaf tissue, and yucca greatly improves the process. Leaves have a waxy coating of cuticle cells that help plants retain water and form a barrier against pests and disease.
Auxin, a plant hormone , plays crucial roles in diverse aspects of plant growth and development reacting to and integrating environmental stimuli. Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) is the major plant auxin that is synthesized by members of the YUCCA (YUC) family of flavin monooxygenases that catalyse a rate-limiting step.
The overexpression of AtYUC6 in plants establishes enhanced drought tolerance through regulated ROS homeostasis. In addition plants produce various phytohormones, including auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins, ethylene, abscisic acid and brassinosteroids.
Their synthesis is delicately regulated to orchestrate normal cell, organ and plant growth and development. In addition, the phytohormones co-adjust agonistically or antagonistically to demands originating from environmental cues.
Among the phytohormones, Auxin is essential as a regulator of growth and development, involved in diverse processes, such as cell division, expansion and differentiation, and also in lateral root formation, flowering, tropic responses, senescence, and enhances drought tolerant phenotypes.
(Based on the information provided by)-https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

21 Likes

Amino Acid based product tricks the plant into thinking it is heat stressed.

• Drastically increases resins and oils.
  • Increases terpenes and other fragrance notes

Can help prevent accidental pollination

Just spray once or twice a week during early and mid-bloom.

• If spraying to help prevent hermaphrodites use 1-2 teaspoons once or twice per week.

Clones: Helps increase the rate of growth of developed roots. Add 1/2 teaspoon per gallon to your feedings. Can also use as a foliar at the same rate 2-4 times per week. Works great in EZ clone type setups. Add Killer Tea for even better results.

14 Likes

Good thread, that’s an awesome looking water source I’d love a taste!

2 Likes

@beacher yeah man I dont know about drinkin it without reverse osmosis… The plants seem to like the spring water though.
The hydrologic cycle
The hydrologic cycle is the cycle of water in the environment. Water moves in a series of processes. Water moves by precipitation, evaporation, transpiration, and condensation. The sun provides the energy for water to move in a cycle. All water on earth is part of the water cycle regardless if it is in a lake, our bodies, food, or underground…

Day 1 12/12

20 Likes

What a garden of Joy dear one :slight_smile: Wonderful!!! I love what you do :heart:

1 Like

Nitrogen application at the beginning flowering stage (R1 stage)
web_alaska-fish-emulsion
The enriched Nitrogen at R1 growth stage influences reproductive growth, prolongs the functional period of fan leafs and also improves the photosynthetic capacity. Six molecules of carbon dioxide and twelve molecules of water react in the presence of chlorophyll and light to form one molecule of sugar and six molecules of oxygen. Sucrose as a signal molecule influences plant growth by regulating the level of gene expression. Sucrose provides the energy and carbon skeletons which leads to the reduction of organic acid amounts and suspends phosphoenolpyruvate utilization.

7 Likes

Humic Acid
Hum-Bolt1

Humic substances influence plant growth hormones and provide free radicals to plant cells, which have positive effects on seed germination, root initiation, and plant growth in general. Humic and fulvic acids , while not fertilizers themselves, are excellent fertilizer carriers and activators.

Benefits of Humic Acid

• Increased Nutrient Uptake. The most prominent and well-known benefit of humic (and fulvic ) acids are how they increase nutrient uptake in plants.
  • Decreased Toxins.
  • Increased Water Retention.
  • Improved Microbial Growth.
  • Better Overall Soil Structure.
6 Likes

Homofermentative LAB ferments glucose with lactic acid as the primary by-product. Probiotics or “live microorganisms that, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.” One of the most significant groups of probiotic organisms are the lactic acid bacteria , commonly used in fermented dairy products. Lactic acid bacteria compose a group of bacteria that degrade carbohydrate with the production of lactic acid.

13 Likes

I make yogurt pretty often. Seems like you could take the whey and mix it down a bit with water and use that as well?

It would be a pretty convenient usage of the leftover whey for me.

6 Likes

Revegging Benefits Cannabis

Alot of folks either think its too hard to try to do or they believe the process produces hermaphrodites due to stress.

Heres what a High Times article says : “In short, yes you can re-vegetate a plant that has already flowered (or begun to flower), however it is easier said than done. And, even if you succeed, chances are the plant will lose most of its vigor and not produce well thereafter. This sort of cultivation technique is generally reserved for dire situations, usually involving breeding projects or prized genetics that are about to become lost or extinct. So it’s not really recommended for simply trying to get a second round of buds off your favorite plant…But at the end of the day, creating clone mothers from clones is the better option over trying to re-veg a plant that has flowered. That’s just nasty business – and no likes doing it.”

1. "Sexual reproduction, and possibly tissue culture propagation, may re-establish complete epigenetic gene regulation, however the science is lacking.”
  • .cannabisindustryjournal.com/tag/epigenetics

1-s2.0-S0048969718330328-ga1|nullxnull

1. As Ed Rosenthal has previously claimed that after a second or third revegg that plant yeild increases.
    I have found this is not always the case and some plants skip right ahead of the pack and acquire this benefit after just one revegg.
  • This particular female showed pistils 3 times their normal size after just one revegg.

3) Here’s a female I flowered after one revegg. Yeild did go down but smell and taste not to mention resin production increased substantially.

13 Likes

How very coincidental you bring up revegging again. I have some of that going on now will be posting up today.

How big is your grow area? It looks huge in the pics. Looking good as always V, Peace

4 Likes

14’ × 7’ area. Thanks for the compliments @Undead-Toker and @AUM. Check on the thread later in the day for updates.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty huge compared to my half a closet (3x3). Hoping to have the other half set up in a few weeks or so. See you later V

3 Likes

Silica Blast helps plants flourish in extreme environments. Silicate helps strengthen plant tissue to help them thrive in adverse environmental conditions such as heat, drought, and frost. In any growing environment there are potential stressors that can affect the growth, health, and stability of plants.

8 Likes

3 Likes