Can't figure out deficiency

could be, Mn or Zn def
I might try a dose of micro and see if it helps, does your NPK fert not have micro nutes?

2 Likes

I think Mn too but bro that’s so minor it’s not worth the problem imo I would LITFA and see if it gets worse before you start to go worry crazy :v::+1: @ajdam

4 Likes

Listen to @Hoodini before you end up a ball of nerves like a first time parent. I’ve been there and it isn’t fun. LIFTA will serve you well. As much as I whine and complain my grow is doing exceptionally well considering all the factors working against it.

2 Likes

@ajdam That color of leaf IMHO isn’t even worth worrying about keep an eye on it though jut don’t stress over it! A whole plant shot might be better for future reference though!

2 Likes

Now I have a new one to scratch my head over.
This was overnight as I don’t see the issue in this mornings pics in my journal. Also that is DE on the plants not PM. Whenever I use it the fans blow it around the room and it gets all over the plants.

This one just seems to have a mild issue, but I’m still concerned.

1 Like

Powdery mildew…increase temps/air circulation and drop humidity below 50% if possible. Buy an organic spray can use on vegs and eat same day.

Sounds like you getting screwed with the pool. I lived in an apartment when in college bunch of years ago and ran out of electric bill money (roommates and I only had money for pot and beer) and found out the entire parking lot lighting was on my unit.

Had landlord cut me a break on rent but if mine had never been turned off then never would have known.

Here check out my grow…costs me around $25.00 a month for more weed than I can smoke. Around 300-400 watts as varies as need less light when small and more light when large at finish.

Edit: also, looks like could use a feeding. Try some cal-mag. Healthy robust plant less susceptible to powdery mildew.

What’s with the darker green stripes on the plant?

regards,

mike28086

Just generally looks weak and sickly, I d cull it
could be sulphur def. or overwatering, does look a bit PM-ish

1 Like

I do know it’s not PM. That’s DE from my last application. I’ll spray and wipe dry the leaves. The underside I’ve looked at with a 120x microscope. Nothing at all to signal PM. It’s just a wind tunnel in there as humidity has a bad habit of sticking around I my place. I keep the door open and I have a fan on high exhausting the air out the room. Now the humidity is at a constant 55% and the temp is at 80f. Lights on or off it’s always those 2 the last 2 days. At 70 it was pretty cold in there and the humidity wouldn’t go below 65 and usually stuck around 80%.
The pests are fungus gnats for sure, but I’ve also looked at the powder on the leaves too. I can say under a microscope it’s definitely not mold. Just little chunks of powder. I’ll look again and update if they’re still sharp edges or rounded now, but either way little particles stuck on the hairs on the leaf is all it is. The fan leaves are very hairy at 120x magnification. they started to pump out trichomes like no other after I added the UV lights. Here’s some more recent pics.

I’ve doubled the feed strength since my last post and they’ve responded really well to that. They even gree a little bit since too LoL :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Probably overwatering, gnats, and a sulfur deficiency. Tbh I’ve suspected that one for about a month now as it’s seemed to swing closer to that. I’ve changed up my methods a bit since I asked for help last. They were also nitrogen deficient soon after flowering started. I was feeding them 5g megacrop per 2 gallons and now it’s 5g per gallon. They have since started to respond really well.
They must be disease and pest resistant to only show mild issues at best from the 1000s of them i see on the soil. I’ll be doing all I can for these girls. I started the grow with no prep work and that was my biggest mistake as it’s caused me to basically have to watch them as they show issues. Good learning experience though for future grows. Next grow I’m going to be starting off with as much as I can get that I’ll need to deal with complications during the grow. Innoculating the soil, using fabric pots, sourcing better soil, sealing any light leaks, and I’ll be flipping them to flower after presex is shown exclusively. I grow for personal use, but I am extremely OCD about wasting money. :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:
If I can save money overall by growing them to the absolute max I can(accounting for the 3x stretch to be safe). I’ll have Cal-Mag, BT, neem oil, beneficial nematodes, beneficial microbes, ladybugs or prefatory wasps, fpj, and compost teas ready for my next grow. I got another praying mantis in my garden. This one had some heft in the egg, so I’ll be waiting for it to hatch and help clean up my garden a bit I hope.

1 Like

I caught some grey mold looking spots on Holly. I was extremely careful in pruning off the affected areas and removed them from the room asap. The shears are inside ISO RN.

Please tell me what I have to do ASAP. I don’t want this to get worse. The low humidity really is what saved it from spreading faster than it does on bread. If I need to buy something to fix this or something I can sweet talk my way into getting something for 30 or so, but more will take effort I’m willing to do as I want this grow to not catastrophically fail

I don’t think I can see those, so I’m not actually sure what’s being discussed when it’s brought up. If you can point out what you mean I can understand the question and answer.

To op, looks like over watering, which rotted roots, which caused the deficiency u now c. When u said a drop in the rh helped, kind of confirms it in my eyes

In the three pictures at the top of the thread, the plants color is a light lime green, but on my screen the images have what appear to be some sort of darker green stripes running top to bottom (maybe a watermark?).

Regards,

mike28086

1 Like

I assumed it was overwatering, but the roots never smelled at all. The soil still smells like it did on day 1. Runoff has no foul smell either. The issue was fixed after I doubled the feed strength.

I do assume I got some root rot, but they haven’t been in sitting water for about a month now. Would this still be showing new symptoms 2-4 weeks after I drained the bin? It’s 26 days since now.

Oh those. Yeah my camera is failing on my phone. It took a hard fall on concrete at the beginning of the year. It’s essentially broken, but somehow functional enough to use it as a app free internet box LoL :ok_hand:
I miss this phone before it dropped. It had way better pics without as many issues. Now the longer the camera is open the worse the quality of the pictures. The lines happen at that point

I got some pictures of the snipped off leaves. 120 and 60 mag both.

And the 60 magnified shots

Lmk if anyone can ID that and if it’s mold or just DE or something else harmless. I got rid of anything that looked like the leaves had fuzz to the naked eye. At magnified levels it seems closer to dried salt TBH.

Increasing the temp from 70 to 80 has brought the humidity up to 60% from 50% an hour ago.
I’ll be rearranging fans. My most powerful one is going on high to vent that room out

Edit: 65% and climbing. For an unexplainable reason to me humidity is climbing faster than I can get rid of it. For now I’ve closed all windows. My kitchen vent is on high and that usually had a bad habit of sucking out all the cold in the house. If I’m lucky it’ll help. It seems it’s more humid outside than it feels, so I’m not letting any outside air in for the night.

If it’s mold try Hydrogen peroxide. I personally kept overwatering my first grow. I have went with less water more often and have solved that problem now. I found it took me awhile to find my perfect groove there.

1 Like

I’ll get some tomorrow when the store is open. En I’m trying to solve the high humidity