Can't figure out deficiency

Same from my first bagseed grow. Same bin as before, same soil, and unfortunately the same fertilizer. Money is tight for me. I do what I can, but if I have to do something ASAP I always find a way.

Edit: Mix of strains. Purple OG, white widow, and afgan kush. If there’s a 4th strain I forget.
I wrote it down somewhere. I lost it though

1 Like

It could very well be that certain strains are heavier feeders than others which more than likely could cause an imbalance to the soil profile, when one tries to correct for an imbalance in one plant they may be overfeeding another neighboring plant it’s was mentioned in an earlier post about having their own pots may want to try that for a future grow best of luck for the rest of the grow ! It’s all a learning experience to make us all better growers hang in there buddy!

1 Like

Thank you! I had a feeling it was something like that. The back right one is perfectly healthy with no issues. In fact it was the first to show female sex. When the rest were all having issues that corner one was just fine. It’s also the only one to still be unaffected by the rest of the plants issues.

What are the odds that’s the plant that came from the white widow bagseed? Maybe it’s the heavy feeder for all I know, but the back row in general all have the thickest stems. The back middle already got past a standard sharpie diameter. I’m really excited to see the buds they form with such thick stems! :blush:

1 Like

To my mind, the fact you have stripes that go across multiple leaves says this is not a genetics issue, or a soil issue (well, partly), but an environmental one (mainly). Swap that healthy one for the sickest one and see if their symptoms swap with them.

In the future if you have a deficiency then consult this handy chart although not a single one says anything about stripy leaves…

If we follow the chart you have chlorosis of young leaves, uniform over the leaf (where the light is the same anyway) which says sulphur or iron. If in your opinion is is blotchy, then it suggests zinc, manganese, iron, or copper.

Out of that choice I would treat for iron (or zinc, or manganese) first as excess copper can cause an iron deficiency as it blocks iron absorption.

I can’t really see from the images but if lower leaves also have the deficiency then it is nitrogen. Feed them.

Of course, this assumes your PH is within suitable ranges.

To me the root cause looks like some of the most uneven lighting I have ever seen in combination with a slight underfeeding.

Move your lights up to get a better spread, give them some food, and swap the healthiest for the weakest.

Do that then apply a huge dose of LIFTA and your problems should vanish.

3 Likes

I have to remove the middle shelf and install the bars up higher to do that. The rope hangars are at the shortest they can go. I’ve almost solved the light leaks, but when I feel like I don’t have any at all I’ll finally flip them. They’re stressed out enough with that beam of light coming through the door when so much as a light on the other side of the apartment is turned on outside of direct line of sight to the door. I waited 2 years to actually grow and I guess I still wasn’t fully prepared for the basics. I really should have just sowed those original seeds I had 2 years ago and learned what I had to. I could’ve bought all the stuff I’d need now back then too. 300 a day for about a month was enough to have a savings finally after food and bills. So far everyone thinks I’m lying when I say I eat $700-800 of food a week. Minimum wage jobs barely feed me enough to not lose weight to a dangerous BMI.

I’ll be adding another splitter to the other side soon. That way I can even out the lighting. While this grow is being fixed as u go at least my next one I’ll be better prepared for. There are too many things I don’t even know to do or get yet. In the end this grow is a learning experience. If I get good results glfrom even 1 I’ll be happy, but if I screw up royally, then I’ll keep it in mind for the next grow.

Currently the lights are the maximum height I can have them without stretching. Any more than about 8 inches and they have longer internodal growth and they also tend to reach for the light at a height higher than what’s in my pictures. Each time I raise it up higher at the request of someone here they grow with too much distance between nodes. I only raised it 2 inches higher than the last time I raised them once they grew into the distance.

The back row responded extremely well to the corncob LEDs I added but the benefits seem to stop when I raise them as high as the HPS. It seems like they aren’t that effective from a distance. They’re only 24w LED lights. The other 3 between them are 2 10w 5000k LEDs and 1 9.5w 2700k LED in the middle between them. Oddly enough after I added the 2 2700k LEDs to the mix they started showing sex the next day. I can’t do anything until Thursday unless I come into money somehow soon.

Just a reminder I can only get things when I can convince someone to help otherwise I have to find a way to pull money out of my ass. Unfortunately I’m not exactly the type of person who can hold a job. I want to go postal every single time and I quit within 6 months tops. I get a “promotion” every single time within the 1st month and it’s really just being turned into the workslave for no extra pay. I’ve kept up with events after I leave each job and each time they’ve been super nice to me after I leave. I find out it’s because they shot themselves in the foot when they didn’t listen to me and let me work on the job I was hired for alone if I’m not getting a raise for 5x the work. Never work for Panera as dining room if you’re competent and a hard worker. They will take advantage of you and make you into a manager without any of the benefits or title that comes with it and keep your pay lower than it should be for the work they demand of you or your fired.

Well… I’m ranting. If you read it all I’m sorry I got into that. I just need to be clear that I don’t ignore you all when you recommend stuff. I can only get like 1 thing at a time within a 20-30 budget every 2 weeks at best. I’m not rich or connected to those who are throwing money away. All I can do is network and find people to sell me supplies at a much lower cost than it would be if I went online or to a shop. I know a former grower who has a 18 plant tent that I can buy when I can scrounge up the cash and I’m not spending all of it on a bandaid at a time for this grow.

I just need to make sure I made that clear. I can not afford to grow at all. I can’t even pay my electric bill to grow rn. Until I can pass a drug test I can’t get a job that pays me enough to be self sufficient. If laws were in my favor I’d be growing outside. Problem is in Massachusetts the law demands that it be out of sight of binoculars and helicopters. That applies to both indoor and outdoor grows. It’s f’ing ridiculous!

Tnh at the rate this grow is falling apart I’m probably just going to kill them all once I’m back home and forget about it. If it’s going to be a failed attempt I’ll try again when I can afford it. I’ll be lucky if I even get flowers at this rate. I might have 4 females now, but with all the fails along the way I’ll end up spending 1200-1500 to grow nothing at all. While it’s only 400 I might just abandon this grow. I said it before: I really can’t afford to grow rn. My electricity is definitely going to be shut off before I can pay it too. I’ll be back once I have enough supplies and money to grow. I’ll chop them down tonight.

another usefully chart

2 Likes

I have that downloaded. None of it applies as it’s either a mix or something not in the chart. A chart showing what combinations of deficiencies look like would be better as they always say that it’s usually accompanying another deficiency yet they never show what that combo looks like.

I sat down and asked myself if this grow is worth it. At the rate I’m seeing issues I’ll be lucky to harvest an oz total. That’ll be a $2000 oz. The 1500 was just the cost of the lights to power them. The other 500 is what it will cost me to get the rest of what I will need to grow right, but by then it’ll be too late as at 10 a week I can’t afford to get the rest of the supplies before harvest. I’m just going to scrap this grow and try again later when my life isn’t falling apart

Let’s see, let’s call your electricity expensive at $0.15 per kilowatt hour. Let’s make this math easy and say you are using 1000-watts (doubtful). Each week costs roughly $25 running 24-7. Call it eight weeks veg you already did usually six is what most people do, that’s $200. Then another nine weeks flower, but that’s only half the cost because the lights are only on 12 hours, so another $300.

That would be $500 in electricity as a very high estimate, not $2000.

2 Likes

I have my electric bill to refute your math there. My first month of growing has cost me 200 so far. I’ve added more to my grow since. That’s more than 200 a month now.

1 Like

I call BS! I don’t pay that much for my entire home’s electricity. You’re getting screwed over if your electricity went up that much. Good luck bro, :v:

3 Likes

I don’t lie ever. It’s just how I am and how I was raised. My bill had over 700kwh for June. The only thing that was different on the bill vs the one in May was the grow. My my may bill was only 30. That’s 170 extra per bill for this grow.

Sorry to hear you’re having a lot of problems on your grow and in life man. If it’s any consolation, MANY people on here have had problems on their first grow (especially indoors) and many people on here are going through personal shit too. Is it possible for you to grow autos outdoors on a balcony or something? You might not get top grade bud like that but sometimes stress free grows are worth the downgrade in quality. I moved to outdoor growing and I don’t think I’ll go back to full indoor growing for a long time (I veg indoors for a bit with 30w per plant). Hopefully you find a way to correct your grow or at least learn something for your next grow. If it’s at all possible to get those plants outdoors (if you’re in a state that is recreational or medical and you have a card) I would do that instead of trashing them.

3 Likes

State law makes outdoor grows prohibitive. They have to be invisible to binoculars and helicopters. That means that a window letting in sun is the closest I can come to an outdoor grow. Helicopters fly overhead multiple times a day

I would still put them next to a window before trashing them. I trashed a seedling out of anger over personal shit about 2 months ago and I definitely regretted it after the initial “I don’t give a shit” attitude wore off. As long as you’re in the Northern Hemisphere, your plants will start flowering pretty soon after you let nature do the work.

How many hours of direct sunlight do you think they would get? I think I read that they need 5 hours of direct sunlight and then just 5 hours of ambient light after that (basically one or two cfls or leds would cover this).

Just to be clear: If you want to continue using a cab and lighting to finish your grow, that’s great. However, if you feel like trashing it (I’ve been there) just stick it near a window if possible. Your plants might not flourish there, but they wouldn’t in a trash can either.

1 Like

My issue has to do more with that I’m pulling a mystery extra 300kwh and I don’t have any way of finding out what’s doing it as nothing I have even if I put all the electronics together would go higher than 2000w Total at any time. That includes the fridge in that calculation. Does NG just like to arbitrarily add on kwh when they feel like it? How am I pulling 2-3x more each year at this time? The lights only added a extra 120kwh to my bill vs last year too, so I’m unsure of what it is that’s pulling that aside from somehow the pool in the backyard is pulling from my side as it was put on last year and turned on around the time my bill spiked like this for the first time. Before last year no matter what I did I would never even see 100 on a bill. 60-80 at absolute most.

If you were on your own property (I think I read that you’re in an apartment), I know that if you have a scary dog near your meter, they will just use your previous meter reading as an estimate. It happened to me and someone I lived with complained to the electric company about what they thought was a high electrical bill and they came and found out we were paying less than we should have, so we got screwed over on that one. However, I don’t know where your meter is in an apartment. I would imagine they are all grouped in a single or a couple of rooms somewhere. Maybe they’re reading the wrong meter. You could complain to the electric company, but it could go either way. Might be worth it in your case since that’s a huge difference.

Also, electricity went up a couple cents per kwh in my area, maybe it did in yours too.

My meter is outside. Right at my front door. I say apartment, but it’s a inlaw apartment and not even a legal one tbh. I’m not on any lease and as far as anyone knows I still and dependant on my parents to live. Not true, but on paper that’s what it says. I pay my own electric bill only ATM. Everything else is shared and I give them cash for what I use when I can.

On a side note I did the math and the difference is that when the pool is turned on that’s supposedly using 100% only their electric, I get a double to triple kwh usage only during the time that pool is running. Otherwise I’m normally running 200-300kwh monthly total. The lights I have only put a extra 100kwh compared to last year when I wasn’t using any of those and running the most energy wasting AC/fan habits. 64f on turbo/very high fan speed and 2 fans on high.

Probably is the pool: https://www.canstarblue.com.au/electricity/how-much-energy-does-a-swimming-pool-use/

Never knew those things used so much electricity even without heating.

1 Like