Can't get my scrubbers to work?

i like to have everything a little bit oversized. there are reasons to change to a 6" and reasons to stay with the 8"
keep the 8" = run at lower speed = quieter, filter lasts much longer.
get a 6" = space constraint, or electricity load(but the acinf are super efficient), cheaper.

2 Likes

So let’s talk about this central line. Each tent has one 90 and then ties into the central. Even with the 5x5 tent as the only one going and the fan in speed 2 I still get exhaust out of it.

If my concern was the amount of exhaust coming out I’d say the central line for sure would be a concern or AtlesSt I’d understand it.

My concern is the air that’s being pulled through the filter not being scrubbed properly. How would my run effect that if I’m getting proper exhaust?

1 Like

I could also In theory rip a new line for each tent individually however they would still be 30-40ft runs

1 Like

I was getting backdraft.

If i turned off a fan it’d start spinning in reverse with the minor backflow happening regardless of my dampers installed.

As for the filtering, I’ve had some brands scrum most of the smell but I stopped using filters completely when my neighbours mentioned as long as it’s not “skunk” they don’t care about the smell.

2 Likes

I lucked out with 25ft runs; and gentle bends so I have no 90 degree angles. It’s like a goth-industrial dance cave now with all the piping but the plants are happier for it.

2 Likes

Could you not just dump your tents air into the room there in then scrub that room using one filter and fan?

6 Likes

This is what I was thinking. What are the tents for? Mothers, veg and bloom?
What about venting the 2x4 and 4x4 into the king room and using the 5x5 and 8” to exhaust it all through the 5x5 or an independent setup like shiskaberry suggests. You give up some control over the smaller tents and if you live somewhere dry this might even be a better option.
Or 3 40 footers :flushed:

Idk, there is a lot of info we don’t have.

I can simply look at my other fans with no filters on while my 5x5 is running to see if the blades spin to determine backdraft right?

1 Like

I Thought about that but wanted to run the exhaust air to a room with no glass block windows and further from the sidewalk area. Otherwise plan was to just drop 2-3 giant scrubbers into the lung room. Figured several would work but would do nothing for heat….

Yes! I also could feel it; even if say the blades didn’t turn. :+1:

I can’t feel anything. I’d post some photos but am afraid they have geo info tagged somehow :rofl:

Also the 5x5 and 4x4 i flower in and the 2.5x5 I plan to veg. Every tent has a fan and scrubber setup.

Lung room is 15x11ft

OG removes that from all photos.

U can also use this for posting: https://imageoptim.com

Alternativly you can light a match and then put it out and the wisp of smoke will tell you if you have backdraft goin’.

2 Likes

This is one of my favourite analog tests.

2 Likes

Light the match inside the non running tents? And if backdraft I’ll see smoke go towards fan correct ?

1 Like

fwiw I notice a loss in neg pressure from long exhaust runs. over 10 feet chokes mine.
It’s like a car motor, more exhaust piping and back pressure will slow the gases. There is no such thing as back pressure being good for anyone that wants to debate :+1:

2 Likes

Bit does that change the effect of the air being scrubbed?

1 Like

I found pinholes in a duct between the fan and filter once. Stinky air from the tent was getting sucked in after the filter.

1 Like