Found thrip damage on a few leaves

Already sprayed down all plants with mammoth P canncontrol, should I get a bottle of azamax? I’ve heard spraying with h2o2 helps as well. I want to stop them before they spread. I have BTI on hand, should I spray with that too? Oh, all my plants are still seedlings, only 3 levels of leaves max.

4 Likes

Oh, I would prefer a bio alternative to chemical, like a good source for nematodes, predatory mites and pirate bugs, I like to fight nature with nature when I can

3 Likes

I’ve used spinosad with good results. I had to do 2 applications but it got rid of em. Its listed as organic.

14 Likes

How many days apart did you apply it? I can get the Bonide captain jacks dead bug brew at home depot. Its a 32oz spray bottle of spinosad.

My plants are small, I ain’t messing around with thrips.

3 Likes

I second this, but go with Monterey Garden Insect Spray if you can find it. Spinosad in concentrate. Wiped out my thrips this past summer. Fuck a thrip. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

8 Likes

Captain Jacks will work great Arriba|nullxnull, can you post some pics? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

First crunch berry

Second sorbet dreams

I got a few clones back from a friend who is moving and I think I now know where they came from…

5 Likes

I did 2 applications 2 weeks apart.

3 Likes

Purple gorilla glue kush clones, I gave them to him a few months ago. But he’s moving and can’t hold them for a minute, so gave them back to me to hold for a few weeks while he gets settled.

Dumb ass me didn’t quarantine. My own fault.

3 Likes

clones from back right and back left in the pic

9 Likes

At least you are mature enough to take responsibility; I see people constantly blaming the source of their cuts for pests/diseases. Thrips are an easy pest to combat. I always look at pests/diseases that are new to me as just another opportunity to learn anyway. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

I had them once ten years ago and azamaxed the hell out of my area and got rid of them, but that aza makes your plants all crinkly and brittle… I don’t want to use it unless I have to.

2 Likes

Fortunately you’re in an early invasion stage, hit them hard … Arriba|nullxnull

4 Likes

Every 4 days for 4 treatments got rid of my mites and thrips using Safer’s End all soap spray with 10ml/L canola oil added. 500ml bottle of concentrate makes 10L of mix for the price of 1L of the pre-mixed stuff. Just need an old spray bottle to spray it with.

You should just mix up a bucket of the stuff and dunk them in. Best coverage ever. I have a few thrips myself but hunt them down so just a few. Should spray tho I guess especially as I’m starting new plants.

:peace:

4 Likes

Ive seen a few ppl say that captain jacks doesnt have enough spinosad in it so it doesnt work well.

Get azamax or spinosad concentrate and theyll be gone in a couple sprays a wk apart.
Then spray monthly as a preventative

4 Likes

I used the Montgomery spinosad, Follow the directions based on the pest. I believe it was 2-3 sprays within a week or 10 days for thrips, but follow directions and it works!

1 Like

Do the spinosad treatments make your leaves all crispy and weird like the azomax?

1 Like

I dont remember noticing any change honestly.

1 Like

I’ve only sprayed azamax once. I think that was the stuff that made my syringes for nutes bind up. Certain way to mix it I believe.

One of the plants has these two cuts, I think it may have been me unintentionally … can you tell me if it looks like an animal or if it was me?

Thanks all
                          And good grows