Can't use high ppm

So, i always see ppm levels used in late veg/flower are super high like 800 to 1300ppm.

I grow hempy perlite in 2 gallon. when i was in 5 gallon i could run 700 to 750 most feedings with a water feed in between using blurples then. my base water is 230ppm.

now in 2 gallon with board lights, I can’t go over 500 to 550 ppm without getting major buns on most varieties. I end up running 450 a lot of week. a few varieties can handle a bit more, but a few weeks of 600 or so and they are burnt too. this means I am feeding less than 300 ppm added nutes most of the time. I get N tox, super green plants, burns, lockouts.

ph is 5.8 to 6 on the way in. ph out goes from 6.1 to 6.3 most of the time. temp is 78 to 80 during lights on. humidity is 45 to 55%.

is this a vpd issue? avg. is usually good, but it swings with temp and humidity as the exhaust turns on to correct things.

I use GH floranova and I can’t imagine using a full dose or even half a dose. full dose is like 2000ppm without adding Si, calmag, koolbloom, etc.

is there a way to get more nutes to the plants or am i just maxing things out already with a low nute regime? on the flip side, nutes are less than 40 bucks a lb of bud.

7 Likes

If you are burning them dial them back.

5 Likes

your ph going up seems to me like they are hungry. maybe your having other issues, i know p or k def will show as dark foliage as well as “burning” on the fan leaves. they are consuming themselves.

edit: some photos would help.

6 Likes

so, i should use more nutes?

i can’t tell if i am getting burns, or like you said K def.

I am getting tip burn which says too much nutes to me. I also feed each watering now.

also, tap water rises after being ph’d here.

@Foreigner
dial down? to like 0, lol. It seems I am using little nutes as it is, but yah, that why i go down to 450ppm (so like 220ppm of nutes).

also, I get this fading on the top leaves. like intervienal chlorosis, but it’s super slow. I thought it was just light bleaching/fade. I will try to get a pick up when lights come on. i have a very healthy plant that is doing the fading. it eats well though and jus gives burnt tips…not the other things that looks like K def.

3 Likes

:call_me_hand:

3a4b0c741ed5e4ec144360ee9387b233b330f274_2_223x500

5 Likes

Bud Buster Pro.

:v:

4 Likes

Do you use tap as base?

2 Likes

Yes. that is the water i have access to.

3 Likes

i definitely am not having this issue. i get buds fine. just would like the leaves after the 2nd week of flower to not get burned up.

3 Likes

my top leaves are like the shaded ones.

I bump my nutrients 20% every feeding until I get to my own desire of dialed in. I never give a shit what a package label or feeding chart says. All strains are different. Micro dose and bump 20%. When I go into late veg and bloom nutrients I do the same start low and bump 20% until the plants tell you “We Good” :100:

5 Likes

What type of lights are you using?

2 Likes

s33. it’s pretty basic. 270w at 100%.

Have you checked your water source and what Is in?

1 Like

not really. it’s a big city. it’s not a weird place. the grass is green here so it should be ok. we definitely have a lot of chlorine, chloramine, ca, etc. the basics for fairly hard water. if anything, i could believe that leaving the water out over night might be a fruitful exercise.

1 Like

Definitely if not using filtered or ro water or well. City tap water the chlorine and chlormine are horrible the chlorine will evaporate off at least

1 Like

i don’t get this on all the plants. just some varieties. i run about 10 types at a time. so, i get a range of outcomes.

1 Like

I would check what Is the content of the water and see the carbonates dissolved.My tap has similar ppm value and when I checked the what was inside I had an Eureka Moment.I decided to switch to Ro and It solved all my issues which are what you describe

6 Likes

Any signs of fungus gnats?
Have you added anything new within your growspace this run?
A couple of pics would surely help. :v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i’ll get some better ones in a min.
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/4X/0/4/f/04fecf21ce7067b6dec9ca2088374b319d68ad11.jpeg

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/4X/5/7/e/57e582127b266d9515362bc3d334341eb7a89c75.jpeg

2 Likes