Cash cropping questions

For customers that will pay more I’m gonna need to figure out why my sister’s mad at me, apologize for whatever I did and then get her to introduce me to her bougie friends who smoke. :sweat_smile:

That’s exactly what we do! lol small batch, top shelf, organic… any time we take our product to a dispensary, it flies off the shelf, and they call us wanting more. We have mothers of around 18 strains atm, down from over 50 strains. Variety is the way… but, you still need to do single strain batches, not 1 or 2 of this strain and 1 or 2 of that, etc. Big enough batch to make decent money from, if you have the room run more than one strain through budding, and take a couple different to the dispensaries, they love that!

6 Likes

That’s why I’m thinking just one strain this run. Then in the future I can run up to 3 at a time to have enough of each for the market. But not so much of each that they get played out. I figure a couple big single strain runs could serve as pheno hunts for future moms.

3 Likes

as someone with a little bit of cash cropping experience find a clone that is high yielding and fast finishing and run it

unless you are planning on selling to lots of small customers stick with 1 no one wants mixed packs

5 Likes

selling commercially from seed is a bad idea too much variation in quality and finished flower aesthetics
1 pack of seeds may produce 10 different flowers all with the same name

if you need to pheno hunt to find a keeper i would suggest preparing to either run hash or edibles afterwards as most plants are gonna not be keepers

please understand im not trying to sound negative just giving advice from my own experience

this a great video probably not on the scale you are thinking but lots of great advice throughout including strain selection

10 Likes

Good info, and something I was kinda figuring long term. I have enough friends who smoke and like good weed but don’t buy in large enough quantities for pheno variation to be a huge issue. Really easy to just call it some loud or gas on the consumer end but yeah my weight guys are definitely gonna want that consistency. So I’ll get there but it’ll take a little time.

1 Like

I thought rainbow weed was in take 2/3 strains mix and distribute them.like a box of chocolates never know what your smoking lol .
Have to chuckle had a buddy a few years back never labeled anything and at harvest put it all in one container he seemed happy with his results didn’t have the heart to tell him otherwise.

3 Likes

Mix it and call it Forest Gump.

3 Likes

Good ole green planet there local to me :ok_hand:

Here’s a Botanist guy I follow doing a tour of an Oakland growing facility. It probably won’t answer a lot of your questions, but it shows a full scale operation, even goes into the irrigation. I think this place is an organic farm too, so if that’s you’re thing I think they even cover the recycling and products they use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wdZtxT8g9I

Figure I may as well ask now, but what’s a maximum yield from a roughly 10x10 canopy with my skills RN I’m figuring on I can pull 1lb/m2 pretty easy especially if I’m running gorrilla glue or something that grows like it but I know it’s possible to do better.

1 Like

Thats not 100sq meters.

Id say if you got it all going good probably 4-5 lbs. I roughly figure a 4x4 =1 lb some do better but some saying theyre doing better also weigh the pots and all wet. Main thing is gonna be not wasting space. Canopy can only be so deep. After 12-18" youre not getting penetration for heavy colas. Lot of clones keep em short and stocky with minimal branching. Long legs kill yield and block other things from maximum potential.

2 Likes

I used to grow and sell to a dispensary. What they wanted from me was consistent results on the hash production. The first question was “does your product always come out like this” “how often can you produce a chunk like this”. Last question was price lol! I was slinging the full melt to them for 20$ a gram they’d double their money at 40$. They were so happy to see me walk in every time it meant serious loot.
In terms of the strain, I would have one that people wanted as nugs and another strain for extraction. It covered the spread. Also it took 5 years to hunt those strains down using the plant crushing method of growing in my lab.

5 Likes

Wow that sounds crazy I would love to hear how the vibe was about weed back then. Was it like the most evil thing in the World in mainstream peoples eyes? I had no idea people smoked weed in the 50’s America. How do you describe the buds? Where did people grow it like guerilla grows in the woods or cornfields?? Off topic for this thread but I would think it would be a good thread on the side.

1 Like

No lmao I have a 100sq ft or 9.8m² I’m thinking more like 10lbs lol.

1 Like

Do you have a favorite cultivator that you preferred to make hash with ?

I guess return wise plus flavour would be the quality’s to look for.

1 Like

Most yield is calculated in m2. Space is usually feet . M2 = m x m (per lb.)
Lets just call meters yards for ease of equvilating measurement. 3ft =yrd(m) so 3ft x 3ft = 1sq m. =9sq ft so yes its closer to 10 lb. There will be about 10 m2 blocks per 100sq ft. I was wrong.

1 Like

Yeah i only know it cause most seeds are sold using the m2 as the yield. I cant hit a lb in a m2 yet but i never do sog either. Most max yields are based m2 and sog method. I still havent pulled a lb per 4x4 but i grow lot of mixed strains and no traini g or method i just let em do what they want.

That’s the Bruce Bugbee way. Watch one of his videos, he’s all about the grams per square meter.

My first sog attempt was a horrible mess i couldnt keep cleaned up n got mites bad. Thats why i just reset everything n going back to giving em room to breathe. I dont need a huge yield just me n my pops n couple friends is all i need.

1 Like