Charity Auction for The Edmonton Food Bank

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to invite OG to the fundraiser I am doing for The Edmonton Food Bank. I have done some volunteering there over the years and it truly is a worthy charity IMO. Many families wouldn’t be able to get by without it… times are tough right now.

I have managed to procure some amazing OG sponsors such as:

@Oldtimerunderground
@Fitzera
@Geneticsofturpene
@CoastalMarySeeds
@DougDawson
@BasementBeans
(I hope I’m not forgetting someone…)

as well as other donations from friends. There should be over 50 strains by the time I put the finishing touches on the list today. Truly something for everyone. I am running it on my Instagram

As some of you know this is the second fundraiser I have done… the first one I did in November through Canadahelps.ca which you can view here.

I managed to raise about 700$ for the Canadian Mental Health Association. About 100$ in donations came in after the deadline. I have decided to do it differently this time as Canadahelps.ca takes a cut. This time I will be sending the seeds out after I see a direct donation receipt to the Edmonton Food Bank, that way 100% of the money goes to the cause. The auction will run from April 1-7 with bids starting at just 20$ Cad and that’s with snail mail shipping included.

If any of my American friends are looking at this and wishing they could support a cause closer to home… I highly suggest checking out @LouDog420’s donation thread supporting the St Jude Chuldrens Hospital.

Another great way to feel good about paying for beans… also both of our initiatives are a potential charitable write-off. :slight_smile:

Any questions please let me know!

18 Likes

No reason our American users can’t support this too bud, I send a donation to our American friends on that other thread :slight_smile: Does not matter where you are located, a food bank is a necessity for many and a great cause to support no matter the flag you fly. They can even donate directly to it as I did with St. Jude’s by going to this link.

6 Likes

Absolutely, good point Doug! I will send seeds worldwide… I just wanted to point out another great OG cause :heart:

4 Likes

6 packs from me for this as well, fire me on that list @TopicalWave

3 Likes

Doh! I knew I was forgetting at least 1 person. My apologies friend.

1 Like

No worries bud, just let me know where to ship the packs as I don’t have Instagram and have no wish to join :wink:

3 Likes

Dont worry Doug! Ill be your shield against the virus of social media :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL, I always called it a social disease but hey, whatever makes a person happy :slight_smile: My protection is not making an account, lol. I leave that stuff to my wife, if folks want me they can call or find me on the best platform on the web, OG smokeit2

5 Likes

Same. I can’t handle all the noise

4 Likes

Very cool of you , much respect. I’ve always been a huge supporter of sick kids in Toronto as I accredit them with saving my sons life, and ironically they saved my fathers life over 60 years ago. What better place to give to than that, but food banks have always been a place I donate to often, when I can as there are so so many in need. Love this idea and love the atmosphere/vibe it creates! Much love and respect

6 Likes

Awesome bud! Will try to get involved on IG!

1 Like

Bidding is underway! Any support is much appreciated. I have a special gift ready for the Candian who donates the most…

4 Likes

Last day of the Edmonton Food Bank Seed Auction. 100% of proceeds go straight to feeding people who need help. Over 50 strains up with most still at the 20CAD min bid. Snail Mail included. You will never feel better about paying for seeds. Keep that donation receipt and claim it on your taxes! Bidding ends 6 PM MST today.

3 Likes

@TopicalWave How did this charity auction go? Thank you for the opportunity to help a righteous cause :fist:

2 Likes

Just over 800CAD in total in direct donations to the Edmonton Food Bank! A huge thank you to everyone who participated! It was even better than the last one. I’ll do another one in 4-5 months time.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.