Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow…except this, fuck this :rofl:

3 Likes

Not by me, not sure about closer to the shore. Where I’m at is a little weird bubble that usually gets shielded from heavier precipitation for some reason. I saw it with snow over the years and now my GF (who isn’t from Jersey) bitches that our thunderstorms are tame.

4 Likes

It seemed to stay kinda west for most shore points, then headed east at the ny border a bit before going northeast. lower areas in bergen got flooded, any area that usually floods got flooded. The videos on the news of the water rushing into the NYC subways was pretty insane though…

4 Likes

Didn’t see them but I’m about to do a search cause that’s nuts.

1 Like

I’ve got a shady spot near the curb, my favorite lawn chair, some sweet tea and pork skins. I am
R E A D Y!

:chile::cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Afternoon everyone!! Yep!! More than a decade living in NYC and had never seen that before!! The city is in deep trouble at the moment!

2 Likes

It looks brutal bro! I’ve got 3 nieces in NYC. They said the same thing. Lived there 20 years plus and never seen that shit! The images of the Subway! Unbelievable. Hope you’re ok bro.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

How late in the flowering cycle can one reverse a female plant? On a related note, how late in the flowering cycle can a plant be pollinated and still yield, vigorous, viable seed?

For the little Mephisto project I’m going to be running, selection is obviously a bigger challenge than with Photos, where it’s possible to take cutting and flower the mother plant or a cutting to evaluate a plant before deciding to proceed with it.

Their work creating more stable lines of later filial generations helps, since there will be less variation among plants, but it doesn’t sit terribly well with me to think I might need to pollinate sight unseeing.

As to ‘how late’? I’m new to the reversal game so there you’d need to wait on answers from the more experienced. But for seeds to mature fully on a pollenated plant takes usually 3-4 weeks or even longer by a few days.

2 Likes

That is helpful, thank you! The autos in question have a listed turnaround time of 75-85 days, but if I’m growing for seed I figure I can push that longer, maybe closer to 90-95 days.

Given 25-30 days for seeds to develop, that means I would need to have viable pollen no later than ~ 60 days into the grow. Now I just need to figure out the reversal timing.

2 Likes

You can do the reversal ASAP and store the pollen in the fridge, with rice to absorb any left over moisture, until the best time for pollination. Based on the life cycle of that particular strain. Some are 75, some are 60, 90, 105 etc

1 Like

Will reversed females release viable pollen early enough for the plants to be germinated from seed at the same time, or do you think it would be necessary to stagger germinations to get the reversed female to finish producing viable pollen in time to pollinate the others?

1 Like

I would ‘stagger’, concentrate on the pollen collection first. Mainly because by the time you’re done collecting, the auto may be too far into it’s life cycle to get good fully matured seeds. Then if timed right the next batch of Autos you do want to pollenate should be coming along and about ready to hit. Without any storing needed, properly timed.

Of course, this is just my opinion on how I myself would do it, and you should do as you want cuz

go over to my thread I just got done with a pollination of some Autos I just posted a pic of the seeds on one plant lol

Johnny Potseed’s First Autos… And don’t let that title fool ya lol

4 Likes

I need a notification everytime you post about this September -thingy

I’m getting anxiety thinking about missing the sign up :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Yeah I seen all the footage and was like holy cow !! Work in the Albany region blue skies there past couple days ……Upstate ny not even a lick of rain past two days :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Pretty nippy out though

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you just MIGHT get a Daily Reminder of the event. I may be wrong, but I THINK that’s how it goes…lol!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I am sure hoping so and that its not on the day of my cataract eye surgery loll!

I’m sure it will happen for you.

:chile::cowboy_hat_face::+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Also kinda apprehensive about it!! Don’t wanna step on anybody’s toes, excited and anxious about it!! Thanks a million for all you do here!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :hugs:

4 Likes